Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's all we need another plastic park [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]

To be fair, i was off the same opinion about plastic parks till I was at Renfrew's new Park last Friday, I was well impressed, an made me think it might just be the way to go, as long it's not like Petershill which is a horrible soulless ground,.

12 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Isn't Yoker in Glasgow? Or is it part of West Dunbartonshire?

Lee ... There's a part of Clydebank called Yoker. Holm Park is wholly within the boundaries of Clydebank. The project is being partly funded by WDC ... as part of their facilities strategy. Its in much need of upgrading and hopefully this will secure the future of both teams. 

Encouraging news, surface not an issue as 3g and the like is the future and is used in countries that perform better than Scotland on the international stage.

Only wonder how much change can be made on the surroundings of the ground with a road on one side and the clyde on the other.

Lee ... There's a part of Clydebank called Yoker. Holm Park is wholly within the boundaries of Clydebank. The project is being partly funded by WDC ... as part of their facilities strategy. Its in much need of upgrading and hopefully this will secure the future of both teams. 

Ah I see! I always thought they were both separate with Yoker being in Glasgow west end

16 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

It was only because my old work had a depot in Yoker and it was classed as Glasgow-Yoker. Mind you they also renamed Rutherglen depot to Glasgow-Rutherglen

There is a part of Glasgow called Yoker too ... It's split by the boundary. 

Plastic pitches aren't the greatest but committees will have done homework on the benefits they can bring and that's why they're chosen. Would love to have all grass parks but I suppose you've got to move forward and with money so tight in juniors I think clubs have to look at ways to maximise income

The problem with these community stadiums is they are overused by everyone, so when the surface gets laid it is top notch then soon enough becomes a worn away green carpet like petershill!

Only when they aren't maintained properly.

Artificial pitches are only way that councils can justify investment in upgrading facilities - ie it's not just for benefit of 1 or 2 teams. 

Specifics of upgrade not yet finalised but I'd like to see more cover ... improved toilets, catering, social etc 

To be fair, i was off the same opinion about plastic parks till I was at Renfrew's new Park last Friday, I was well impressed, an made me think it might just be the way to go, as long it's not like Petershill which is a horrible soulless ground,.

Yes. I know. Largs is also still a proper junior ground, but ... when politicians get involved I fear the worst. Let's hope community project doesn't mean souless cash cow!

12 hours ago, F_T_Y said:

Encouraging news, surface not an issue as 3g and the like is the future and is used in countries that perform better than Scotland on the international stage.

Only wonder how much change can be made on the surroundings of the ground with a road on one side and the clyde on the other.

May be my memory playing games but I recall as a child that there was plenty of space up behind there between Holm Park and the river. Might mean shifting the cycle path and the road along to the gas containers a little but that should be easily done....

Yes. I know. Largs is also still a proper junior ground, but ... when politicians get involved I fear the worst. Let's hope community project doesn't mean souless cash cow!

Like Petershill u mean ? A dunno weather Peasy had any involvement in the build ? But it's a horrible place for a footy match. Largs isn't bad, an Renfrew is impressive.

Archived