Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Yet to hear a good reason against it, but it does seem like you’re in the minority.

Elgin away  on a Wednesday night in December. Languishing at the lower end of the 2nd division. Zero chance of winning a trophy. Admission cost in ratio to quality of football on show. I remember fondly the Halcyon days of vying with St. Mirren and Dundee for promotion and the buzz of big crowds at Kilbowie in the Premier but, sadly, those days will not be replicated.

I have made more friends with opposition fans in the time we have been junior than I did in 30 years in senior football.

' Mon the juniors.

I cant see us languishing, its a way to secure our future, financially the club will suffer if we dont make the move, Kelty have shown already that its a positive. The chances of midweek trips to Elgin are few and far apart and admittedly not ideal but neither is a hastily arranged midweek 6pm kick offs to Girvan etc. I appreciate your opinion and if the club decides to remain junior i’ll wish you all the best and still look for results but i’m not going to waste another season with juniors. With the way crowds and support for fundraisers etc is going I wont be the only one.

Imagine not supporting your team because of the grade of football they play on. Utterly absurd.

12 minutes ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

Ive only stuck with it because our club constitution is that we strive to have a team back in the senior game, so on that basis if the vote goes against that then i cant be bothered with no fixture list, mon-wed-fri games in may, last minute mad changes in fixtures,games cancelled because someones cousin is getting married, cup finals with no organisation and corrupt fixture compilers. i apologise if all of that appeals to you but I’m at the stage where after 14 years of it i’ve had enough, i wouldn’t go and watch another team but couldn’t really see myself as actually caring about it anymore. I’m far from the only Bankies fan who feels this way, crowds have decreased recently despite winning promotion and tbh many have just had enough.

Can you provide the details of the drop in attendances that you`re mentioning? 

6 hours ago, Bishoptonbankie said:

I cant see us languishing, its a way to secure our future, financially the club will suffer if we dont make the move, Kelty have shown already that its a positive. The chances of midweek trips to Elgin are few and far apart and admittedly not ideal but neither is a hastily arranged midweek 6pm kick offs to Girvan etc. I appreciate your opinion and if the club decides to remain junior i’ll wish you all the best and still look for results but i’m not going to waste another season with juniors. With the way crowds and support for fundraisers etc is going I wont be the only one.

If the Bankies want to go for it crack on! Junior football has given the, a route back on to something that they have wanted all along. That is the way the cookie crumbles. Enjoy

Ive only stuck with it because our club constitution is that we strive to have a team back in the senior game, so on that basis if the vote goes against that then i cant be bothered with no fixture list, mon-wed-fri games in may, last minute mad changes in fixtures,games cancelled because someones cousin is getting married, cup finals with no organisation and corrupt fixture compilers. i apologise if all of that appeals to you but I’m at the stage where after 14 years of it i’ve had enough, i wouldn’t go and watch another team but couldn’t really see myself as actually caring about it anymore. I’m far from the only Bankies fan who feels this way, crowds have decreased recently despite winning promotion and tbh many have just had enough.

Cheerio shut the door on way out .

6 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

Elgin away  on a Wednesday night in December. Languishing at the lower end of the 2nd division. Zero chance of winning a trophy. Admission cost in ratio to quality of football on show. I remember fondly the Halcyon days of vying with St. Mirren and Dundee for promotion and the buzz of big crowds at Kilbowie in the Premier but, sadly, those days will not be replicated.

I have made more friends with opposition fans in the time we have been junior than I did in 30 years in senior football.

' Mon the juniors.

So you won’t make friends at Whitehill Welfare,Newton Stewart East Kilbride,Burntisland etc? 

I agree with loads of your post , clubs are actually very well run at the top end of the juniors but the product and the running of it is shambolic at times from people in paid positions .

I know, can point to several examples of clubs at all levels of the junior game who are fantastic and really enjoyable to go to, The Ants, Troon, Buffs, Maryhill and Dunipace all places i’ve enjoyed watching football. Like I said surely rather than changing the game or continuing to be unhappy we’re better to let the folks who don’t want to move on to it, I don’t understand the hostility, certainly don’t wish any club any harm, but feel that for my own club its the only way to ensure long term survival.

Love my team and would support them regardless of the level but i don't have any great affinity with the level we play at , it's a shambles at times and there's so much scope for improvement , can understand bankies fans who want away from it and back senior , albeit it ended horribly last time for them but if lessons are learned and they go back senior then best wishes to them , playing junior at first was probably great and so much better than being defunct but yes if I supported a team who were senior not so long ago I would probably crave a return to the seniors, junior football has probably went stale to many at Clydebank

8 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Why don't you answer it?

I thought it would be pretty evident that if I could engage with junior supporters, then it would not be a problem with SoSL supporters ( or even the EoSL ones quoted by PnB virgin Kilbowie Benches ) , therefore I didn't reply directly to the question. Still with me ?

Bishoptonbankie has ambition to rejoin senior football. I have ambition to be a top junior club. No one is right, no one wrong.

I will now leave the forum open to your latest tirade.

Serious question. I know there is some discussion about Bankies going down the Kelty route. If you do how will fixtures be scheduled? You both would be under 2 different associations and i thought any new licensed clubs would have to have primacy of tenancy (I maybe wrong but I remember something about it when I last read it which was a while ago). Let’s be honest there will be clashes. Who would get 1st choice?

Curious as to why this is of any concern to you?

1 hour ago, holmparkheroes said:

I thought it would be pretty evident that if I could engage with junior supporters, then it would not be a problem with SoSL supporters ( or even the EoSL ones quoted by PnB virgin Kilbowie Benches ) , therefore I didn't reply directly to the question. Still with me ?

Bishoptonbankie has ambition to rejoin senior football. I have ambition to be a top junior club. No one is right, no one wrong.

I will now leave the forum open to your latest tirade.

You stated it as if making new friends at the football was specific to staying Junior?

Im sorry if that’s a tirade btw

Where would the Bankies be without the Juniors?

What sort of argument is that? The SFA created a pyramid for exactly the reason to let clubs outwith the SPFL have a route back into it. Clydebank is perhaps the only club (I think) in Juniors who once was part of the Professional Leagues. It should be of no surprise to anybody if they look to maybe one day try and get back there.

Archived