Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

I haven't seen enough of the side this season to really get a grip on where the problems are, but from what I have seen we aren't clinical enough and seem to throw the towel in if we go behind.

That's generally my impression whenever I've been along.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, BTID said:

Not confirmed yet, think it might be 14th May at Airdrie's stadium 

I think the 14th is correct, and the game will be played in Airdrie. Opposition will be Airdrie also, which should give the game a wee bit of additional edge.

Another cup final getting played on a 3 or 4g pitch, whatever you call it, ridiculous, whats wrong with good old grass pitches for a national cup final, good luck in the final btw

Down with this sort of thing!

Careful now.

Don't really mind it's always been at Airdrie so that's just the way it is. 

Hopefully we can bring through a good crowd to support the team. I appreciate the senior past makes this one a little awkward - but I really want the fans to get behind the team and be positive. To reach the national final is a fantastic achievement and we'll need to play really well to beat Airdrie who made the final last year.

But the future looks bright for us and hopefully we can make it a day to remember. 

Beaten 3-0 by maryhill who had ten men for 50 minutes. Surely questions have to start being asked if mcanespie was the right appointment. Whats that, 2 wins in around 7 games and the team going backwards.

Either way a major clear out is needed in the summer as there is some passengers and a few just not good enough in the squad right now.

I wasn't there today, but my impression from games I've attended since before and after McAnespie's appointment is that they are trying more now, though not quite yet responding to the new instructions (which they hadn't been under Budgie's last days anyway) but trying to get round a new style. I've often thought the first half of this season that the midfield has been absent and for a couple of seasons now I've felt left back and centre forward were weak points which hadn't been addressed, so I'm happy to give the new coaching staff time to build a team. I don't expect promotion this season.

6 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I wasn't there today, but my impression from games I've attended since before and after McAnespie's appointment is that they are trying more now, though not quite yet responding to the new instructions (which they hadn't been under Budgie's last days anyway) but trying to get round a new style. I've often thought the first half of this season that the midfield has been absent and for a couple of seasons now I've felt left back and centre forward were weak points which hadn't been addressed, so I'm happy to give the new coaching staff time to build a team. I don't expect promotion this season.

Is Andy Paterson still the left back?

Comfortable in the end today, frizzell changed the game when he came on and nicky little's goal was a nicely taken.

Well done to josh today, can't have been an easy week for him but he made two big saves with the score at 0-0.

A tougher task next week for sure.

Archived