Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

Bankies should definitely go for LL entry & leave a Colt team in the Juniors. Maybe BSC could use it also? Better than Alloa surely?

Why would we want to go back and play the clubs who sold us down the river the last time we were in the seniors I would rather stay in the juniors than go back and watch that shower of back  stabbers in the sfl

I remember when you began your journey in the juniors, we were involved in the same four team tourney at Cambuslang, so am looking forward to today.

Hope you enjoy your first visit,except the result, of course:P

T

Enjoyed the game today,plus good chat with some of your guys. Lots of banter, nothing antagonistic or confrontational. Looking forward to the away fixture.:thumsup2

All the best in the cups guys, unless you meet us;)

T

Another defeat today, and one point from the last nine available, its a tough league and no one will run away with it so not really concerned yet.

But, why we have two strikers on the bench but play our best midfielder up front was just odd. When burbidge went off we were goosed, seems the game plan is just kick it in his direction, Mackinnon and Haddow had good games in midfield but we need Barclay or Allan back in their as soon as possible. Absolutely toothless up front, brought joel on and played him on the wing and he never touched the ball for the twenty minutes he was on.

from what I've seen this season, promotion will be a hard ask. There's undoubtedly talent throughout the entire squad, but there doesn't seem to be much game plan involved. I wouldn't say it's a team that gets the ball down and plays nor would I say it's a physical team that wins its battles. One things for sure with the players there the results should be a lot better, that includes the second half of last season. 

When we reformed I was always an advocate on finding a permanent home first after years in the wilderness. A team would eventually follow. We decided to go other way and with great success. Kilbowie became a fortress but it took blood, sweat and years & ..tears. Maybe it's time to ground ourselves first rather than concentrating on becoming a premier league team. That will come in time. You need a place to call home. Very few teams can win championships and cups in others stadia. After 20 years we are Tenants no more!

Is there any reason why the pitch grass is being left to grow so long? It's running the football, lots of players falling over and the ball is slow moving due to the length. I'm wondering if it's being left long to try to combat the number of call offs last season due to waterlogged pitch?

Archived