Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Terracing should be able to be retained and tidied up so it will still have the feel of a football ground. 

The wall on Glasgow Road will need to be demolished though, that's ready to go at any time, I think the tree is al that's holding it up lol

Yoker used to have a social club but it "mysteriously" went on fire the week after the CCTV cameras were stolen!!!!

18 hours ago, judge macbrayne said:

The investment in Holm Park will see a modern sporting facility fully equipped with a synthetic playing surface and floodlights which will see the facility available for the community every day throughout the year.

Will be interesting to see whether this means that Clydebank will leave the juniors and will try to push for SPFL entry like East Kilbride FC are doing. Hope they keep the weird shaped enclosure no matter what happens. Things like that add character to a ground.

1 hour ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I think Holm park could be a really smart ground. Plenty room behind the shed to expand if it was ever necessary!

The area behind the shed used to have a roof and was Yoker's training area.

36 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

I hope so, but its something that may split opinion amongst the support.

I think if the facilities were there, the majority would be in favour of moving up to whatever the highest level available is. As it stands the lowland league offers that route.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I think if the facilities were there, the majority would be in favour of moving up to whatever the highest level available is. As it stands the lowland league offers that route.

If you join the South of Scotland League first and then gain promotion to the LL

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If you join the South of Scotland League first and then gain promotion to the LL

I'll take your word on that. I've lost interest in the structure at the bottom in the last few years. Didn't go far enough for my liking and until we are in a position to join I'm not paying too much attention!

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

I'll take your word on that. I've lost interest in the structure at the bottom in the last few years. Didn't go far enough for my liking and until we are in a position to join I'm not paying too much attention!

The first step for Clydebank IMO, assuming this all goes ahead as planned, is to get a licence and Scottish Cup entry. The question of Pyramids/League entry will evolve, I don't think in 5 years time the non-league landscape will still be the same as it is now.

Just now, Burnie_man said:

The first step for Clydebank IMO, assuming this all goes ahead as planned, is to get a licence and Scottish Cup entry. The question of Pyramids/League entry will evolve, I don't think in 5 years time the non-league landscape will still be the same as it is now.

I would agree with that.

On 12 July 2016 at 13:19, BANKIEBILL said:

Junior football is effectively semi pro football. If clubs want to move up to a higher level then that's a choice of fans, players and the club in whole. Clydebank has been there. We know the ins and outs of that world. No one is trying to diss the professionalism of the junior game. It is absolutley outstanding. Who knows maybe one day amateur clubs will join the junior game. It's called progress!

The council owns ardeers park so it would be ok if Saltcoats just moved in and took over their ground ?

If it's what the council wanted, then yeah. Don't see what that has to do with agreement Yoker Athletic has with Clydebank though.

11 hours ago, PtB said:

The council own Holm Park.

We have ten years left on a twenty year lease though but I dare say that will have been taken into account.  The car park IS owned by Yoker so that would be a separate negotiation!!

We have ten years left on a twenty year lease though but I dare say that will have been taken into account.  The car park IS owned by Yoker so that would be a separate negotiation!!

Agreed, I believe all parties are happy with the terms though.

Archived