Clydebank Fc thread 2016-2017

BANKIEBILL

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seasons this year 

£80 Adults

£40 Concession

this includes entry to 13 home league games, 2 SLC group games and all home friendlies incl the Dumbarton game. Will be on sale at all friendlies incl A games. 

10 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Big season for the Bankies after just falling slightly short last term. 

Friendlies confirmed so far

19/7 Harmony Row A ko 7.30

22/7 Arthurlie A ko 7.30

30/7 Carnoustie A ko 2.30

2/8 Dumbarton H ko 7.15

I'm assuming the  Arthurlie date (22/7)  is a typo Bill (should be 27th?).

Looking forward to visiting you boys in a few weeks. Although with this game sandwiched between our last League Cup game and the our first league game I'd imagine we might send our 17s with a couple of fringe players.  Do you know what entry prices will be?

58 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Looking forward to visiting you boys in a few weeks. Although with this game sandwiched between our last League Cup game and the our first league game I'd imagine we might send our 17s with a couple of fringe players.  Do you know what entry prices will be?

Your 1st team could hardly beat us last season and that was with us having only just started pre -season!

I very much doubt Dumbarton will play U 17s as they`d get hammered and learn nothing.

Just now, Bankies Alive said:

Your 1st team could hardly beat us last season and that was with us having only just started pre -season!

I very much doubt Dumbarton will play U 17s as they`d get hammered and learn nothing.

This might surprise you, but players generally don't give two fucks about pre-season games and will generally put in less effort to win the game. In any case, we had a centre mid playing right back and the team featured two players who never played a competitive game for us and 4 U20 players - we were hardly sending a team out to demolish you, it's a friendly for fucks sake :lol: . Our 17s would learn a lot from playing Junior sides, I actually feel we should be loaning them out to Junior sides, well the ones we hope that will progress.

Quite why you've taken such a defensive stance over my post is anyone's guess. Some size chip on your shoulder mate.

7 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

With our league season starting that Saturday and a League Cup game being played by the 1st team on the 30th it'll very much be a Dumbarton XI. I'd imagine a mixture of a U17s, Kassarate, Ryan Clark, McCallum, perhaps a few trialists and Mark Brown.

Youth teams will get hammered in the diddy cup too, but it doesn't stop them being stuck in! They'll learn more from playing against you guys than they would playing against other kids the same age.

20 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

There's a bit of a leap from U17s to U20s.

Theres no way we'd have taken the game on if Dumbarton were sending a bunch of school kids,we'd be better off playing our own 17's which are probably better than Dumbartons anyway!

I thought being in the Juniors would've given you boys a fair bit of realism but it seems you're even more deluded than before. I'm sorry I bothered to come in here and ask how much the fucking game would be :lol:

It's amazing you guys aren't back in the senior leagues and pissing it, what with a first team better than a Championship side and a better youth team to boast too.

20 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Where did I say we had a better 1st team.

However if we were handed £100k just for turning up I'd guess we'd have a good chance!

It never stopped us before as our head to head record would suggest.

I've no idea what you're going on about. Where's this £100K chat come from? And are you discussing our head to head record in pre-season kick abouts?  

You're having a mare here mate and I only wanted to know how much money I'd need to give your club to watch a fucking game :lol:

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've no idea what you're going on about. Where's this £100K chat come from? And are you discussing our head to head record in pre-season kick abouts?  

You're having a mare here mate and I only wanted to know how much money I'd need to give your club to watch a fucking game :lol:

No you didn't you asked how much it was then went on about Dumbarton playing U17s even though you know that won't happen as they'd get thrashed.

Take a look at the head to head record between Clydebank and Dumbarton in senior football where part time clubs with a few hundred fans get handed wads of cash for turning up.

2 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

No you didn't you asked how much it was then went on about Dumbarton playing U17s even though you know that won't happen as they'd get thrashed.

Take a look at the head to head record between Clydebank and Dumbarton in senior football where part time clubs with a few hundred fans get handed wads of cash for turning up.

Maybe you should do some breathing exercises or something, to try and prevent you from having a stroke from sheer rage?

Out of curiosity, why does the idea of some youth footballers playing in a friendly against Clydebank make you quite this angry?

12 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Chap's very angry about the upcoming pre-season friendly between the clubs. Can only assume that a Dumbarton FC XI shagged his wife / killed his maw at some point.

Not bothered about the game it is what it is.Only pointed out that it won't be U17s

Just now, Bankies Alive said:

I only suggested that we might not send a full team as it was in between two competitive fixtures for us and you started this nonsense. Why would the fact we'd get thrashed make the blind bit of difference in a pre-season friendly? For the second time, friendly results don't matter a f**k to us, you can use it as some terrible justification in a cock waving contest but your friends at the Rock will be quietly pishing themselves laughing and then getting on with life.

I hope we send the U13s now and I'm boycotting this due your highly unwelcoming and over the top manner. Hope you're proud of yourself.

Archived