Stewarton Annick Ams

bigbuff

Very disappointing performance on Wed night and the result was exactly what we deserved. However it's not the end of the world we pick ourselves up and move on to the next game. We need to take on instruction simples.

• 2 months later...

Not been on here for a while, due to a restructure at the club I took on the management role about 5 weeks ago. Aside from the Clark Drive result we have performed well and more as a unit. The return of players from suspension and injury and the signing of a new player has resulted in myself having a full squad of 18 to choose from on Saturday for the game against Dalry. Dalry have been installed as favourites and you would have to be an idiot to disagree going by their results.

We will go in and give our all and hopefully put in the required performance. No matter what putting some pride back into the team is the main factor for me.

I arrived just as the Dalry bench were doing their nut but based on a couple of neutrals from Kilwinning there was a bit of racist abuse getting dished out from a member of the Stewarton team.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 21:13, Dindeleux said:

I arrived just as the Dalry bench were doing their nut but based on a couple of neutrals from Kilwinning there was a bit of racist abuse getting dished out from a member of the Stewarton team.

I would just like to comment and this will be the only comment, ALLEGED, we as a club wont tolerate racist abuse but the ALLEGED incident was a flashpoint and 2 sides to every story. We as a club will let the authorities deal with it whether we agree with the outcome of that or not remains to be seen.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 17:43, eyeswideopen15 said:

Good point today for you lads. That's The difference a full squad at amateur level makes

It was a hard fought battle full of controversy that could have continued after the game. Credit to both teams that this did not happen.

As far as the result and performance goes it really was a game of 2 halves. Although we could have went 2 up rather than Dalry the game was played at a frantic pace. We are starting to find a little momentum in the league and hopefully we will finish in a respectable position. I am finally getting to put my mark on the team and even though we have some way to go we hope to cause a few upsets along the way. The 3rd Division although small is a very competitive league and our young players are now starting to get the hang of it. I wouldn't like to call it as its going to be tight, we have drawn with 1st and 2nd place recently and beaten by Waverly twice earlier in the season although a bit of luck and both those results could have went the other way.

We are building for next season already as its going to be a short season. Most teams will struggle to get players to games and training basically I've got rid of a few in the last few weeks due to attitude and commitment and brought in players that I know will be committed. Amateur is a tough game nowadays very different from when I played but you still get loads of entertainment.

All the best to every team for the remainder of the season.

9 hours ago, bigbuff said:

I would just like to comment and this will be the only comment, ALLEGED, we as a club wont tolerate racist abuse but the ALLEGED incident was a flashpoint and 2 sides to every story. We as a club will let the authorities deal with it whether we agree with the outcome of that or not remains to be seen.

Yeh I agree to be honest and I should've added alleged to my post.  As I said it wasn't heard first hand by me.

Archived