Stewarton Annick Ams

bigbuff

Would hardly say shit, coming second in the league  to b/hill who paid there player's!  And they won the treble the season before. They have got good player's for the division there are gonna be in for the season coming. Stewarton have seemingly added well to their squad though so who knows

Were they not 3rd and couldn't even fulfil their fixtures? Aye good season mate[emoji106]???? year before they done the clean sweep but last year was a shit season for them.

2-2 draw against New Cumnock away. Both teams would have been trying out players and possibly players missing (i know we had 4 starters missing). First time this team had played together with boys being introduced to each other in the changing room lol. Wasnt much in it New Cumnock going 2-0 up though 1st goal was a mile offside. Boys battled back to tie the game and tbh should have won it, were looking the fitter team and created more chances although NCA hit the post with a free kick. All in all a good work out for both teams.

Stewarton need friendlies and plenty of them in order to structure this team. 

2-2 draw against New Cumnock away. Both teams would have been trying out players and possibly players missing (i know we had 4 starters missing). First time this team had played together with boys being introduced to each other in the changing room lol. Wasnt much in it New Cumnock going 2-0 up though 1st goal was a mile offside. Boys battled back to tie the game and tbh should have won it, were looking the fitter team and created more chances although NCA hit the post with a free kick. All in all a good work out for both teams.

Stewarton need friendlies and plenty of them in order to structure this team. 

Saying you had 4 starters missing on your 1st preseason friendly is being a bit disrespectful to those that started is it not? Surely preseason is the chance for everyone to stake their claim to be a starter! Not looking for an argument here, but with u saying they've signed so many new players surely the best starting line up hasn't been decided before preseason friendlies?

Im basing it on players know and the fact that 'starters' were missing in this respect i mean boys that would expect to start I should have made that clearer. Been in the game too long to judge anyone on 1 game i was merely pointing out that both teams had players missing.

• 2 weeks later...

3-1 defeat away to 2nd division Ochiltree on Saturday. 3rd game in a row with a different starting 11 however that's what pre-season is all about. What was agreed was that this was the best we had played in all 3 games. Another 3 debutants that will add something to the team. Again we had a host of chances but couldn't convert. Would have to say a stone wall penalty turned down too. Some really good football played for a team that have just been put together. 3 more friendlies against tough opposition to go. Hopefully we can gel and push on when the business end starts. I for one never take any notice of preseason results, they count for nothing when the league starts.

• 2 weeks later...

3 v 3 against 1st Division Fenwick Thistle. First game we have had all bar 1 player available from 18 man squad. IMO dominated the game but lack of concentration cost us the victory. The Fenwick defence was constantly under pressure and at the other end the old timer Linnie was still showing his magic if not  the pace. Stewartons power and pace in the final third was the difference in the previous team performances and hopefully we can push on in what will be a very tough league.

Dalry & Moorpark have been touted as favourites and going by there pre-season results we would expect them to be so, however I'm sure every team in the league will be giving it 100% and Stewarton will be no different.

ATID! :)

Cheers Geo obv goes without saying all the best to all my ex-players at Muirkirk hope they push on bud and if not Uncle Boab will be here with open arms lol. Thankfully we managed to sign a top class keeper.

Archived