Fish and Chips after the fitba

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

Vic's fish and chicken bar is close to Dens and Tannadice and very decent.

Avoid Dora's, utter keech. 

Is Vic's more of a Dens or Tannadice chippy? get any decent banter in there or is it purely the quality of the fish and chips?!

5 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

Does anybody pick a chippy on the banter quality? I walk in, order a fish supper, pay for it then leave with the goods in my hand.

Am I doing it wrong?

I'm here for the Battered Fish no the Pish Patter approach is correct. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Can't beat the Golden Chip in Dunfermline. Only black mark for life in Edinburgh over life in the Kingdom is the lack of chippies that even come close. 

Golden Chip would get my vote. The Brig's probably too far away to count, but love both chippies!

Just now, Kieran-The-Fish said:

Golden Chip would get my vote. The Brig's probably too far away to count, but love both chippies!

Marini's in Rosyth is a good spot too and handy for fans going to and from Cowden, Raith and other such outposts. Brig has some pretty funky-shaped fish - like they've deep fried a frisbee. 

In Edinburgh, the Cafe Piccante in London Road, so okay for Easter Road and Meadowbank. Their steak pies are the best I've ever tasted and the fish suppers are excellent as well, though maybe a little pricey.

Cafe Piccante.JPG

Archived