Xmas eve or Boxing day?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never really understood the fascination with Boxing Day fixtures - I see f**k all difference between playing on Boxing Day and playing somewhere between the 27th-30th other than actually being able to get to away games by train from the 27th-30th. I get the point that people have f**k all to do so football becomes more appealing, but the same applies to Christmas Eve unless you're an idiot who hasn't bothered to buy anything yet. Makes no difference to me really.

Playing on Hogmanay is a shite idea though.

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 09:01, Dunning1874 said:

I've never really understood the fascination with Boxing Day fixtures - I see f**k all difference between playing on Boxing Day and playing somewhere between the 27th-30th other than actually being able to get to away games by train from the 27th-30th. I get the point that people have f**k all to do so football becomes more appealing, but the same applies to Christmas Eve unless you're an idiot who hasn't bothered to buy anything yet. Makes no difference to me really.

Playing on Hogmanay is a shite idea though.

Depends I guess on people's personal situation.

I know guys who want the game on Boxing day and I know guys who are working on Dec 27 so are raging they can't enjoy the game wI too much beer.

As I'm a guy wi absolutely no kids in my family at all, I can't be arsed with Xmas day and really need a decent Boxing day to get me through.

I'd imagine once I become a dad I'd prefer Xmas eve football.

33 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

The Renfrewshire derby and a few others will surely now have to be moved to January 2nd, given that the police will be dealing with life's losers on Hogmanay.

same rules apply, surely?!

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:37, Gaz FFC said:

Well we have 1 result in.

Dunfermline v Falkirk will be Boxing day.

Any other games moved or confirmed as Xmas eve?

If you're looking across divisions - Peterhead v Stenhousemuir in SPFL1 has also moved to Boxing Day; while Airdrie v Albion Rovers and Brechin v Peterhead have moved from Hogmanay to January 2nd. Edinburgh City v Elgin in SPFL2 has moved from Christmas Eve to October 8th (both now out of Challenge Cup); Forfar v Clyde has moved to Boxing Day; and Arbroath v Montrose and Elgin v Forfar have moved to January 2nd.

Stranraer v Airdrie on Christmas Eve has been brought forward to 1pm.

Bit of a mess, tbh.

Archived