Desktop Issues & Feedback (updated 28/07)

Mon Dieu

Question

Issues (updated 28/07)

Spoiler

Thank you!  Titles appear vertically, letter-by-letter. Issue with old web browsers (update or change your web browser).

Thank you!  The 'Support' tab/tool comes up with a gateway error when submitting a post.

Thank you!  Clicking 'View New Replies' or the link in a notification pop-up - neither seem to work.

Thank you!  Keyboard shortcuts don't work. Issue with old web browsers (update or change your web browser).

Thank you!  Sometimes, pressing 'backspace' to delete takes me back to the previous webpage. Issue with old web browsers.

Little Things (updated 28/07)

Spoiler

- 'More Reply Options' or 'Advanced Reply' - loss of old format options; HTML/source mode.

- The colour scheme on 'Team Themes' could be changed, such as name/link colours. e.g. Div > Div (default)  Div > Div (Hibs theme)

Thank you! Customisable profile background/header would be a nice option.

- 'Responsive Layout' on desktop. The all-white, borderless layout can make browsing & reading a bit of a nuisance; I 'Zoom In' to make post-reading easier and 'Zoom Out' to navigate the forum. Words are quite small for the expansive white pages.

- Sound 'off' for pop-up notifications, as the default. Or others may also suffer the fright of their lives, especially if using P&B on the sly.

- Searching for an old post can be tedious, such as high reputation content or reputation content: the reputation stream is just a list of each time a reputation point was given/received, instead of a list that displays their posts; there isn't a link to take you to the corresponding post.

-  Precise dates & times e.g. 'Posted: 05/07/2016 00:40' (instead of 'posted 7 days ago'). The current format makes searching for old posts even more difficult without a direct link. Can we also have DD/MM instead of MM/DD, for the date.

- Usernames aren't 'responsive'. Instead of changing size, they just get cut off and added to another line.

14 answers to this question

Not sure if this is the right place, but.

I have a '1' showing next to the 'Chat' tab.  When I try to access it I get a message saying 'Your group does not have permission to access the chat room'.  Error code 2H269/2

So we need to see a wee red notification whenever those platinum b*****ds chat in their members only clique for ever more? This will be awful for those who regularly post in PTTGOYN

Thanks for this detailed feedback, much appreciated.

Now that all the performance and crashing issues are hopefully behind us we can start tackling the smaller details and bugs!

How do we get the mobile version?

I prefer the blue layout backing to this one and cant get back to it.

It used to be down the bottom of the page but cant find it anywhere.

There is no mobile version.

On mobile you get the same as desktop, but formatted for mobile.

Just to say the search function is massively improved, or more intuitive for the ignorant. Finding an appropriate thread title instead of starting yet another new one can be done in seconds.

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Can I enlarge the space my admittedly large username inhabits or reduce the font size as 

Williemillersmoust

ache

Sounds like the former Scotland captain and champion moustache wearer has some kind of fungal disease

No.

TSAC.JPG

Archived