Safe standing section

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read many say these rails cost a lot more than your standard seats.

What are we looking at in terms of difference?

Looking at Parkhead, I'm not convinced it will be great deal of difference.

Guest Bushel o' Bricks

Spending money on ripping up seats and introducing 'safe standing' sections seem a bit pointless when you can just stand in front of the seats in the first place. This happens in the East Stand at Fir Park, North Stand at Firhill, the away corner at Ibrox when the visiting team brings a sizeable support etc.

Yes - then get pushed over the seat and onto the row in front during any scenes that occur. Standing in an all-seated is actually more dangerous than on a crumbling old terrace, as the seats are an obvious trip hazard. Now that clubs have the opportunity to upgrade their facilities they should do so. Or in our case, do nothing as we already have perfectly safe standing.

'Safe Standing' :lol:

Given that the Taylor Report has now been found to be based on lies, it is clear that 'unsafe' standing is limited to pens with one way in and one way out.

You could argue that properly ticketed and maintained traditional terracing is safer than rows of 'seats' that obstruct your direct means of escape in an emergency.

8 hours ago, stinkingbadges said:

Jeez a Morton supporter worried about 'scenes'! When did you last have 'scenes'? Oh yeah, promotion from the first division two years back. Still nursing a dead leg from Peterhead? emoji23.png

I don't think the tears you're crying are from laughter tbh

What's the point in the seats? Does the bar not just get in the way of your view? 

Does look that way but presumably they won't. Got to have them for European games but doesn't mean they will have to be sat on.

My season ticket is in this section so at least I'll be able to stand up to watch us be terrible this year. Reckon I'll be able to jokingly tell people to sit down maybe 4 times at our first home game before they start to turn on me.

Archived