Safe standing section

I think after 12 years you are the 1st non Falkirk fan to say you like Westfield.

May I ask what it is that gets yer plumbs pumping?

I also am a fan of Westfield as they have done the best the could for the demand of a team of Falkirks size. I also loved Brockville as well and I think they could incorporate the two by having a long Safe standing stand and make a quarter of that the away end and have the "Brockville fence expierence" That would finish the stadium off nicely (unless oviously if they plan to finish off the stadium by filling in the corners like Livi did)

Obviously the current away stand could be giving to the OF if you get promotion.  

I assume a few don't realise but you can now get old school terrace in the topflight and not spend a fortune on safe standing.

I'd actually question why anybody would bother with it given the expense.

As stated earlier the Footballl supporters behavior act 1989 and teh Lord Justice taylor report was only law in England and Wales, the SFA/SFL took it on by themselves. (along with the stupid 10k rule that had been recinded)  

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The away section has the same problems as some of the seats in the corner in the home end on the other side of the main stand.

Listen, I've been in that area for a friendly many moons ago against Sporting Lisbon and it was shocking the view I had due to the pillar. I'm not gonna pretend otherwise. However all I did was for up and moved to what was clearly an empty seat nearby offering a better unrestricted view.

Listening to most people on here you'd think every seat in the away section offered a restricted view when the truth is that it's only a small percentage. Celtic took out the worst viewing ones so tickets are no longer sold for them and there are limited restricted views sold. Having seen some of the really low away supports coming to Celtic Park, it baffles me why fans don't apply common sense like I did and go move to one of these seats that offers an unrestricted views...after all, there are plenty kicking about.

In an idea world we'd replace the roof over the main stand to one that could support the skybox, without the need for these pillars but I guess Celtic don't think it's worth spending £m's for just a handful of visiting fans.

You have to factor in that Fergus forgot to put a decent roof in, when it pishes down everyone at the front gets drookit.

Aberdeen could have a safe standing section in their new stadium.

Celtic are building some.

Dundee, surely converting the Derry into safe standing would make it safer than it currently is.

United, maybe a section of the Eddie Thomson lower could be a dedicated singing section with terracing.

A small 4th stand with some standing at TFS would be good.

A small standing area at the Sainsbury's end of NDP could be viable. 

Hearts have said they're not having any. Section 23 could be safe standing at ER but that is Fucking steep.

Inverness could redevelop the bridge side. Killie don't have the money. 

Motherwell, maybe the ultra section with the viking chant?

Thistle, I have no clue.

Ross County could terrace the jail end. Rangers could find a way to deduct the VAT on rail seating.

Maybe the Fair City Ultras section at McDairmid?

You have to factor in that Fergus forgot to put a decent roof in, when it pishes down everyone at the front gets drookit.

That's the same for most grounds though. Sit at the front and depending on the wind and rain direction and you have a good chance of getting wet.

I've actually been further back in the lower tier of the two tier stand at Fir Park and got wet when it wasn't raining but only misty as the stand roof was collecting the moist air and instead of it rolling down outside into the drains it just dripped heavily through the roof. Also found the catering stalls there a disgrace too. Took far too long to get served.

That's the same for most grounds though. Sit at the front and depending on the wind and rain direction and you have a good chance of getting wet.

I've actually been further back in the lower tier of the two tier stand at Fir Park and got wet when it wasn't raining but only misty as the stand roof was collecting the moist air and instead of it rolling down outside into the drains it just dripped heavily through the roof. Also found the catering stalls there a disgrace too. Took far too long to get served.

Nope, the squinty eyed f**k skimped on the roof.

I've actually been further back in the lower tier of the two tier stand at Fir Park and got wet when it wasn't raining

That'll be the mhanky fuckers above you pissing all over you.

the bottom sections of both the moffat and chadwick stands at rugby park would be perfect for standing areas. we wouldnt even need to bother putting in the convertible seats. just rip out the old seats (or let celtic fans do that) and bolt in terrace barriers, job done 

the bottom sections of both the moffat and chadwick stands at rugby park would be perfect for standing areas. we wouldnt even need to bother putting in the convertible seats. just rip out the old seats (or let celtic fans do that) and bolt in terrace barriers, job done 

and it could be done in such a way that makes the capacity decrease, making the crowds at RP look a little bit better.

I also am a fan of Westfield as they have done the best the could for the demand of a team of Falkirks size. I also loved Brockville as well and I think they could incorporate the two by having a long Safe standing stand and make a quarter of that the away end and have the "Brockville fence expierence" That would finish the stadium off nicely (unless oviously if they plan to finish off the stadium by filling in the corners like Livi did)

Obviously the current away stand could be giving to the OF if you get promotion.

It has always been our intention for 4 stands and 4 pods

post-20879-0-27288100-1467677866_thumb.j

post-20879-0-41766300-1467677985_thumb.j

Obviously Celtic need it to be 'safe standing' with rail seats so they can convert back to all-seater on European nights, but for scenarios like Falkirk potentially building a fourth side or County redoing the Jail End, a normal terrace will probably be cheaper and is obviously far better.

Obviously Celtic need it to be 'safe standing' with rail seats so they can convert back to all-seater on European nights, but for scenarios like Falkirk potentially building a fourth side or County redoing the Jail End, a normal terrace will probably be cheaper and is obviously far better.

I agree a large terrace especially if it was split with a fence, would be tremendous at Westfield. The issue is i understand the club want to put a fair whack of corporate facilities in the East side of the ground.

The issue I'm most dreading about us completing the ground is everyone moving from the South to the East. The South stand is a great place to watch Falkirk and it will be a shame looking at an empty stand.

Our ground will become a scaled down version of Rugby Park once complete unless we suddenly find 3000 or so fans.

Would love safe standing at Somerset

You already have it. It's called terracing. If Ayr were to be promoted they wouldn't have to ruin their ground with a load of seats

Archived