Irvine Meadow XI 2016/17

Kochice

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/08/2016 at 12:57, ex-german exile said:

I wasn't trying anything. I was just wondering if the decision was made due to the unfair adverse publicity of the national press reports. Not every question on here is an attempted wind up.

I don't think the over reaction in the national press reports helped to be honest. Supporters can already have a drink in our Social Club at Meadow Park. In our best interests not to do anything that could affect our Social Club license or negative publicity if there was even a tiny incident or someone who is not a Meadow fan could have attended, caused trouble and could have been long term repercussions or bad publicity for Meadow.

Bad result last night for Meadow and I think in hindsight a mistake leaving Carson,Willet and Vernon out starting line up as first two were our best players on Saturday and I felt Vernon would have scored if started as nearly did with his first touch. I know probably rested with Friday nights game in mind and league season so not injured. Better to see what players may not be good enough now than in league games though against tough opposition like Clydebank, Petershill, Renfrew,Kilsyth etc. Hopefully a couple more quality signings in next few weeks to bolster our squad.

I don't think the over reaction in the national press reports helped to be honest. Supporters can already have a drink in our Social Club at Meadow Park. In our best interests not to do anything that could affect our Social Club license or negative publicity if there was even a tiny incident or someone who is not a Meadow fan could have attended, caused trouble and could have been long term repercussions or bad publicity for Meadow.

Makes sense as it only takes one bampot, but still a shame.

How many vernon get tonight ? Here he's on fire our defence is terrified 

Only played around 10 minutes so didn't get much action.

Was probably a mistake playing more or less our B team, reckon we seriously underestimated Darvel who sat deep and played the counter attacking game perfectly.

Makes tomorrow night utterly meaningless now sadly, will still see our biggest crowd of the season though

2 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Only played around 10 minutes so didn't get much action.

Was probably a mistake playing more or less our B team, reckon we seriously underestimated Darvel who sat deep and played the counter attacking game perfectly.

Makes tomorrow night utterly meaningless now sadly, will still see our biggest crowd of the season though

Why would you under estimate us ? 

• 2 months later...

Meadow drawn away to Darvel in the third round of the Scottish Junior Cup, 19 November, 1:45ko. A difficult draw considering Darvel won the league cup game in August.

its been a reasonably good start to the season for Meadow given all that has taken place, but we're doing OK in the league & playing some good football. 

I see Irvine Meadow currently sit in 4th place in the West Super First Division.

Having read at the end of last season what was happening to your club, you must be pleased with how things are going. Many other West Region fans seemed to think Irvine M were best returning to the ADL and should then try and re-group. But, it looks you are more likely to be in with a chance of promotion back to the Super Premier at the end of this season?

I see Irvine Meadow currently sit in 4th place in the West Super First Division.

Having read at the end of last season what was happening to your club, you must be pleased with how things are going. Many other West Region fans seemed to think Irvine M were best returning to the ADL and should then try and re-group. But, it looks you are more likely to be in with a chance of promotion back to the Super Premier at the end of this season?

Yeah been going in right direction both on and off the pitch with debt hugely reduced already. Great team spirit and clinical finishing for us to pick up three points v Maryhill at the weekend after being 1-0 down and not at our best. Aim is to finish as high up league as possible and away from dreaded four relegation spots, anything else is a bonus. Kilsyth who we play on Saturday again,Shettleston,Peasy and Clydebank will all be challenging near the top plus perhaps Glencairn / Girvan so lot of teams going for 2/3 spots. All could still get relegated if go on a bad run.

We are currently on a good run with players and management all giving everything. Really tough game on Saturday v Kilsyth but quietly confident we can do far better than 3-0 defeat at Duncansfield just a couple of months ago.

Archived