Dundonald Bluebell

victor meldrew

Borris1999,I think your right in a few things you say and all is not quite what it seems. I believe Loyalty has gone...

Well from what I know all interviews happened on Sunday. My wife's, sisters husband happens to know one of the candidates. He was late in due to another interview and from what he had said there were very experienced and qualified applicants with senior experiences, which he felt he would maybe have missed out on the role. 

He was notified about 3 hours after his meeting that their application would not go further and Stevie Kay had been placed in charge, quickly followed by his coaches whom had resigned from duties elsewhere .

Very quick indeed but time would have been of priority due to timings of the new season. 

As I mentioned before Morri going was strange and I do believe there had been some words said between players and management in the past, just seems committee parted very quickly indeed considering the good work. Possibly they felt since contract talks had stalled they maybe thought Morri was not the person to take the club to that next level. Who knows but for me it's strange Stevie was at Camelon for all of 4-6 weeks and suddenly in charge at Dundonald, I am sure I read that was the case but maybe loyalty gone from clubs, committees and coaches.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, swift action was needed as its a crucial part of the season wth preparation needed and new signings etc. Potentially Borris knows more who knows!!!

I just know better people never got the job and finances had nothing to do with it... I would be asking why does a coach commit to another club and suddenly leave after 4-6 weeks. Maybe Stevie has his reasons and that's perfectly fine. 

End of the day only time will tell if it's correct and if players are happy as my sources say they expected someone else to be in charge. 

Thats football and opinions, why we love the game ha 

Manonthespot, no one was questioning the calibre of the applicants for the job, although Blue jean alluded there may have been applicants with better credentials than Stevie (not for me to say as I am unaware of the other applicants).

I was merely pointing out the timeframe in which the deal was done and maybe spark a bit of debate, after all we are on a football forum.

In this country (at the moment at least) we have freedom of speech to voice our opinions, so I suggest you 'get over it' or post on another thread.

would love to know which applicants are seen t be much more worthy candidates than Stevie. Not saying there wasn't but intrigued to know who!! 

Plus, it's the committee of dundonalds decision to decide who they feel best for the job. Could certainly argue that case for every job in world football (that there's always someone more deserving)

It's opinions Victor, I believe there was better qualified and that's my opinion. Agree end of the day it's Dundonald's decision, but find it strange that it was done as quickly as it was considering the circumstances in which some left their previous posts at Rosyth and Stevie only being at Camelon a matter of weeks. 

I have nothing against Stevie Kay or anyone appointed I don't know them. Yes he has managed at other clubs but I would not say set the heather alight but then again I am not the one hiring. So it comes back down to the wonderful world of football and opinions. 

Of course it's opinions. Think people seen Stevies name involved in Camelon and assumed he had committed full time to them, I don't know the ins and outs as nothing to do with me but I think the agreement was he would help out Muz and Dude when required, could be wrong though!! 

Regarding quickness if appointment, pre season started this week at bluebell, they have massive season ahead after Morri and co done a fantastic job of getting them into super league. They will want to establish themselves at that level so obviously as a club were keen to get someone in quick. How long would you really expect them to wait?? Interviews conducted over the weekend and the guys there felt that they've chose the right guy. In terms of setting the heather alight in previous jobs, depends what you mean I suppose. Done a great job at Oakley imo, an even better one in keeping ballingry in the super league given the circumstances and played his part in Kelty winning the super league. He's very highly thought of by people who have been involved with him in football. Time will tell if it was right appointment or not though. 

With regerds to rosyth lads, im guessing that as soon as Stevie was offered the job he would've approached them and they've jumped at the chance. Things happened quickly due to the fact Rosyth were too class with them and wouldn't stand in their way of moving on, hence why that situation escalated the same day. All my opinion btw and not known fact. 

Really don't think there's been any dealings behind anyone's back here at all and people guessing it wrong. 

I don't know those in and outs either Victor, yes it needed to be quick and it was quick to be fair. I think the main problem I see is that for negotiations to breakdown between Manager and club is not the norm in the Juniors. Let's be honest everyone needs to realise it's junior football and surely both parties could not have been on different planets in contract talks. I have heard different things and again some crap and some with substance. 

Regarding Stevie from what I know yes decent shift at Oakley, Ballingry well maybe kept them up in what was a poor league but the whole club was toxic and corrupt certainly in latter years and ended up folding. People there knew stuff and that's the sad part that a local club went that way. 

Kelty yes the money they spent, budgets they had they were almost odds on to win the league the season before last, not sure when Stevie come in to the Kelty setup but I would have expected them to win that. This year same budgets and big spends and end of the day was an average team, dumped out senior Scottish and junior although I heard Stevie had a fall out not sure if true but maybe that's why Kelty were poor this season after he left. 

What I do believe is certain committee members are still sitting in their ivory towers clueless about a lot of things and making decisions which do not particularly benefit the clubs. Ambition brings hard work and many can't be bothered with the extra work and granted many do work hard as volunteers. Dundonald want to be ambitious, so time will tell as I believe in my opinion not all is what it seems behind the scenes. 

To answer your statement about debate or stirring George Washington quoted ‘If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to slaughter’, surely this is the point of a forum to allow supporters to discuss topics that they either agree or disagree on. I have stated previously the committee must be complemented on the swiftness of the new appointment and Blue jean doesn’t seem to fancy the new manager…..it this wrong to have views???

The club have made amazing progress like you state and have to be congratulated for this but that does not mean every supporter has to agree with every decision that is made, I also agree off the field there have been major successes and hope this continues.

As for your statement regarding the Glens, I may be wrong again but have they not just been promoted to the premier league.

Manonthespot

You could not be anymore wrong...

Lets just get 1 thing straight whom you appoint is nothing to do with me nor do I particularly care, what I expressed was an opinion from what I had heard. 

My argument is that in today's junior game for a club and manager to separate due to negotiations is very few and far between. When success has come to a club under a manager and a club clearly working together then suddenly it's new manager time and new appointments because of contract talks is a little silly in my eyes. Surely we are not talking about wads of cash being a breakdown in talks. I am certain Dundonald have rational thinking committee members and Morri was a realist and during those talks to not reach an agreement seems rather bizarre. 

I don't know why you bring Glenrothes into this as unless you have been involved along the way and wanting to get your tuppance worth in. 

Dundonald are a decent team and maybe don't have the finances of other super league teams in the area although I would assume most are in the same boat out with Kelty. To me a manager leaving when a club is on the up and changing the dynamics of the team can be a massive risk due to breakdown of talks. It may not be but who knows only time will tell. We will never know the reason, money, direction, ambition, or something else. 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Boris1999 said:

After 10 games, time has told....

Unfortunatley hindsight is a wonderful thing.

??? 10 games in we're relatively happy with start thanks. Always going to be harder in superleague. Performances have been good and we probably deserve more points than we currently have. Individual errors have cost us in an unforgiven league. Penicuik game and Saturday have been the only poor performances to be honest. Nobody likes going out Scottish early and although Saturday was a disappointment. Going out may be a blessing as we can now focus on league performances. Time will tell.  Superleague is a major step up from premier and our aim is to stay in league and build from there. With the quality we have in the squad a sure we will be fine. Judge us end of season

10 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

??? 10 games in we're relatively happy with start thanks. Always going to be harder in superleague. Performances have been good and we probably deserve more points than we currently have. Individual errors have cost us in an unforgiven league. Penicuik game and Saturday have been the only poor performances to be honest. Nobody likes going out Scottish early and although Saturday was a disappointment. Going out may be a blessing as we can now focus on league performances. Time will tell.  Superleague is a major step up from premier and our aim is to stay in league and build from there. With the quality we have in the squad a sure we will be fine. Judge us end of season

Was just going to write something similar!!!

Obviously don't see bluebell every week but have only heard good things about performances. Certainly not a bad start to the season, and as said, could've been even better. Few good wins in there and I think everyone at club knows where they can improve as a squad too. As previous poster says, huge difference in standard from premier to super league and players seem to have adapted well to it. Results like Saturday will always happen, gutting and frustrating obviously but league consolidation this season is the aim, anything in cups surely a mere bonus. 

Can't see why the above poster actually thinks it's a bad start. I was a huge fan of what Morri and co done at bluebell but does he think they would've been in a lot better position than the club currently is in if they'd still been in charge? Bell will be fine this season if they keep going in the direction they are. 

Morri did tremendous in helping us get up to superleague as wysie did in taking us to and establishing us in premier league. Stevie Kay has a proven superleague track record and he and lee dair will certainly take the club forward In the same way as the other 2 previous managers did.   

29 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Morri did tremendous in helping us get up to superleague as wysie did in taking us to and establishing us in premier league. Stevie Kay has a proven superleague track record and he and lee dair will certainly take the club forward In the same way as the other 2 previous managers did.   

Couldn't agree more! 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived