Dundonald Bluebell

victor meldrew

Stevie Kay announced today as new manager with Lee Richardson and John Steele coming in along with him. Great appointment imo, best guy to get in after the good work Morri and his team have done. All the best Stevie, sure you'll do well. ðŸ‘

Rosyth will be looking for a new manager now (unless of course already someone in mind) with Lee resigning to join Stevie.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad to see our ex player Craig Morrison and his staff leave Dundonald after a fantastic season, Morri can be proud of his efforts.

All the best to Steve Kay from myself and all at Kelty in his new position, a great appointment by Dundonald, they will be getting a person who is committed, a winner and has excellent knowledge of the game.

Be surprised if that were the case as people running Dundonald are very ambitious .Morri continued the great work started by the previous manager and they couldn't have chosen a better man to replace him than Stevie.

No doubting about Stevie Kay my point was that i'm surprised they couldnt agree terms after what they achieved, surely they couldnt have been that far apart in negotiation's.

Stevie probably does have the same ambitions as Morri; it’s just that after a successful season with results going well, promotion to the super league, final of the EOS cup I would have thought the club would have been looking for a bit of continuity. Stevie may well have a different system of play the players have to adapt to; he may not fancy some of the players already there etc. It is not ideal preparation for the biggest season in the clubs history. If it’s not broke don’t fix it. This wasn’t a dig at Stevie Kay, it is only an opinion.

Stevie probably does have the same ambitions as Morri; it’s just that after a successful season with results going well, promotion to the super league, final of the EOS cup I would have thought the club would have been looking for a bit of continuity. Stevie may well have a different system of play the players have to adapt to; he may not fancy some of the players already there etc. It is not ideal preparation for the biggest season in the clubs history. If it’s not broke don’t fix it. This wasn’t a dig at Stevie Kay, it is only an opinion.

It certainly wasnt broke thats why i am surprised that terms were not met, i still think the whole truth has not came out what happened.

It certainly wasnt broke thats why i am surprised that terms were not met, i still think the whole truth has not came out what happened.

I agree, if it's terms and money then surely for the work that's been put in they could not have been a million miles apart.

Ambition, every club should be ambitious along with a manager otherwise what is the point. My surprise is that they choose that route to go and appointing Stevie Kay. I thought he was at Camelon only 6 weeks ago alongside McDowal, maybe there is a reason for him leaving so quickly which I would have thought Camelon would be a bit annoyed about.

I heard there had been higher profile applicants which the players were aware off and seemed in good spirits about a positive conclusion on a replacement manager, to match the clubs so called ambitions.

Possibly Morri had bigger ambitions and it never fitted with Dundonald, we are not likely ever to know but I smell something wrong with the whole situation.

It's not really up to Dundonald or Morri to make public for the reasons behind it, unless of course they'd like to do. Certainly can't see Morri putting his reasons on a forum just for the gossips. He can certainly leave really happy with progress he's made at bluebell though.

In terms of Stevie going in, and it's only my opinion as I haven't really spoke in depth with him about it, but I'm sure he's happy with most of squad he's got there. He's managed a few of them before and tried to sign another few of them at some point before. Add to that the signing of Ricky Patrick yesterday then I'm sure he will be happy. Although probably under no illusions that he will have a tough job on his hands as its new territory for half the squad. A squad that I know Morri and co really wanted to strengthen for the coming season.

The club have to be commended on one of the swiftest appointments in football history. Consider the timeline:

Thursday 30th June 1230 the club announce Morri resigns and invite candidates to apply for the vacant post.

Sunday 3rd July 0820 the club twitter account announce they are delighted to announce the appointment of Stevie Kay as new manager. So a total of 67 hours 50 minutes to get a new manager in place, just shy of 3 days.

A couple of points to ponder, assuming nobody goes for an interview on a Saturday night the interviews would have been concluded late Saturday afternoon giving the club Saturday evening to choose the successful applicant.

Now if you were an applicant going for an interview on Saturday afternoon you would like to have been contacted regarding it the day before so you could prepare for it. So if all the candidates for the post were contacted say Friday evening, then it took the club approximately 30 hours to receive all applicants CV’s sift through them and contact all those to be invited for interview.

Now that’s what you call efficient, or is it a case for Mulder and Scully.

Just a thought.

14 minutes ago, Boris1999 said:

The club have to be commended on one of the swiftest appointments in football history. Consider the timeline:

Thursday 30th June 1230 the club announce Morri resigns and invite candidates to apply for the vacant post.

Sunday 3rd July 0820 the club twitter account announce they are delighted to announce the appointment of Stevie Kay as new manager. So a total of 67 hours 50 minutes to get a new manager in place, just shy of 3 days.

A couple of points to ponder, assuming nobody goes for an interview on a Saturday night the interviews would have been concluded late Saturday afternoon giving the club Saturday evening to choose the successful applicant.

Now if you were an applicant going for an interview on Saturday afternoon you would like to have been contacted regarding it the day before so you could prepare for it. So if all the candidates for the post were contacted say Friday evening, then it took the club approximately 30 hours to receive all applicants CV’s sift through them and contact all those to be invited for interview.

Now that’s what you call efficient, or is it a case for Mulder and Scully.

Just a thought.

Miles off the mark here!!! Stevie never actually met the club til the Sunday for his meeting. I believe there was interviews conducted over the course of the weekend. Dundonald obviously knew the quicker an appointment the better, seeing as it's close to the start of their biggest season. Anyone who actually thinks this has all been arranged/planned before the weekend is just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5. 

Archived