Hangovers

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got quite a bad one just now but I've had much worse so can't complain. The worst thing for me is that I can't sleep when I'm rough no matter how long I've been out. I just have to lie in bed and just play the waiting game.

Since I have gave up the swedgers I've genuinely been not to bad hangover/comedown wise. I went out one Saturday ended up taking far too many and it has put me off them for good. I got in the early hours of Monday morning and I can still remember how bad I felt as I lay in my bed. Add in my mind playing tricks on me due to the sleep deprivation and it's a feeling I never want to experience again.

Them brain zaps are a b*****d!

Has anyone ever had a hangover so bad that the next time you are going a night out that you get 'the fear' before touching a drop?

I get that Everytime I attend a work night out , the thought of among a complete arse of myself infront if collegeues gives me the fear so I always take it easy on work nights , happy enough to go full pelt with my pals

I can't really be bothered with hangovers so I don't go out much now.

Does anyone ever worry that nights out are just shite and that they've wasted their lives putting so much emphasis on them?  I sometimes wonder what my life would be like it I'd never drunk alcohol.

I wonder that all the time Chris, I stopped caring about nights out at around 23/24 because I just couldn't be fucked. Now when I occasionally do go out I find myself very easily pissed off at everyone and longing for my bed. Don't even know when the last time I was in a pub at anywhere near closing time.

One of my worst ever hangovers at work came a few Monday's back, my Mrs was away for weekend and I met a couple guys in town for a few Sunday pints. That went fine and was home for about 6 o clock when I had dinner and then drank a bottle of wine and few beers before bed. Just after I nodded off (passed out) I had to spew up and hurled in the bath. It was the most disgusting thing ever, red wine and duck formed a horrible matted layer on the bath, covering the entire bottoms of it. Went back to bed and managed to clamber in to work but I was so freakishly Ill as I had nothing to soak up the booze in my system. Felt incredibly light headed like everything was a hallucination, had the chronic shakes and horrible fear made worse by my girlfriend texting me saying she doesn't want to be with someone who acts 18 anymore and a few co workers making me actually do work. Felt a bit better after I had lunch mind you but not a day I would like to revisit!

Sunday; That's it I'm never touching a drop of alcohol again.

Tuesday; I'll only ever drink at special events such as weddings etc.

Thursday; I'll have a drink now and then but won't ever drink more than two or three.

Friday; 'Coming out for a few pints?' Aye definitely.

I've had the "fear" a couple of times, almost certainly due to the quantity of vodka & red bull i'd had the night before. A few lines of ching probably didn't help matters either tbh.

I was lying on the settee watching a documentary about Mayans or something, and my heart started racing for no apparent reason and I felt massively paranoid for a good half hour or so. I then spent the rest of the day worrying what the f**k it was all about. Horrible

I get the fear a lot of the time. It gets so bad that I won't look at my phone or on Facebook for fear of being reminded how much a bell end I thought I was. This coupled with the fact that I can't remember anything once I get to a certain level of pished. It's quite scary to be in the pub at 11pm then the next thing you know, you're on the couch still wearing your shoes and jacket.

Half an hour having a sit down shower is the only cure. Washes the vomit away.

Hands down the worst I've ever felt was after Creamfields 2014. Got about 8 hours sleep over three nights and just felt completely sub-human for a whole week afterwards. Everytime I felt like I was about to doze off my brain would jolt itself back awake in the most terrifying way due to serotonin depletion, so I ended up lying curled on the couch trying desperately to stay awake due to being petrified of getting that shock.

Whenever I did manage to drift off I'd be hit with the worst bouts of sleep paralysis I've had. When it started I was able to fight my brain into waking myself up, but eventually it became too strong and I wasn't able, so just had to lie there as various awful things happened around me night after night, including a hooded figure entering the room and trying to wake my sleeping girlfriend who lay beside me; genuinely fucking terrifying.

I never hit it as hard as that ever again, and I doubt I ever will. That was definitely the top of the bell curve moment for me. So aye, when you're feeling a bit rubbish and need to get yourself out of bed and down to the shop for a bottle of irn bru to sort yourself out, think yourself lucky.

Hands down the worst I've ever felt was after Creamfields 2014. Got about 8 hours sleep over three nights and just felt completely sub-human for a whole week afterwards. Everytime I felt like I was about to doze off my brain would jolt itself back awake in the most terrifying way due to serotonin depletion, so I ended up lying curled on the couch trying desperately to stay awake due to being petrified of getting that shock.

Whenever I did manage to drift off I'd be hit with the worst bouts of sleep paralysis I've had. When it started I was able to fight my brain into waking myself up, but eventually it became too strong and I wasn't able, so just had to lie there as various awful things happened around me night after night, including a hooded figure entering the room and trying to wake my sleeping girlfriend who lay beside me; genuinely fucking terrifying.

I never hit it as hard as that ever again, and I doubt I ever will. That was definitely the top of the bell curve moment for me. So aye, when you're feeling a bit rubbish and need to get yourself out of bed and down to the shop for a bottle of irn bru to sort yourself out, think yourself lucky.

Sleep paralysis is fucking horrific

Never had paralysis but I can remember one time heeby jeebying in my bed, and the thought that was in my head was of killing myself (not seriously just the usual "f**k sake death would be better than this hangover" shite) and I heard a voice as clear as a bell saying "just do it". Absolutley shat myself. And another similar time when I closed me eyes and was absolutely sure I could see a real fist flying towards my face. Horrible when your brain betrays you.

That last bit happened to me, but it was a skeleton type face. Utterly shat myself and immediately burst into tears. I'm fucking aff it.

I remember getting the horrors once and imagining an oriental woman shaking her head at me and shaking her finger as if she was constantly telling me off. Dreadful.

I get the fear a lot of the time. It gets so bad that I won't look at my phone or on Facebook for fear of being reminded how much a bell end I thought I was. This coupled with the fact that I can't remember anything once I get to a certain level of pished. It's quite scary to be in the pub at 11pm then the next thing you know, you're on the couch still wearing your shoes and jacket.

Half an hour having a sit down shower is the only cure. Washes the vomit away.

This. I used to need to remind myself that I had done nothing embarrassing or outrageous. I'd then get the fear that I was an over night meme with a clip of my drunkenly stumbling/talking shite/anything.

Paddy's Day from 9am until 3am, with most of the alcohol consumed from the Union meaning the spirits were of the same quality as Tesco Value.

Woke up to the entire flat looking like the aftermath of Stalingrad, my bed being soaked in my own piss, and to top it off my flatmate had brought home a bird who had smeared her own shite all over the bathroom. This induced a 24 hour whitey-spree and a ten minute phone call on the verge of tears to my Mum. Never felt so pathetic before in my life.

Paddy's Day from 9am until 3am, with most of the alcohol consumed from the Union meaning the spirits were of the same quality as Tesco Value.

Woke up to the entire flat looking like the aftermath of Stalingrad, my bed being soaked in my own piss, and to top it off my flatmate had brought home a bird who had smeared her own shite all over the bathroom. This induced a 24 hour whitey-spree and a ten minute phone call on the verge of tears to my Mum. Never felt so pathetic before in my life.

You sound like an Irvine Welsh character.

Archived