Clyde v Partick Thistle Under 20's

Am pretty Barry knew the way it was going to go ,Thistle have a full time development team and thanks to their sugar daddy euro millionare have a good pathway in the Thistle Weir Academy(Which I think is great as Thistle cant get there hands on any of its money apart from getting players and it also promotes grassroots football )

CLYDE on the other hand will have boys who will not be getting paid and not have the best team.....sad thing is U21 teams in the west of scotland league  like Tower Hearts or Rutherglen Glencairn would probably beat them

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

I know the tears are streaming from laughing at how much thistle fans care. Played our u20's and our manager didn't even bother going

So your manager put out an u20 squad in a senior cup competition and then didn't even attend? Leading to yous getting fucked 5-0 by an u20 team?

Barry Ferguson :lol:

Disappointing to be out the league cup yes but finished 3rd behind two full time teams.

Disappointing to be out this cup no. Insulting that u20's were allowed in so why should we play our senior team? Our main focus is the league and not a joke tournament like this. I'm sure Partick will be setting Scottish football on fire again this year.

5 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

From the outside looking in it's a disgraceful result and an absolute humbling, but considering the fact that about 14 or so of tonight's squad have been signed for a matter of weeks (in addition to being 16 or 17 years old) and have likely not played or trained with each other much at all, it's hardly a surprising result. In the main they'll have been up against boys 2-3 years older, who've largely been together for a number of years. As has been said, our two first team regulars playing were at centre back and just returning to match action following injuries, so the pattern of the game being one of unrelenting pressure is hardly surprising.

And folk will take this pish as gospel.

3 minutes ago, Firhill Road said:

So you've been frantically insisting over the last 15 minutes in about 20 different posts. The reality is that Clyde and their loser *** manager were given every opportunity to field a competent enough starting 11 to progress past an actual youth team. They absolutely panted it, and are now out of two cup competitions before the league season has even begun.

Clyde :lol:

Barry said months ago that these games were being treated as friendlies. It's a bad result but you're basically picking 9 boys from the local high school and throwing them into a game against a Thistle side who have been together for a while and have an understanding of each other's game.

Its no secret the club and manager were completely against the reformat. There was no way we would risk the thin first team squad we have injuries when the league season is four days away.

Just now, the_bully_wee said:

Please feel free to highlight the parts which are "pish", if you can. I know it might be a bit of a struggle for someone with such a clear lack of cognitive function.

Or... you could back up your horseshit statement i quoted, with evidence.

But i wont hold my breath.

6 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

Barry said months ago that these games were being treated as friendlies. It's a bad result but you're basically picking 9 boys from the local high school and throwing them into a game against a Thistle side who have been together for a while and have an understanding of each other's game.

Its no secret the club and manager were completely against the reformat. There was no way we would risk the thin first team squad we have injuries when the league season is four days away.

Which local high school did they pick 9 boys from, to play tonight?

2 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Insulting that u20's were allowed in so why should we play our senior team?

Because your club is a rump outfit propping up the arse end of Scottish football, and still renting out a dump in Cumbernauld to play football in: a competent and confident outfit would look to gobble up any kind of prize money at any opportunity, but a loser mentailty permeates through Clyde FC and your *** manager.

Clyde :lol:

Archived