Clyde v Partick Thistle Under 20's

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll be there along with the wife and probably the others we normally go with.  Far from a fan of the set up of the competition though.  That said tomorrow night I will be there out of blind loyalty and hoping to see us win no matter the level of opposition.  

As far as the attendance, I'm not convinced it will much much less than if we were playing a League Two team at the same round.   

Barry Ferguson spoke to the official website ahead of the match and he explained that there would be some changes to the starting line-up:-

"We have a few players with niggles and there's no way that I can risk them ahead of Saturday's league match. We gave them a really tough session on Saturday, which was always part of our pre-season plan ahead of the league starting.

"I have to factor all of that into tonight's team. We have a small squad so it's going to be an opportunity for some of the younger players and some of our new under-20 squad to show what they can do. These are players that I expect to be knocking on the door of the first team in the next 12 to 18 months so it's a good opportunity for them to be involved.

"Robbie (Davidson), Michael (McGinty) and Kyle (Ferguson) have already been on the bench for the Betfred Cup matches and have been waiting on a chance to get onto the pitch.

"The under-20s squad is coming together now and we've just got 12 signed up, with a couple more to follow soon, so they are eligible to play tonight for the first time. As we've previously mentioned, these guys are mainly 16 or 17 but we are going to work with them with a view to stepping up to the first team in a year or two."

Under 20s vs Under 20s it is then.

Heard we are playing all u20s other than Marsh, Smith and Watson... and thistle have lots of trialists for there u20 so they could be no bad... clearly Barry isn't interested in this cup and why should he time to focus on the league 

Thistle have us pinned back pretty much. Saying that, this is a under 20's squad put together in about two weeks with a new coach in charge including a fringe first team striker and Marsh and Smith who are coming back from injury layoffs. 

Pretty certain we'll lose tonight but anyone who looks into the result and take it as some sort of marker needs their heads testing. 

Archived