Longest gap between goals

Cosmic Joe

Sammy Stewart scored two goals for East Fife.

The first on his debut v East Stirlingshire on 27th August 1938 at Bayview on his debut after 4 minutes. The second v the same club, again at Bayview, on 6th April 1960. A gap of 21 years and 223 days.

A Scottish record?  

Sammy Stewart scored two goals for East Fife.

The first on his debut v East Stirlingshire on 27th August 1938 at Bayview on his debut after 4 minutes. The second v the same club, again at Bayview, on 6th April 1960. A gap of 21 years and 223 days.

A Scottish record?

It probably seemed longer in Methil.

Not as long but I think Mark McLaughlin scored for clyde in 2000 and scored in 2016. I'll confidently say 16 years is the Clyde record (if he scored in 00)

Edited by C. Muir

Graeme Elder scored for Queen's Park in a 1-1 draw against Queen of the South in May 1993 and didn't score again until over 5 and a half years later, in a 3-0 win over Montrose in November 1998. I hadn't started watching QP in 1993 but was at the latter game which was a league match played at Lesser Hampden. Compared to the examples quoted so far, he's relatively prolific.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Ally MacLeod scored his last goal as a Third Lanark player versus Dundee in a League Cup tie on 10th August 1963 at Cathkin.

He failed to find the net during his time at Ayr United but scored from a penalty for Queen of the South at St Mirren in a reserve match on 13th April 1992. Thats a gap approaching twenty nine years - but I am sure you will say reserve matches don't count!

Edited by Anfield 1977
spelling error

On 07/03/2020 at 21:23, Anfield 1977 said:

Ally MacLeod scored his last goal as a Third Lanark player versus Dundee in a League Cup tie on 10th August 1963 at Cathkin.

He failed to find the net during his time at Ayr United but scored from a penalty for Queen of the South at St Mirren in a reserve match on 13th April 1992. Thats a gap approaching twenty nine years - but I am sure you will say reserve matches don't count!

He was 61 years old when he scored the penalty !