2 weeks ago

ahemps

It wasn't a "UK wide issue" as you put it. Because EU membership was never really an issue in Scotland. Scotland and England have their own separate economies that occasionally meet in the middle. If England can decide what's best for their own economy, even if it's detrimental to our own. Then they will continue to do so. You don't see the problem there?

Yes it was a UK wide issue 'as I put it'.  EU is as much an issue in Scotland as it is in any other region of the UK.

No I don't see the 'problem' as you have described it. In fact I totally reject your portrait of the UK economy. The Uk economy is a definitive entity and there is no Scottish economy because if Scotland gets independence the 'Scottish' economy is a totally 'other' and 'lesser' entity.

A pity you and all other Gnats  are to dumb to grasp that simple concept.....dumbfucks!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it was a UK wide issue 'as I put it'.  EU is as much an issue in Scotland as it is in any other region of the UK.

No I don't see the 'problem' as you have described it. In fact I totally reject your portrait of the UK economy. The Uk economy is a definitive entity and there is no Scottish economy because if Scotland gets independence the 'Scottish' economy is a totally 'other' and 'lesser' entity.

Based on the voting geographics, clearly remaining within the EU isn't as much of an issue in the other UK states to the degree that it is in Scotland. But you seem to disregard this completely. There is a UK wide economy, but there is also a devolved economy which Scotland is far more heavily reliant on. We're less of an entity now than we were 10 days ago because of a result we had no control over.

A pity you and all other Gnats  are to dumb to grasp that simple concept.....dumbfucks!

Feeling the negative impacts already.  :lol: You don't even see the irony in calling other people "nats". Or "dumbfucks" for that matter.

Yes it was a UK wide issue 'as I put it'. EU is as much an issue in Scotland as it is in any other region of the UK.

A pity you and all other Gnats are to dumb to grasp that simple concept.....dumbfucks!

There have been some real bellends on these forums over the years but you really are head and shoulders above the rest. Stop posting about things you obviously know nothing about.

I think the only c**t here is the one that queefed out that absolute abortion of post I quoted. But by all means, dodge answering questions on it. We'll all try and guess the cryptic meaning behind:

"Only recently has keeping EU membership not been an issue in Scotland. I think it may be easy to find the reasons why that has changed. Conveniently overlooked by SNP supporters."

Let's try with it again. Are you saying EU membership is now "not an issue in Scotland", and that has come about only recently? Further, your bizarre post strongly suggests also that SNP supporters are conveniently overlooking this ostensible shift.

You can hardly blame me for making "uninformed guesses" and "misquotes" when the post to which I originally replied would require three interpreters and an Enigma machine to decode. Of course if you'd actually explain yourself what you meant and how the SNP's shift in policy in 1980 has made its supporters "overlook" anything recently, the mystery would be solved. Instead you seem to want to defer your meaning, and from the look of it that's to cover up your constant derision of EssEnPeee supporters leading you this time to condemn them for ... well, we don't quite know what. Hings.

Still not read the material?

Still not read the material?

Yes. It's entirely about the SNP's policies on the EU as a case study of minority parties (as it wasn't in Scotland then). Now how about you actually answer the question about how "only recently EU member has not been an issue in Scotland", how the SNP's supporters are conveniently ignoring that, and demonstrate proof?

Yes. It's entirely about the SNP's policies on the EU as a case study of minority parties (as it wasn't in Scotland then). Now how about you actually answer the question about how "only recently EU member has not been an issue in Scotland", how the SNP's supporters are conveniently ignoring that, and demonstrate proof?

That will still be a no then. Why lie?

Still dodging the question. It's becoming ever more obvious you really weren't expecting to be challenged on this. Minter.

I am willing to be challenged on it from someone who makes the effort. Instead you accuse me of making claims that weren't made, retort with the childish. eessseenpee or whatever and then claim to have read a paper and surveys that I posted when you clearly haven't. Doing so would provide you with all the evidence you need.

If you think that I am anti-SNP then you really are a thick f**k. They are there to serve a purpose, I just don't accept their policies without question as many of the indy voters have.

On Europe, I happen to think they are wrong and I will need some convincing that Scotland with bi-latetal trade agreements and joining shengen etc. is not the most beneficial outcome for Scotland.

Of course there is no argument on this at the moment as the SNP want to broadbrush the issue into in = good, out = bad.

I am willing to be challenged on it from someone who makes the effort. Instead you accuse me of making claims that weren't made, retort with the childish. eessseenpee or whatever and then claim to have read a paper and surveys that I posted when you clearly haven't. Doing so would provide you with all the evidence you need.

Indeed I have, then I scoured it for any reference to what SNP supporters think (which you've strenuously claimed you meant, when I read your original disaster of a post as accusing the SNP itself of recently changing position on the EU). What evidence do you have that SNP supporters are "conveniently ignoring" any change in the EU issue? Your problem seems to be that you no longer even know what you're arguing, given your original post was an unmitigated clusterfuck that is not helped by trying to hide it behind a six-year-old report on minority parties' stances on the EU.

Indeed I have, then I scoured it for any reference to what SNP supporters think (which you've strenuously claimed you meant, when I read your original disaster of a post as accusing the SNP itself of recently changing position on the EU). What evidence do you have that SNP supporters are "conveniently ignoring" any change in the EU issue? Your problem seems to be that you no longer even know what you're arguing, given your original post was an unmitigated clusterfuck that is not helped by trying to hide it behind a six-year-old report on minority parties' stances on the EU.

Once again you have take to putting words iny mouth. Can you actually read words that are written? I have made no claims that the SNP supporters views are contained within the report.

I am quite happy to claim that not all SNP supporters are thick but that all thick people are SNP supporters (am I doing it right) :rolleyes:

Once again you have take to putting words iny mouth. Can you actually read words that are written? I have made no claims that the SNP supporters views are contained within the report.

I am quite happy to claim that not all SNP supporters are thick but that all thick people are SNP supporters (am I doing it right) :rolleyes:

In the original post I queried? Barely. All English words and yet shackled together in a barely-comprehensible riddle.

I was a mibbe aye, mibbe naw last week but I eventually decided to abstain as I knew it would be the English voters decision whether we were in or out.

As another poster said he was going to vote leave so that he could enjoy the seethe.

If I was going to vote it would probably have been the same for the same reason.

But no matter how anyone in Scotland voted it showed why we have to leave the UK.

In any major decision regarding Scotland or the UK it is English votes/politicians who make the decisions.

No for me, so independence is the only answer.

C'mon Willie , that's just silly. If all Scots had done that, there would be no mandate for indyref2. Although the Scottish vote was futile, it displayed the will of the nation.

edit to insert 'no' before 'mandate'

my keyboard is wonky and it's drving me mad. Using onscreen keyboard, clicking one letter at a time with auto correct that I cant turn off.       fkn :angry:

C'mon Willie , that's just silly. If all Scots had done that, there would be mandate for indyref2. Although the Scottish vote was futile, it displayed the will of the nation.

But that's my point.

The Scottish vote was/is futile but there are Britnats who glorify in that fact.

We have 56 out of 59 MPs in Westminster and almost half the seats in Hoyrood.

How much more do we need for a mandate for Indyref2 and to show the 'will of the nation'.

I joined this forum in July 2014 and I saw in a thread a quote from Maggie Thatcher.

Something along the lines of 'if you want independence then elect MPs'

I still dinnae ken how we're no independent.

I accept that in 2014 the vote was NO to independence but since then the amount of SNP MPs in Westminster and Holyrood would justlfy another indyref.

I'll qualify that by saying I'm no sure if now's the time and now's the hour for a referendum but then again I'm the eternal pessimist.

#Bettertogether my arse.

Archived