Poland v Portugal

Cerberus

Fair play to Portugal. They've been absolutely chronic but they've shit fested they're way to a semi final.

As for Ronaldo I wasn't a big fan of him and much preferred Messi but in the last year or so I've really warmed to Ronaldo. The amount of seethe he causes is fantastic.

Signed CR7 fanboi

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worth remembering that the only reason Portugal even got out of the groups was because of a performance from Ronaldo that only he in this tournament is capable of producing. Against Croatia, his attacking prowess gave Quaresma a chance he could not miss.

Absolute passenger the boy.

What he's the only person able to miss a penalty, hit the wall with a free kick 4 times in one match, where he also missed two clear cut chances while bemoaning the opponent.

Is this always your answer when you talk shite and get called on it?

I think I've genuinely only once said that :huh:

Edited to add. Ronaldo standing by himself rather than with his teammates isn't a case of "look at me, look at me!" ? ;)

OK then, I'll give you that but what in that performance (a draw saving performance) could he do that no one else at the tournament could? Not Bale, not Payet, not Griezmann not Sigurðsson (a centre-half), not Hazard. All those players and pretty much all the ones left not mentioned can do it (hell with Portugal it was Nani against Iceland).

No one can doubt Ronaldo's overall quality and where he stands on the world stage but unless he hits some true form (which he's able to do) he's going to struggle take any of the attacking positions in the team of the tournament.

The amount some folk on here get worked up about Ronaldo is bizarre. Absolutely dying for him to fail, yet he keeps delivering when it really matters.

An absolute gutter for them, without question.

Archived