Duns FC

23 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

:D

Are you saying that travelling hasn't been an issue when an East West Superleague has been topic of conversation on the Juniors forum ? 

HJ and EV got my point. 

You're the one who seemed to think it was comparing the leagues. 

Anyway Junior obsession NA no me,it's difficult to explain junior fitba doon here, most think it's some kind of teenage league. :D

Now al leave my point at that, let's agree to disagree now away and put the kettle on and chill oot. 

Good day sir :)

'doon here'? Rosewell? Near to Bonnyrigg?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[emoji3]

Are you saying that travelling hasn't been an issue when an East West Superleague has been topic of conversation on the Juniors forum ? 

HJ and EV got my point. 

You're the one who seemed to think it was comparing the leagues. 

Anyway Junior obsession NA no me,it's difficult to explain junior fitba doon here, most think it's some kind of teenage league. [emoji3]

Now al leave my point at that, let's agree to disagree now away and put the kettle on and chill oot. 

Good day sir [emoji4]

Of course travelling is a factor in a combined Superleague hence why it's a non starter.

But you used it to compare to the Border Ams which does not have the same amount of travelling that a combined Superleague would have, not by a long stretch, and is in fact probably less than the current East Superleague. Correct?

Now run along and stop obsessing.

This type of talk really annoys me. Tyne 1874 you know you were treated well at Coldstream. Yet you come on here lambasting the man who replaced you. But also accusing the club of having only the attraction of money to attract players. It is no secret that Coldstream pay some players. I have been at the club since 1972 and they were doing it then. Most players enjoy the club for what it is not the money. You had your chance..

8 minutes ago, Wulliewus said:

This type of talk really annoys me. Tyne 1874 you know you were treated well at Coldstream. Yet you come on here lambasting the man who replaced you. But also accusing the club of having only the attraction of money to attract players. It is no secret that Coldstream pay some players. I have been at the club since 1972 and they were doing it then. Most players enjoy the club for what it is not the money. You had your chance..

I never once bad mouthed the club, more so what was on offer. I felt that I was disrespected over hearing such chat as mentioned. The blank cheque with said players name on it. Him training with the club wasn't an issue. Him leaving his boots and gloves where the keeper jersey is put out on a Saturday or whether someone placed them there but I'd like to think the first statement was true.

Him playing a friendly for the club whilst still signed at Berwick and playing ahead of me I thought was wrong. Again I was there start of season, left due to work. Stopped working and came back again as club needed a keeper.

I was happy to be given the chance by Coldstream and respected everyone at the club from Grant down to the kitchen staff.

19 minutes ago, tynie1874 said:

I never once bad mouthed the club, more so what was on offer. I felt that I was disrespected over hearing such chat as mentioned. The blank cheque with said players name on it. Him training with the club wasn't an issue. Him leaving his boots and gloves where the keeper jersey is put out on a Saturday or whether someone placed them there but I'd like to think the first statement was true.

Him playing a friendly for the club whilst still signed at Berwick and playing ahead of me I thought was wrong. Again I was there start of season, left due to work. Stopped working and came back again as club needed a keeper.

I was happy to be given the chance by Coldstream and respected everyone at the club from Grant down to the kitchen staff.

Jeezo if you had any feelings for any of the club's you've been at you should've brought them up personally at the club's. Whether true or not there's no need to come on a public forum and wash yer dirty linen bud.

If I recall you were the same at Kelso or some other team when you lost your place. 

Yer showing yersel up bud. 

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Jeezo if you had any feelings for any of the club's you've been at you should've brought them up personally at the club's. Whether true or not there's no need to come on a public forum and wash yer dirty linen bud.

If I recall you were the same at Kelso or some other team when you lost your place. 

Yer showing yersel up bud. 

Unbelievable Broony, he doesn't have a clue how to conduct himself

On 02/07/2016 at 09:34, rosetta said:

Gutted for Colin and the hard working committee at NHP. They have worked tirelessly to create a great wee set up down there.

Hopefully be back next season, if there's an EOS league then.

i'm not. he should be embarrassed. not enough pride to settle for a squad that might not acheive much but throws pride out of a window to beg his manager to stay. theyve built a great set up yes but its laughable that they aint gonna go with what they can get. and dont tell me there isnt enough players. they could get a squad of 30 shit players from other leagues together who may not have much talent but would jump at the chance to play at that level. its a simple lack of effort and too much pride. if i was east of scotland id ban them for life. it goes against the point of football. someone has to be shit. the duns chairmen decided it wasnt allowed to be them.

Lambasting the man is a bit severe is it not I know Tynie doesn't do himself any favours on here but he hardly lambasted the guy,touchy for some reason?I'm glad you just proved that it wasn't bullshit that I posted the other night as you say you've been at the club since 1972 so you'll know about paying players down there.I can't really believe players are still getting paid to play in EOS football cause to be fair it's not anywhere near the level good enough to get paid for. although I'm pretty sure my team Hawick done the same last year.One bug bear ive had for many years is all the border teams from last season Coldstream,Duns,Eyemouth and Hawick all seem to have strong thriving amateur set ups but if you were to go through all these teams squads last season you'd be lucky to find a couple of local players??The difference in the standards down in the borders now is minimal if anything at all when compared to the better amateur teams so why don't these clubs nurture some young local players instead of paying out money for very short term fixes as looking at all the border teams finishing positions last season you're not telling me it's money well spent?I suppose if it's a choice between folding your team or paying cash to
players then if you have the cash then you're going to pay it to get a team on the park.

7 hours ago, THE GOBLIN OF LOS PALACIOS said:

Lambasting the man is a bit severe is it not I know Tynie doesn't do himself any favours on here but he hardly lambasted the guy,touchy for some reason?I'm glad you just proved that it wasn't bullshit that I posted the other night as you say you've been at the club since 1972 so you'll know about paying players down there.I can't really believe players are still getting paid to play in EOS football cause to be fair it's not anywhere near the level good enough to get paid for. although I'm pretty sure my team Hawick done the same last year.One bug bear ive had for many years is all the border teams from last season Coldstream,Duns,Eyemouth and Hawick all seem to have strong thriving amateur set ups but if you were to go through all these teams squads last season you'd be lucky to find a couple of local players??The difference in the standards down in the borders now is minimal if anything at all when compared to the better amateur teams so why don't these clubs nurture some young local players instead of paying out money for very short term fixes as looking at all the border teams finishing positions last season you're not telling me it's money well spent?I suppose if it's a choice between folding your team or paying cash to
players then if you have the cash then you're going to pay it to get a team on the park.

I take it you didn't see the post that was either taken off by him or P&B, lambasting was to put it mild, it was slander. Don't bury your head in the sand, behind the scenes amateur clubs have rewarding players monetary or otherwise. We don't hide behind being in the EOS as being a reason not to remunerate players.  Coldstream with a population of 2000 people just want to survive at the highest level available, we have been there since 1895!!, what's Hawick's excuse with a population of 20.000 + and a team from Edinburgh. I agree about local amateur teams I will take you to any Border town and they will have  thriving amateur teams, but few of their talented wish to take the step to a higher level. No matter what you say a poor EOS is a better standard than Border Amateur??

Gotta say as an outsider now but having had two stints at Coldstream they are a bloody decent club who have always looked after there players...hardworking committee and top lads to boot....why have a go at them because you lost your place....fight for it....jesus I got sacked and it made me twice the manager I was and they gave me the chance to step up....if they pay so what ....its tough in the borders for every team so it survival of the fittest and if there doing good things so be it....

Duns have a superb facility aswell and lets hope they get back where they belong....

Gibbo

21 hours ago, THE GOBLIN OF LOS PALACIOS said:

I never spoke badly of the club, more so an individual and how I feel he went about his way of coming back. I felt pissed off he came in for a friendly and played ahead of me whilst he was signed elsewhere. And how his gloves and boots mysteriously appeared where the keeper jersey is put out on game day.

Iv said he's the better keeper and there are alot of better keepers than me at that. Happy to lose any place in a team to him, just not happy the way things where done bearing in mind I was asked to go back and play this season but personal circumstances stopped that.

No I never seen that post so I apologise but it doesn't really surprise me with Tynie you do yourself no favours mate!Are you really trying to tell me players get paid for playing Border Amateur?I get your point about players not wanting to play at the highest level it's the same all over but is there the temptation anymore cause a lot of the time the step up in opposition isn't really that big and in some cases these lads are probably playing in teams not far off the same standard,I was down at Hawick United v The Albert the other week it ended 5-3 to the Albert but Hawick United were as good if not better than all the border EOS teams I saw last year,the quality just isn't there anymore so why would lads want all the extra travelling etc involved to in most cases finish well down the league and get beat most weeks.To the heedthebaw trust me pal born and bred in Hawick watched Border fitba for many many a year had a couple of good pals at Coldstream last season and a few more in years gone by never had such connections with Duns Eyemouth etc so I'm not having any sly digs at your club just that I have had a little insight to things down your way through said pals.Youre a good un maybe a wee bit exciteable on here but a good un!!

On 16 July 2016 at 08:47, THE GOBLIN OF LOS PALACIOS said:

No I never seen that post so I apologise but it doesn't really surprise me with Tynie you do yourself no favours mate!Are you really trying to tell me players get paid for playing Border Amateur?I get your point about players not wanting to play at the highest level it's the same all over but is there the temptation anymore cause a lot of the time the step up in opposition isn't really that big and in some cases these lads are probably playing in teams not far off the same standard,I was down at Hawick United v The Albert the other week it ended 5-3 to the Albert but Hawick United were as good if not better than all the border EOS teams I saw last year,the quality just isn't there anymore so why would lads want all the extra travelling etc involved to in most cases finish well down the league and get beat most weeks.To the heedthebaw trust me pal born and bred in Hawick watched Border fitba for many many a year had a couple of good pals at Coldstream last season and a few more in years gone by never had such connections with Duns Eyemouth etc so I'm not having any sly digs at your club just that I have had a little insight to things down your way through said pals.Youre a good un maybe a wee bit exciteable on here but a good un!!

Hawick amateurs wouldn't take a point off the Albert over a season.

• 2 weeks later...

At one time players put playing on a Saturday first but times have changed and they go on holiday a couple of times during the season when it used to be only in the summer. Stag do's are no longer just a Saturday night but are a whole weekend and in some cases have been a whole week. There can be half a team missing due to stag do's and almost every week there is someone away on one. There are players who can't play because they're having a day out at the races or at Old Trafford or Christmas shopping with their girlfriend but I expect Duns will be no different to other clubs in that respect. As I understand it, it wasn't a case of Duns withdrawing due to the prospect being embarrassed about finishing bottom again as mentioned by bonjela, they actually did not have enough players. Even the players of their reserve side deserted them after being relegated it seems.

Archived