Duns FC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Ok. Peebles Amateurs promoted instead?

Or 10-9-10?

A:10

Chirnside Utd - Gordon - Greenlaw - Hawick Waverley - Jed Legion - Langholm Legion - Stow - Tweeddale Rovers - Tweedmouth Ams - West Barns Star

B: 10

Biggar Utd - Coldstream Ams - Earlston Rhymers - Gala Hotspur - Hawick Legion - Hawick Utd - Leithen Rovers - Linton Hotspur - Newtown - Peebles Ams

C: 11

Ancrum - Berwick Rangers Colts (new) - CFC Bowholm - Duns - Hawick Legion Rovers - Kelso Ams (new) - Kelso Thistle - Lauder - Melrose - Selkirk Victoria - St.Boswells

Eyemouth Ams withdrew

Thanks, aye so Peebles Amateurs were promoted having finished 3rd instead of Duns being reprieved having finished 2nd bottom. Some drop for whatever Duns players have stuck around - EOSL to BAL 'C'.

So in the season just ended Kelso United folded - and in the season about to begin a new Kelso Amateurs is starting?

Coupled with the new Berwick Rangers Amateurs side there are now as many teams as before operating between Berwick and Kelso, despite Kelso United and Duns folding!! One fewer if you go up the coast and include Eyemouth Amateur's demise.

6 hours ago, THE GOBLIN OF LOS PALACIOS said:

and I hear Coldstream were struggling to get a team together but have now had to go down the paying players road to get a side together and avoid the same fate as Duns

Coldstream haven't done anything different to previous years, so all of this is bullshit, so you've heard wrong

1 hour ago, THE GOBLIN OF LOS PALACIOS said:

Sorry mate didn't mean to upset anyone just going on what my workie mate told me as he played there last season and has been asked back this year as well as far as I know it's not bullshit.

Nae one is upset and your workie mate is speaking bollox. As I said, Coldstream are doing nothing different to previous years. 

On 10/07/2016 at 15:25, heedthebaa said:

Coldstream haven't done anything different to previous years, so all of this is bullshit, so you've heard wrong

Dunno about that. What would u rather do after playing for Berwick? Lowland or Eosfl? Money involved? Most probably.

On 10/07/2016 at 13:59, Eye Valley said:

A:10

Chirnside Utd - Gordon - Greenlaw - Hawick Waverley - Jed Legion - Langholm Legion - Stow - Tweeddale Rovers - Tweedmouth Ams - West Barns Star

B: 10

Biggar Utd - Coldstream Ams - Earlston Rhymers - Gala Hotspur - Hawick Legion - Hawick Utd - Leithen Rovers - Linton Hotspur - Newtown - Peebles Ams

C: 11

Ancrum - Berwick Rangers Colts (new) - CFC Bowholm - Duns - Hawick Legion Rovers - Kelso Ams (new) - Kelso Thistle - Lauder - Melrose - Selkirk Victoria - St.Boswells

Eyemouth Ams withdrew

Interesting West Barnes travel to Langholm and Biggar travel to Coldstream or vice versa. Fair bit mileage there.

Do these guys just get on with it at amateur level ?

yet the Juniors whinge aboot any possible merger of an East/West Superleague. 

And even certain teams within the Lowland boundaries canny compete  ? 

Over the years the boundaries of the Border Amateurs have considerably "stretched". As you observe, there are now Biggar and Linton, Langholm and Bowholm, Tweedmouth, West Barns. Until recently there was Heart of Liddesdale in Newcastleton as well. If you're in Berwickshire, it also takes longer to get to Innerleithen and Peebles than it does to Edinburgh.

Probably the average travelling in the BAL is more than you'd think in comparison with EOS; then again say the BAL 'C' division next season is mostly within a brief drive of Newtown.

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

yet the Juniors whinge aboot any possible merger of an East/West Superleague. 

I don't think anyone whinges about it, people rightly point out that there is absolutely no benefit to it and a three region system is the perfect balance, that's why it's a non starter, and to be fair it's a different world from pub fitba.

4 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I don't think anyone whinges about it, people rightly point out that there is absolutely no benefit to it and a three region system is the perfect balance, that's why it's a non starter, and to be fair it's a different world from pub fitba.

Ask Harestanes or Colville park who the pub team is ? 

Bet there's some non league sides oot there who'd just love to be in their position (last season or this) :P

Anyways sad to see Duns pull out, they gave us a hard game last season and have a fantastic set up. I hope it's not long before they're back.

18 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Basically yes, you see a fair few teams looking for sponsorship - even something like paying for all travel for one away match is something the BA teams on Twitter do regularly.

Running an Am team will cost well over 4 figures each season, but what from I see on the BA Twitter feed, there is very little complaining. There are midweek travelling issues for teams travelling who are way behind, but it usually works out fine..

Ask Harestanes or Colville park who the pub team is ? 

Bet there's some non league sides oot there who'd just love to be in their position (last season or this) [emoji14]

Anyways sad to see Duns pull out, they gave us a hard game last season and have a fantastic set up. I hope it's not long before they're back.

I was referring to Border Ams.........comparing that league to Junior Superleague is a bit silly.

10 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I was referring to Border Ams.........comparing that league to Junior Superleague is a bit silly.

No its no silly. 

I was referring to the Border Ams length of  travelling to which HJ made some valid points as has Eye Valley. 

They travel fair distances for games, something which if ye read the Junior forums is one of the stumbling blocks for a merger of East and West. 

I even included the LL as well. 

Tell me where it's silly. 

12 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

No its no silly. 

I was referring to the Border Ams length of  travelling to which HJ made some valid points as has Eye Valley. 

They travel fair distances for games, something which if ye read the Junior forums is one of the stumbling blocks for a merger of East and West. 

I even included the LL as well. 

Tell me where it's silly. 

Because amateur public park fitba is a whole different world to semi-professional football. I'm sure you know that being a WW fan.  Therefore using it as an example to say "see, if they can travel long distances then why can't XXXXX Juniors", is a bit silly.

I'd also perhaps say that the distances involved in the current West and East top two divisions are already longer over a season (or just as long) than Border Ams anyway, and a combined East/West Superleague would undoubtedly be, so I'm not sure what the point is.

29 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Because amateur public park fitba is a whole different world to semi-professional football. I'm sure you know that being a WW fan.  Therefore using it as an example to say "see, if they can travel long distances then why can't XXXXX Juniors", is a bit silly.

I'd also perhaps say that the distances involved in the current West and East top two divisions are already longer over a season (or just as long) than Border Ams anyway, and a combined East/West Superleague would undoubtedly be, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Naebody s comparing public park fitba to semi professional fitba though.

I don't need to justify my point,I even mentioned the LL travelling, take yer junior blinkers off for once,the various threads on there DON'T want to travel. 

These public park fitba players do it for the love of the game unlike the paid players of the super leagues or LL.

6 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Naebody s comparing public park fitba to semi professional fitba though.

I don't need to justify my point,I even mentioned the LL travelling, take yer junior blinkers off for once,the various threads on there DON'T want to travel. 

These public park fitba players do it for the love of the game unlike the paid players of the super leagues or LL.

You made the comparison not me!    "Do these guys just get on with it at amateur level ? yet the Juniors whinge aboot any possible merger of an East/West Superleague."  I'm not asking you to justify your point, I don't even know what it is given the fact that both Superleagues travel just as far, if not more so, that the Borders Ams!

Junior blinkers? you're obsessed lol.

37 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You made the comparison not me!    "Do these guys just get on with it at amateur level ? yet the Juniors whinge aboot any possible merger of an East/West Superleague."  I'm not asking you to justify your point, I don't even know what it is given the fact that both Superleagues travel just as far, if not more so, that the Borders Ams!

Junior blinkers? you're obsessed lol.

:D

Are you saying that travelling hasn't been an issue when an East West Superleague has been topic of conversation on the Juniors forum ? 

HJ and EV got my point. 

You're the one who seemed to think it was comparing the leagues. 

Anyway Junior obsession NA no me,it's difficult to explain junior fitba doon here, most think it's some kind of teenage league. :D

Now al leave my point at that, let's agree to disagree now away and put the kettle on and chill oot. 

Good day sir :)

Archived