Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Why doesn't he just go to a team in a lower division as he clearly can't get in to the starting 11 at rob Roy so might at somewhere like glencairn, shotts, wishaw, Cumbernauld ?

Probably wants to go back play in a local set up where he knows those involved from his black watch days away from the juniors .

Ironically we are short up front but can't just go out and buy a striker who will do us a turn in the premier those cost good money and no point signing a player just for the sake of it who isn't up to it that's pointless.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tail of last season unfortunately (in my humble opinion) shows that a good few of the players lacked the quality/motivation or consistency to see out a full hard going junior season. The start shows we do have the potential though. If maxi can get rid of the guys he feels dont just make the grade and bring in a few that do u think we could perhaps lift some silverware next season!

If willie gets fitter and watt turns more of the chances that fall his way we have potentially one of the best strike forces in the league their is goals in these boys but definately need a striker with a bit of quality to create competition

If Rob Roy wanted to keep the boy but the player was forcing the move, then Rob Roy would be right to demand a fee. That being said, he didn't play and wasn't wanted at the club. I can only think, that like many ex players from CBW that have went junior, he has an emotional attachment to the club and perhaps wants to help them "bring back the glory days". The boy should be commended in my opinion. No doubt he will play junior again. Would like to have seen Rob Roy help out a local side and perhaps affiliate themselves with the new CBW, not demand a £500 fee. Not played enough games to merit that fee imo.

You have not read what the situation is.
Is Stevie Aitken does well with them Rob Roy will have him back and give the fee back to the team he was went to.
A sensible compromise. The club would get stick off supporters if we had a player under contract and just let him go for nothing given our current financial situation. This is the real world not the ideal world we would all like to live in.

Incidentally from the website the friendly match with rutherglen tomorrow is off. Not sure why .

The point still stands.
The committee have an obligation to the members and supporters to do what's best for the club.
We don't live in a ideal world it's dog eat dog. Under contract the rabs have every right to ask for a nominal fee.
The club have went all this time without an affiliation as you put it with any team like black watch we have our own under 21 team and amateur team for that.
The lad in question according to stats from website started 26 games, came on as sub 35 times, scored 8 goals and will have gained a lot playing for the Roy in that time a fee of 500 is suitable other junior clubs were in for him but the rabs by all accounts played ball and made it easy for him to join his ex club.

I speak as a supporter of RR and local football for many years and that is all and wish the new black watch team all the best.

49 minutes ago, rednblack said:

The point still stands.
The committee have an obligation to the members and supporters to do what's best for the club.
We don't live in a ideal world it's dog eat dog. Under contract the rabs have every right to ask for a nominal fee.
The club have went all this time without an affiliation as you put it with any team like black watch we have our own under 21 team and amateur team for that.
The lad in question according to stats from website started 26 games, came on as sub 35 times, scored 8 goals and will have gained a lot playing for the Roy in that time a fee of 500 is suitable other junior clubs were in for him but the rabs by all accounts played ball and made it easy for him to join his ex club.

I speak as a supporter of RR and local football for many years and that is all and wish the new black watch team all the best.

So what type of contract was the boy on that would result in an amateur team having to pay a junior club a fee?? If as you say the "fee" gets returned when he returns to KRR then whats the point of the "fee" in the first place?? Are you suggesting that the finances of his new amateur club are in a better state than your own clubs??? 

Could be for all i know.
Many amateur teams have 'money men '.
Far as i am lead to believe he may not return . He may play well enjoy it and opt to stay with the amateurs if so the fee will be kept by us .
If he plays well scores goals in the amateurs and it suits everyone for him to return to the rob roy then the fee would be returned to the amateur club.

If i have picked it up wrong then no doubt someone associated with the rob roy will correct me.

Cumbernauld had injury problems and players unavailable going by team line i noticed online.
We fielded a strong team by looks of it possibly only one or two missing from our 1st team??

New signings looked decent and an improvement fraser played well you could see he will need games to get fully fit but took his goals well.
Centre back green looked decent his distribution looked good for a cb.
Rb looked good liked the look of him.

All in all can't read to much into the game very early days but good to get a win.

As ever mon the famous rabs !!

Terrible way he (duff) gets targeted.
You expect it in junior football club not the way this player gets it.
Always plays his game never dives or moans maybe needs to moan a bit more get a bit more aggressive and nasty has all the ability in the world.

Natural fot teams to target the danger players buy does make you fear for injuries....going back a bit i remeber the roy having a young fast winger called grant anderson who was targeted every single week. Almost had bad injuries every week.

He has the pace to outrun most defenders he faces and that's the only way for them to stop him. As already been said teams target the danger man and will do their hardest to keep him quiet

This could be a right good season new signings look good front boys scoring goals boys at back looking pretty organised the bad weather ruined last season with all the call off's it wasn't the same after that lets sustain it this season try for top 4 at least it's doable

This could be a right good season new signings look good front boys scoring goals boys at back looking pretty organised the bad weather ruined last season with all the call off's it wasn't the same after that lets sustain it this season try for top 4 at least it's doable

Very up and down aren't you.

Let's not get carried away! Plug!

Long hard season ahead for us we have proved in several games last season we are a good team just need to be more consistent.

We have only lost once in seventeen games against Kilsyth in recent years with ten wins-six draws-one defeat - taken from club website archives dating back 12 years.
Obviously hoping to keep that record going on saturday.

Archived