Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

28 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

His favoured position is usually in front of the refs face, talking himself into a yellow card.

Lol! 

KRR will be not bad going forward next year, watt and sawyers, duff, mackie, and now fraser - in terms of best position I would have him off the strikers, very creative and if maxwell gets him playing will be effective. 

Main concern for rob roy got to be the defence, was speaking to a KRR fan who advised lost 3 of back 4 from last year. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His favoured position is usually in front of the refs face, talking himself into a yellow card.

Hey Stu.

Did you not say a few months back you would love Fraser and another chap from queens park but doubted it as many top junior teams would be after them.

RR could probably do with someone like him someone with a voice on the park long as its kept in check by management.

Juniorfootball we have kept a top young keeper in brown kept the reliable and decent McKenzie replaced an ageing Finnigan with scott walker kept barr and brought in two decent centre backs in Kevin Green and Craig Buchanan.

Carter was injured and could probably have done with a change which he got.
Boyle for me good qualities but not irreplaceable. So I don't see the defence being any weaker maybe even stronger time will tell.

I would agree going forward should be decent watt a fit and only if fit sawyers, possibly another striker option in duff boy gallacher more than Mackie for me a danger going forward, fraser and one or two young more unknown guys who also have talent could step up to the plate.

Mcmenamin sinclair in middle of park could be decent take weight of young boy whelan who is a decent player but needs time to develop into a good junior player which i think he will be.

Don't know much about Buchanan or Green. Both have played with decent clubs at a decent level so obviously the management think they can do a good job in the centre back roles.

Not a massive fan of Barr. Gives his all, dangerous from a set piece but can get caught out and is to rash for me at times.

Hopefully get a striker announced soon preferably a striker with a decent record of playing in the premier may not happen though if budget won't allow it .

Don't think they will get another defender already got barr, green and buchanan , striker needed i would say 

Definitely need a striker but also a no nonsense defender who can put himself about win headers and just clear his lines straight forward defending

haddington 0 V rob roy 2

W Sawyers and C Duff with the goals

Source twitter

Did any of new players feature? Fraser?

The bench two names i don't recognise Crichton and McCall?? Unless host twitter got the subs wrong.

As ever mon the famous rabs!!

19 hours ago, plug mac said:

Definitely need a striker but also a no nonsense defender who can put himself about win headers and just clear his lines straight forward defending

Think everybody's looking for a no nonsense centre half although I think pro youth football might have brought about the death of them. 

Think everybody's looking for a no nonsense centre half although I think pro youth football might have brought about the death of them. 

Very true mate remember the days when if u came up against a big defender you shat yourself not anymore sadly minimal contact amd your off joke the Roy still need one tho and a striker play as we did toward end of season then relegation is inevitable

Think everyone knows the situation. The end of season results wise was poor but many of those games we drew ie petershill home. Arthurlie home. Beith home, Kilbirnie home, we took the lead in every game then just fell away without particularly playing much worse than the opposition , Hurlford home played the better football from what i saw but lost from a set piece.
We have the ability to do well just a matter of getting on another good run and keeping it going for longer easier said than done.

If i was to choose between a new centre back and striker i would go for a striker.

Going by the first two results of pre season I think we've shown we certainly can score goals. 4-1 against a lowland league side is decent.

I would like to see another def and attacker in incase of injury this season though

Sterner opposition to come i feel in camelon and petershill.

Hopefully get two positive results to take into the sectional ties.

On the stadium in an ideal world
Would love to playing at the highest level we can in first season that would be good but not essential playing back in kirky is most important thing and growing from that.

Copied from club twitter seems a good idea every little help and all that .

http://m.easyfundraising.org.uk/cause/kirkintillochrobroyfc/

The fundraising idea is great but the club needs fans and businesses to support it. Season tickets , player sponsorship etc. You go to some of the other teams in the league and see their twitter feeds , local companies all pitching in together. I know it is difficuilt with the pitch situation but everyone should be pulling the same way till they get back to kirky

Yes hopefully people do get behind the club in support and financially if possible once the season starts.

Decent friendly win i see won 5-0 against camelon

Next friendly should be a good game for a friendly Petershill away on Saturday.

Has shaun fraser played any minutes yet out of interest?

As ever Mon the famous rabs !!

I think with the new ground opening in the town it'll be a great advert for local businesses to sponsor the team once again and I think they will.

The fundraising is a brilliant idea and I personally would like to see a lot more of it done!

With the game tonight it was a brilliant result albeit a friendly. Sawyers and Watt both getting goals was good and again another result like that proves we can score goals and also defend well

Archived