Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

8 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Fully acknowkledge that rob Roy had a few players missing today and that their manager was listed as a sub , however our Assistant manager in Steve Convery and a 17 year old on a dual contract were also listed as a sub too for us to make up the numbers and we also had a few injuries to key players in the case of kenny McLean , Nicholas docherty & Jamie Wilson with Mark mglaughlin also going off injured and playing the last 15 minutes with only ten men . 

I was very disappointed In rob Roy today and they seemed to be very happy playing for a point from the outset , maybe it's quite flattering to us as a club to see a team who have the title firmly in their own hands showing us that respect but why oh why didn't rob Roy have more of a go today ? 

The title as said was in their own hands and it just seemed so negative from them today with timewasting from the off and right through the game , it's not an excuse for Beith not winning as we never took our numerous chances which has typified our season but from a rob Roy point of view I thought they would have came out all guns blazing today for the three points, I think their fans were a bit short changed  today and even with 10 v 11 they still seemed reluctant to go for the three points, I just found it bizzare despite like ourselves being under strength .

Look mate today we were missing six , we were struggling with a couple of others . We were favorites for the drop and are trying to stick in this championship race against a very good beith side especially at bellsdale. If our manager wants to try keep it tight or go all out or go for it more thats up to him he shouldn't get stick for anything. You are the scottish cup holders  and have a very good side of course we gave you respect.

As for time wasting i don't recall much of that from us today can't even recall any of our players getting booked for it.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, rednblack said:

Look mate today we were missing six , we were struggling with a couple of others . We were favorites for the drop and are trying to stick in this championship race against a very good beith side especially at bellsdale. If our manager wants to try keep it tight or go all out or go for it more thats up to him he shouldn't get stick for anything. You are the scottish cup holders  and have a very good side of course we gave you respect.

As for time wasting i don't recall much of that from us today can't even recall any of our players getting booked for it.

I'm only giving an honest opinion what I saw today and I like KRR , we won it in 2009/2010 as the underdogs and believe me I like the underdogs, however I would rather go for it with a bang regardless of injuries / suspensions , as said we had a few out ourselves today but I just expected rob Roy to be going for the jugular today , maybe it's a backhanded compliment to ourselves but I just think have a right go as glenafton beating arthurlie today gives them a good advantage now . 

I just feel that there was maybe a lack of belief with Roy that they deserve to win majors which is silly for me as they are a similar club to ourselves in that they're not expected to be winning the big hand out most seasons , even at half time lots of your fans were saying how relieved they were to still be in the game and a draw would be great .

i felt like saying the league is in your own clubs hands have a right good blast at it today , I'm genuinely surprised that rob Roy never . 

6 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

I'm only giving an honest opinion what I saw today and I like KRR , we won it in 2009/2010 as the underdogs and believe me I like the underdogs, however I would rather go for it with a bang regardless of injuries / suspensions , as said we had a few ourselves today but I just expects rob Roy to be going for the jugular today , maybe it's a backhanded compliment to ourselves but I just think have a right go as glenafton beating arthurlie today gives them a good advantage now . 

I just feel that there's maybe a was lack of belief at rob Roy that they deserve to win majors which is silly for me as they are a similar club to ourselves in that they're not expected to be winning the big hand out most seasons , even at half time lots of your fans were saying how relieved they were to still be in the game and a draw would be great .

i felt like saying the league is in your own clubs hands have a right good blast at it today , I'm genuinely surprised that rob Roy never . 

Point is we had to take something from todays game to give us the chance to go for it in our final two games. I realise you will be frustrated but we weren't there today to open up and make it a better game to watch for everyone we did what we had to do to make sure we have something to play for in the final two games.

You may have noticed we stuck three up front towards the end our two subs came on and played up top yous also went for it playing 3 at the back.

Glens have an advantage but its still all to play for.

For a team that was already consigned to relegation it has been a remarkable season and we will have a say who wins it in the end if not us cmon the roy

We may not win the league but we have had a heck of a run at it top for near the full season hanging in till the end. Bit disappointing our sticky spell has arrived in April May but what is encouraging is we have kept battling and haven't capitulated after good starts in previous seasons.

Shame this season has to end really.

Good core of the squad signed by the look of things with a few others having agreed. Will watch with interest over the coming days to see who else commits. The management team are building something special at the roy. Delighted Fraser, Boyle and Sawyers staying especially. 

Good number of the current squad signing up for next season which is good news . Hopefully add a dominant centre mid, creative wide player and a striker . Some will obviously leave so should have decent squad next year 

Yes very happy most are staying on another cb as you say dominant cm and striker should be priority.

Well done management thinking ahead despite still in the thick of things.

So two games to go in what has been an excellent season full of excitement highs and lows mostly highs.

To be still in with a shout given the excellent run Glenafton have been on is brilliant.

Noticed on social media the following are staying next season

Danny Boyle
Shaun Fraser
Gary McMenamin
Lee Gallacher
Jordan Maguire
Andy Johnstone
Kevin Watt
Willie Sawyers

With a few more just waiting to complete paperwork.

A centre back has signed for Pollok for next season .

Good luck to the team Saturday give it everything and see where it takes us in these last two games.

So two games to go in what has been an excellent season full of excitement highs and lows mostly highs.

To be still in with a shout given the excellent run Glenafton have been on is brilliant.

Noticed on social media the following are staying next season

Danny Boyle
Shaun Fraser
Gary McMenamin
Lee Gallacher
Jordan Maguire
Andy Johnstone
Kevin Watt
Willie Sawyers

With a few more just waiting to complete paperwork.

A centre back has signed for Pollok for next season .

Good luck to the team Saturday give it everything and see where it takes us in these last two games.

Pollok has signed 1 of your centre backs?

Archived