Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

The effort from him I think is there but he is slow, he grabs more goals as a poacher.

I still think he's decent enough and it is hard for a club like KRR to pick another striker with the attraction of Ayrshire there too.

Personally I would look at some decent amateur sides and try pick up some players from there but that's only my opinion

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have taken danny mckenzie from u21's a couple of years ago and he is one of the best left backs in the league, chris duff from amateur football he looks great one week struggles the next just needs consistency, the boy whelan was u21's centre mid looks decent, also a few others, took a top scorer from u21's aitken but he has struggled so all about attitude and if the player wants it or not

LeeKrr I know the local amateur game well i also take in around 10-15 junior games a season as well as keeping my finger on the pulse when it comes to the junior scene and my thoughts are

the problem a club like Rob Roy have is the level they are operating at currently / want to be / should be at requires a good standard of non league semi pro something that in general is rare to find in the amateur game.

Of course it's not all about ability being able to handle the pressure and expectation that comes with the step up is also key.

I guess what i am trying to say is a club like Rob Roy can maybe take a punt on the odd amateur talent for example chris duff who i rate highly but the majority of the talent they recruit will need to be of a proven decent pedigree.

I agree. There are players in the amateur game though especially at Harestanes (i don't know they still are) that I think would handle the junior game well.

When the attraction is well supported and well funded Ayrshire clubs or even your Polloks paying a lot of money for players I think you have to look at other options on bringing decent players to the club

I think that comes along with their character. Are they mature enough and will they listen to advice to help them become better etc. Which most young guys at junior I'm sure will be

Losing a guy like Paul Ronald must have been a bit of a blow but credit to the manager for giving gordon moffat more of an input as assistant manager.

This season more than ever will be difficult i trust the support will as ever in the main remain supportive of the management and players.

What does Sawyers have to do to win over people? His scoring record speaks for itself. If he isn't a Roy player this season it won't be because the Roy didn't want to sign him.

The Roy have some great young players in their team. The boys coming from amateur and 21, it's not a matter of them wanting it, believe me they boys will want to prove a point more than anyone. It's hard for the young ones when they are used to playing week in week out and being the top players in the team. Confidence is the key here. You could have all the ability in the world, but if your low in confidence you just aren't interested.

What does Sawyers have to do to win over people? His scoring record speaks for itself. If he isn't a Roy player this season it won't be because the Roy didn't want to sign him.

The Roy have some great young players in their team. The boys coming from amateur and 21, it's not a matter of them wanting it, believe me they boys will want to prove a point more than anyone. It's hard for the young ones when they are used to playing week in week out and being the top players in the team. Confidence is the key here. You could have all the ability in the world, but if your low in confidence you just aren't interested.

William is like marmite some like him some don't bit like his father hehe.

He reminds me of an old fashioned junior striker bulky awkward not the most stylish of players but knows the way to goal especially when he is high on confidence something you rightly say is key with a team like Rob Roy.

As ever mon the famous rabs !!

Hey guy's

Took a walk up the other day.

1k, half a mile, 5-10 min walk, 2min in car from main street.

Nice surroundings with the marina and canal nearby.

The new school looks fantastic the facilities at the school are brilliant incidentally.

Should be seeing work starting sooner rather than later once the last part of funding is complete which is near done.

I haven't spoke to anyone in the know for a couple of weeks but this is situation as it stands bearing in mind league campaign doesn't start for another 6 weeks.

7 players out
4 in/ 1gk / 3 defenders.
17 signed up.
2 new coaches in.
Gordon Moffat new assistant manager.
Hopefully bring in another midfielder and striker if our tight budget allows it.

First friendly next saturday against lowland league side Civil service strollers.

Website has all the friendly information etc.

As ever mon the famous rabs!!

Hey guy's

Took a walk up the other day.

1k, half a mile, 5-10 min walk, 2min in car from main street.

Nice surroundings with the marina and canal nearby.

The new school looks fantastic the facilities at the school are brilliant incidentally.

Should be seeing work starting sooner rather than later once the last part of funding is complete which is near done.

I haven't spoke to anyone in the know for a couple of weeks but this is situation as it stands bearing in mind league campaign doesn't start for another 6 weeks.

7 players out
4 in/ 1gk / 3 defenders.
17 signed up.
2 new coaches in.
Gordon Moffat new assistant manager.
Hopefully bring in another midfielder and striker if our tight budget allows it.

First friendly next saturday against lowland league side Civil service strollers.

Website has all the friendly information etc.

As ever mon the famous rabs!!

My favourite part of the area is the nice scrappy behind it [emoji16] just kidding [emoji23]

It is a good area for the new ground.

I thought all the funding was finally complete though?

Will certainly be a more appealing away day with plenty of decent pubs on the main street. Not had a proper look at the proposed area but IIRC there isn't much road space going in so could get quite congested for big games. 

What's the crowds like at Guys Meadow compared to Adamslie? Not exactly the best place to get to from Kirky on public transport.

Crowds are smaller but that's understandable as you say it's not good public transport wise. But saying this they aren't the smallest and I've saw less turn up to Adamslie before than sometimes travel to Guy's Meadow

The club have actually taken a decent support to many games last season obviously it peaked around the first part of the season and tailed off a bit as our form dipped .
The club will obviously benefit a lot by being back in the town attracting back the regulars who used to go but don't now as well as the potential for new supporters which i think can develop as despite recent struggles off the park i still think the club have a lot of good will in the town.

The club has potential to be a real big hitter in the junior / non league game i don't care what anyone says .

Archived