Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

Firstly congratulations to Glenafton Athletic the champions. Despite ourselves being top for most of the season they kept chasing us and put the pressure on us at the end of the season where we have came up short.

Today's game we were the better side first half should of scored a couple of goals when on top but not ruthless enough. Second half glens stepped it up and were ruthless in front of goal that was the difference.

Not that it mattered but assistant chopped off our goal not for offside but our player standing in front of keeper when the ball came in don't get that but as i said didn't matter , fair bit of pressure from us near the end but glens just saw it out.

Oh liked how a mini bus full of Glenafton fans helped themselves to free admission to the game through the gate that was open pretty poor doing that to a club who obviously struggle making any money out of playing at guy's meadow junior compassion well and truly alive ???? but if we aren't making sure a gate is shut and locked our own fault.

Well done again glens and well done the Roy it's been a great effort and season!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bitterly disappointed for it to be over.

Unfortunetly didn't really show the form we hit the first half of the season which probably cost us a better run in the Scottish and a higher league position.

Saying that credit to Glens, and good luck in the Cup Final.

Overall hard to say it now but still a good season, with plenty of positives! Hope all the boys stay at kick on next season. 

Disappointing way to end the season but what a season it has been for us fans. We have fallen a little short but hopefully can build on this next season. Very well done to the management and players. 

On the game today I think we played very well in the first half and should maybe have been 1 or 2 up. The second half was more even but glenafton took their chances which all good champions do. Been a positive season all around tho. 

Well done Glenafton and good luck for rest of the season 

Not how I expected but we move on!

Well done KRR on trying 

Not always best team overall that wins league..

But heads high less chips than the rest but held them all till now.

Mon the Roy underestimated but no shame in our finish.

K R R 

Not how I expected but we move on!

Well done KRR on trying 

Not always best team overall that wins league..

But heads high less chips than the rest but held them all till now.

Mon the Roy underestimated but no shame in our finish.

K R R 

You really are abit thick not always best team win holy f**k the team with the most points wins incase you dont know how it works that MEANS most wins that means beat team

One thing at least Roy fans on this thread have been on it the whole season unlike yourself who appeared in Feb when it started to look like a season of glory. Were you one of the ones taking liberties today walking in for nothing?

Oh and well done again [emoji4]

One thing at least Roy fans on this thread have been on it the whole season unlike yourself who appeared in Feb when it started to look like a season of glory. Were you one of the ones taking liberties today walking in for nothing?

Believe it or not I only found out about P&B in Feb [emoji847]. Heard about that disgusting incident at your ground today ☹️ shameful.
And no [emoji23] I wasn't one of the idiots. I was working in Edinburgh so missed the game [emoji22]

I'm not into social media. But when I was told about this site and it's Junior form. I just had to come have a look [emoji851]. I'm here to stay. [emoji851]. Love the site.

Fair enough [emoji4]

Ah remember standing in the Mick Moran stand first game of last season our support that day was on par with glens fans in that stand. We won two nil and got told by glens fans that day in August 2015 not to get to carried away as glens were relegation fodder, things certainly have changed and if we couldn't win it glad glens did as aside from the freeloaders the glens guys you see season in season out are decent.

Brian why so bitter, not like what goes around comes back around or that.

Fair enough [emoji4]
Ah remember standing in the Mick Moran stand first game of last season our support that day was on par with glens fans in that stand. We won two nil and got told by glens fans that day in August 2015 not to get to carried away as glens were relegation fodder, things certainly have changed and if we couldn't win it glad glens did as aside from the freeloaders the glens guys you see season in season out are decent.

That's a nice thing to say [emoji57]. Very much appreciated [emoji41]

13 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

Are you wanting a dictionary? Btw well done on today's draw with Greenock. Great comeback from 0-2 down.

You think it's okay to shaft KRR for £6.

Classy.

Yes Roy certainly were better team first half  but to say they should of been a couple of goals up is stretching it a bit, and the glens were dominate second half and by far the better team, but its been a good season for both teams , and should be celebrated  no matter what.

Yes Roy certainly were better team first half  but to say they should of been a couple of goals up is stretching it a bit, and the glens were dominate second half and by far the better team, but its been a good season for both teams , and should be celebrated  no matter what.

Exactly best team wins league no arguments regardless of chances they don't go in tough move on try again all the best in cup final [emoji106]

Archived