Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

7 minutes ago, KRR1977 said:

Green has been my POTY, he's been a rock so would be disappointed to see him go.

On Mackie, thought he was excellent first half of the season, hasn't had much of a run since Christmas; again would be disappointed to see him go.

Cant have a go at Pearson, he has had to sit on weeks on end but I have to be honest and say anytime he's been called upon he has stepped up, Beith on Sat prime example!

Finally on Duff agree he has a lot of talent, but it is a big ask for him to be a world beater 5 games in a row. He is a typical wide player he naturally drifts out of games.

Would be great if guys actually posted confirmed transfers not just rumours when the season isn't even over yet and we have a huge game on Sat! 

Few new players in to freshen it up a bit, would like a wee bit more pace in wide areas and someone that can get on the end of crosses. Many times this year lovely crosses and nobody there to capitalise. As i said in previous post a strong centre mid that can control the pace of games and win scraps and break up play 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it all depends on who is actually staying. We know players will leave ... replace them like for like. 

But in terms of making us stronger I would like to see another striker, I think 2 is a bit thin, if we could get one in the quality or similar quality to Watt/Sawyers that would be great. 

Other than that possibly a more physical centre midfielder but overall as long as we can keep or replace like for like we will be challenging again next year!

2 hours ago, rednblack said:

Cumnock fans are a decent lot I've found this season.

Others have labelled us thugs cheats.

A gang lightweights, negative , rubbish and seemingly social media is saying Glenafton are having a big party Saturday. Teams thinking they should have beat us easy.

Seems like despite being top of the league near all the season earns you little respect just get hit with a lot of nonsense instead.

I can assure you nobody has been written off, three horse race anyone can win it. Lots of permutations.
We will be there giving it 100% on Saturday and bring a few through with us, hopefully the pitch will be okay? Any updates?.

That's a bold statement.... where do you get your information from? 

What I heard on Wednesday night at the game . Maybe not true because some that's signed (may have not ) just rumours.

I can assure you nobody has been written off, three horse race anyone can win it. Lots of permutations.
We will be there giving it 100% on Saturday and bring a few through with us, hopefully the pitch will be okay? Any updates?.

Pitch Ok hmm [emoji23]

Would let mackie and pearson go, pearson needs to play every week as been decent when called on. Mackie can't string 2 good games together . Duff for all the talent struggles to have 4 or 5 decent games on the bounce, would like to see him stay as seems to enjoy it. 2 centre halves if they jump ship let them big danny there and sign someone else . Green has been great would like to think after us giving them the step up they would stay but that's footy i suppose 

Did he not play in super league with Arthurlie before stepping down to Blantyre?

If Green moves up the ranks he will need to stop diving about and squeeling like a big lassie, done it with both his last two clubs, needs to grow a pair, wee Gus wont stand for that

Was Green playing last night at left full back?

6 hours ago, rednblack said:

Cumnock fans are a decent lot I've found this season.

Others have labelled us thugs cheats.

A gang lightweights, negative , rubbish and seemingly social media is saying Glenafton are having a big party Saturday. Teams thinking they should have beat us easy.

Seems like despite being top of the league near all the season earns you little respect just get hit with a lot of nonsense instead.

I wouldn't think anyone has been written off, 2 games to go, 3 teams still in the hunt.  A lot of banter and chat, confidence in own team maybe, but no-one written off.

I'm super confident in my own team, would say we are coming through to win it, but I say that at every single game, and especially so this season.  But having said it I also know it will not be an easy game / walk over for our boys, as Rob Roy can't be any mugs or any sort of whipping boys as to be at top / near top for best part of a season in this league is no easy task.

We've managed to go and win our match in hand to go 3 points clear, but there still 6 points to be played for.  

Come on the Afton.  By sound of things in the past few posts on here yous are lacking or want a better midfield, I hope our midfield boys turn up in the mood on Sat as they have the potential to run riot & win us games from centre of park if opposition show even slight weakness. Ally Park & Davie Gray its over to you guys.

12 hours ago, rednblack said:

But he hasn't decided yet so still hopeful the guy realises we have been good for him as much as he has for us. Queens park have a habit of taking on players from the juniors and they sit on the bench and waste away before coming back to the juniors Kevin should think very carefully as if he goes we will move on and need to find a replacement then where does he go.

And yet guys like Davie Anderson, Jamie Longworth, David Galt this season all were regulars, Darren Miller barely missed a game until being loaned to Clyde in Jan... if you're good enough you get a game. If not, offski. Being signed from the Juniors has got nothing to do with it.

11 hours ago, king Henrik7 said:

Did he not play in super league with Arthurlie before stepping down to Blantyre?

Kevin Green did play for Arthurlie and I still can't understand why they let him go.  Great defender.  The one thing i don't like is for a big robust defender he goes down far too easily squealing as if mortally wounded. In all honesty i don't remember him being like that when he was at Dunterlie. 

I wouldn't think anyone has been written off, 2 games to go, 3 teams still in the hunt.  A lot of banter and chat, confidence in own team maybe, but no-one written off.
I'm super confident in my own team, would say we are coming through to win it, but I say that at every single game, and especially so this season.  But having said it I also know it will not be an easy game / walk over for our boys, as Rob Roy can't be any mugs or any sort of whipping boys as to be at top / near top for best part of a season in this league is no easy task.
We've managed to go and win our match in hand to go 3 points clear, but there still 6 points to be played for.  
Come on the Afton.  By sound of things in the past few posts on here yous are lacking or want a better midfield, I hope our midfield boys turn up in the mood on Sat as they have the potential to run riot & win us games from centre of park if opposition show even slight weakness. Ally Park & Davie Gray its over to you guys.

Aw naw don't run riot.

Kevin Green did play for Arthurlie and I still can't understand why they let him go.  Great defender.  The one thing i don't like is for a big robust defender he goes down far too easily squealing as if mortally wounded. In all honesty i don't remember him being like that when he was at Dunterlie. 

Guys a rock at the back. Hopefully still our rock at the back next season [emoji4]

Guys a rock at the back. Hopefully still our rock at the back next season [emoji4]

He certainly does go down too easily and more often than not, screams like a wee lassie!! Quite funny when he's trying to act the hard man

He certainly does go down too easily and more often than not, screams like a wee lassie!! Quite funny when he's trying to act the hard man

Give it a fucking rest. Concentrate on your own mob and no our player of the year.

Archived