Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The team will be fired up for today! I'm predicting a win for the Roy! Also when was the last time we played a match at Guy's Meadow? Have we played one in 2017? 

Cumnock mid December was last home game.  

The sooner we are away from Cumbernauld the better. I know we are still without a ground, but I hear there has been some developments with the plot we are buying. I feel next year we should look elsewhere in order to seriously mount a challenge 

I agree it is frustrating and I can't wait to be back in Kirky either. But we should still be thankful to Cumbernauld giving us somewhere to play. At this level of the game on grass parks it's hard because they don't have undersoil heating or the same drainage senior grounds have, I'm sure Cumbernauld are equally as frustrated at times though when they don't get games played because of the pitch. We hear the debates a lot about plastic pitches but at situations like this then is that not maybe the best thing for junior clubs?

In our situation a good 3g pitch (they are improving all the time) and back playing in Kirky guaranteed games on up next to the marina would be like having our own wee nou camp compared to how things are the now.

What i do know is as disappointed as fans players management are we will crack on and fight through this kind of thing it's what we are good at.

In our situation a good 3g pitch (they are improving all the time) and back playing in Kirky guaranteed games on up next to the marina would be like having our own wee nou camp compared to how things are the now.

What i do know is as disappointed as fans players management are we will crack on and fight through this kind of thing it's what we are good at.

Absolutely, I'm looking forward to having the new place built. Many people slaughter Petershill Park and I think people were worried it might be another "soulless" ground as people call it, (honestly I quite like Peasy, that's where I've been going when RR games are off to watch both Petershill and Rossvale) but then I read about Renfrews new ground and people rate it fantastically.

Being up at the marina means your a 5-10 minute walk from the Main Street meaning people can get a bus to there and head up, we'll have our own Wee social club area and it'll also be easier to park at I reckon.

Oh and the games will be on of course

Can't believe Guys meadow is off, must have serious issues with Drainage. Fantastic set up I must say great clubhouse good pint nice staff. Not great for us as fixtures pile up. Ahh well shopping or gardening [emoji849]

Absolutely, I'm looking forward to having the new place built. Many people slaughter Petershill Park and I think people were worried it might be another "soulless" ground as people call it, (honestly I quite like Peasy, that's where I've been going when RR games are off to watch both Petershill and Rossvale) but then I read about Renfrews new ground and people rate it fantastically.

Being up at the marina means your a 5-10 minute walk from the Main Street meaning people can get a bus to there and head up, we'll have our own Wee social club area and it'll also be easier to park at I reckon.

Oh and the games will be on of course

Renfrew is a great weekend set up is there no decent 3g parks in the Kirkintilloch area

Renfrew is a great weekend set up is there no decent 3g parks in the Kirkintilloch area

There is merkland which is a good 3G park but I don't think it's SJFA standard as it doesn't have a barrier around the pitch

The one we train on at Merkland has been ripped up to be relaid.

Ones at high schools are good but obviously can't use them.

If we had somewhere suitable in Kirky possible to play junior games do you not think we would be playing at it long ago Adamslie obviously was the only place in Kirky suitable to host a junior game. [emoji1]

The one we train on at Merkland has been ripped up to be relaid.

Ones at high schools are good but obviously can't use them.

If we had somewhere suitable in Kirky possible to play junior games do you not think we would be playing at it long ago Adamslie obviously was the only place in Kirky suitable to host a junior game. [emoji1]

Yes or no would of been fine without the sarcasm

Archived