Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, cloughy said:

Red as maxi said time to believe if you don't believe you can win then you won't . Respect the Rose but believe inside and your half way there. We have a great team that's why we're top and a great team spirit shown in Penicuik. Fraz, Willie on form and Watt due to start hitting the net.

Stay clear of injuries over the next two weeks and give it your best shot no regrets. Leave the pitch knowing you couldn't give any more.

Every final I played in we won.except one due to lack of focus and belief. Conservatory full of trophies. emoji12.pngemoji471.pngemoji849.png

You that good at Darts,lol

Difficult tie with it being at bonnyrigg , we had a chance to beat them at duncansfield when we were 2 up at half time , but they proved how good a side they are by coming back to get a 2-2 draw , the replay was a different story, we got leathered 3-0 an to be honest it could have been more ,they are a good side with some excellent individuals but i felt we gave them to much respect in both games by playing one up front an the ball just kept coming back , it will be a hard match no doubt but if u can match up to them physically an tactically u will have a good chance , there aren't unbeatable imo .

Stramash read this again lol

10 hours ago, rednblack said:

Forgetting about the return game?

Totally different scenario!! We had so many factors going against us that week. Half the team missing, either through injuries, suspension or absences. Was a disaster of a time to play them in the replay! Could see it coming beforehand.

Couldve been so different with a full strength team. 

If the Rob Roy get at them from the word go I wouldn't be surprised if they beat them. Sawyers should cause a few problems as from what we saw in the first game, the defence were vulnerable along with the new keeper.

45 minutes ago, rednblack said:

They will be confident so will we makes for a good game, hopefully!

Only problem is the new keeper won't be so new when we play them Coyle emoji4.png

That keepers not at bonnyrigg anymore.

Nobody at Bonnyrigg will say we are unbeatable because thats not true, vastly overrated though??? by who?

KRR will have a difficult tie, as will Bonnyrigg. I am, however, glad its at home as we dont lose often at home, 3 losses in 2 calendar years at home isnt bad.

I do fancy us to go through but wont say its impossible for us to go out. KRR I am sure will get all due respect so may the best team win.

Good luck !

Got tae admire the optimism fae the Roy fans but that's expected a suppose,personally I know this is gonny be a tough tie and had a wee look at highlights of the last game at Penicuik and nothing changes my mind,quietly confident with it being a home game but we'll have to be up for it on the day,Roy look a good side we can mix it on the day as well,roll on game time.

It was wooden seating kids used to run around underneath it when bored with the game. The metal back to the structure used to get battered by the at the time younger supporters when the team scored.
I think but could be wrong it eventually failed a safety check and needed work done to it to pass it safe which would of cost to much money but it always seemed fine to me. It was free to sit in.

This short video excuse the terrible commentator is videod from the front of the stand but doesn't give a true idea of how high you were up when sitting up the back.

Bold Chic charnley whipping in the cross for the goal incidentally around 2001.
Can see chic raising his arm and hear the tanoy playing music from pavilion after the goal.

No sure what the strip was all about back then!

I can remember sitting in the stand back in the 1950's, there were gaps beneath the wooden seats where you could look through to the ground below. It was full of discarded fag packets, crisp pokes and other flammable debris. Meanwhile the punters were dropping their cigarette ends down there, how it never went up in flames is a miracle.

However it was a great experience to sit in a real stand and watch kilsyth hand out yet another thrashing to the Rabs, with Alex Querrie banging in a hat trick!

Was a cracking wee stand , good view from it too , a think thats why it was pulled down cos i think it became a fire hazard , u could see through the gaps between the seating which was wooden an it was full of rubbish people had dropped down , i think they were scared it would go up in flames , which was a shame cos added to the character of adamslie, which a always loved visiting .

Archived