Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Build up will be good hopefully get a good support at the game these are the type of games you train long and hard for all season .

The Rose have the big game experience which in the main we don't but our boys will give it there all, already proud of them all.

Difficult tie with it being at bonnyrigg , we had a chance to beat them at duncansfield when we were 2 up at half time , but they proved how good a side they are by coming back to get a 2-2 draw , the replay was a different story, we got leathered 3-0 an to be honest it could have been more ,they are a good side with some excellent individuals but i felt we gave them to much respect in both games by playing one up front an the ball just kept coming back , it will be a hard match no doubt but if u can match up to them physically an tactically u will have a good chance , there aren't unbeatable imo .

Never seen the Roy for years but last time was agst Nitten through here a few years ago when you put them out the cup,can't recall the score though.

Can't remember the score but it was 2009 and quarters.

Difficult tie with it being at bonnyrigg , we had a chance to beat them at duncansfield when we were 2 up at half time , but they proved how good a side they are by coming back to get a 2-2 draw , the replay was a different story, we got leathered 3-0 an to be honest it could have been more ,they are a good side with some excellent individuals but i felt we gave them to much respect in both games by playing one up front an the ball just kept coming back , it will be a hard match no doubt but if u can match up to them physically an tactically u will have a good chance , there aren't unbeatable imo .

I'm sure the management will have them watched tough game but good game to test ourselves in .

If Kilwinning bottom of our league beat top of east away then we can do obviously need to play at peak though.

23 hours ago, rednblack said:

Build up will be good hopefully get a good support at the game these are the type of games you train long and hard for all season .

The Rose have the big game experience which in the main we don't but our boys will give it there all, already proud of them all.

Haven't seen Rose for a while,bud......but I've seen Rabs twice,& you have nothing to fear,imo! You are our league's "team of the season",so far,imo. I'm gonna stick a few quid on Rabs & Buffs,on an 'outside chance' double,on the day! ;) :thumsup2

Time for winners time to believe

Aye but some of us are longer in the tooth so to speak.
We have seen good teams before, had dreams all for it to come crashing down.
Sure we have done fantastic this season but i for one would never be bold to say we will beat a top team like rose.

I hope we win and think we have a chance but don't expect or think for sure we will.

Aye but some of us are longer in the tooth so to speak. We have seen good teams before, had dreams all for it to come crashing down.

Sure we have done fantastic this season but i for one would never be bold to say we will beat a top team like rose.

I hope we win and think we have a chance but don't expect or think for sure we will.

Red as maxi said time to believe if you don't believe you can win then you won't . Respect the Rose but believe inside and your half way there. We have a great team that's why we're top and a great team spirit shown in Penicuik. Fraz, Willie on form and Watt due to start hitting the net.

Stay clear of injuries over the next two weeks and give it your best shot no regrets. Leave the pitch knowing you couldn't give any more.

Every final I played in we won.except one due to lack of focus and belief. Conservatory full of trophies. [emoji12][emoji471][emoji849]

27 minutes ago, rednblack said:

What boys brigade level emoji4.png

I scored the opener for 3rd Kirkintilloch in boys brigade league final at Adamslie in 1972 - 3-0 victory over some Chryston bumpkins I think. A future Rob Roy manager was watching as well (Davie Smith) but wouldn't sign me a few years later. Bloody dads eh.  Following my trip up for the Penicuik game , cannae wait for this one against Bonnyrigg  -new venue for me.

Archived