Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cloughy said:

Surely the way forward for all clubs is youth teams feeding into juniors. u21s West Scotland then making move to juniors. Anyone can buy a league surely a great youth set up feeding into first team would be more of an achievement than big money spending. Looking from the outside the new proposed set up KRR would be a blue print for success .

Listen looking from the outside, as you call it, what you see is this. KRR spunked a shed load of cash trying to buy a league and failed. They sold their ground and hoped that they could get a new ground by bunking up with minority sports groups (which give access to funding not available to mainstream sports) and cash from EDC. The end result would be a facility that Kirkintilloch Community Sports Club owned and NOT KRR. There`s nothing in there about any plans for youth set ups or pathways etc, etc and they now find themselves up shit creek without a paddle and facing another 2 years as tenants somewhere else which is costing them money they clearly don`t have. Soon as anyone starts asking  questions about it RNB/RRG gets his panties in a knot and everyone has to mind their own business on an open forum....like that`s going to happen!!!

KRR have an u21 team playing in the West of Scotland U21 Premier League.
[/quote.

They do and some boys have come through but not enough. If you look at East Kilbride lowlands team and Spartans through in Edinburgh it's the way forward for community clubs like KRR

No need , your bound to be there seeing as your there no1 fan an anything u hear or want to make up your bound to post on here [emoji44]

Not the 'no1 fan'.
Won't be at it.
Not making anything up.
You'll get a full explanation like you wanted if you go yourself and ask the ask the manager who you'll know anyway rather than causing a fuss on here a thread that was a nice wee read about the team till 'others' got involved and started.

Nothing wrong with the thread , the rabs are doing well an punching well above there weight , rabs fans r happy with there team ! But the thread is called kirkintilloch rob roy 2016/2017 and if u want to ask a question about anything roy related , park etc; this is were people will ask no ?

Nothing wrong with the thread , the rabs are doing well an punching well above there weight , rabs fans r happy with there team ! But the thread is called kirkintilloch rob roy 2016/2017 and if u want to ask a question about anything roy related , park etc; this is were people will ask no ?

Wrong that's Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/2017 [emoji5]

Most of it is just speculation really. Do we really know just how bad or how secure the finances really are? I think the treasurer would have the best knowledge of that.

9 hours ago, cloughy said:

Surely the way forward for all clubs is youth teams feeding into juniors. u21s West Scotland then making move to juniors. Anyone can buy a league surely a great youth set up feeding into first team would be more of an achievement than big money spending. Looking from the outside the new proposed set up KRR would be a blue print for success .

Couldnt agree more! All Junior clubs need a feeder team, whether it's a very good under 19's/21's or a decent amateur team to tap into. Players can slip through the net or develop late on. Preferably the younger element would be my first choice!! Makes good long term sense for finding players to add to the team and great financially if there are little outgoings!

10 hours ago, rednblack said:

Wtf a wee bit of honesty why the hell would rob roy need to come on here and be honest with you a kilsyth supporter ffs. Honest to god couldn't make this up.

Away you go and take a chill!! A simple question was asked. All I, and other supporters (Kilsyth or not) were looking for was a little clarity on the matter??

Not a lot to ask for really??

Newmains Tuesday night i see friendly match 8pm toryglen anyone interested should go along and ask any questions if so interested glesga boys and kilsyth boys welcome i'm sure.

Great to get a friendly organised keep the players match fit and gives the squad players a run out. No one knows what's around the corner may be snow [emoji32] but a least the team is still getting a good run out.

Wrong that's Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/2017 [emoji5]

Most of it is just speculation really. Do we really know just how bad or how secure the finances really are? I think the treasurer would have the best knowledge of that.

Lee , red n black is putting it out there on an open forum that the roy are in trouble money wise ,then telling people to mind there own buisness an gettin all defensive , why say it in the first place ? Most people aren't deriving any pleasure from it , there only asking what the hells going on ?

19 hours ago, cloughy said:

In an ideal world yes to have that pathway giving boys a chance to play junior is the main thing even if only one or two get a real chance over two or three seasons ts worth it imo.

The problem a club like rob roy have is we operate currently in a very tough league , currently we recruit players from other top under21 teams  ex pro youth and decent / good pedigree junior players it won't be easy for a rob roy young player to make it into the first team but its possible thats the main thing for me.

In an ideal world yes to have that pathway giving boys a chance to play junior is the main thing even if only one or two get a real chance over two or three seasons ts worth it imo.
The problem a club like rob roy have is we operate currently in a very tough league , currently we recruit players from other top under21 teams  ex pro youth and decent / good pedigree junior players it won't be easy for a rob roy young player to make it into the first team but its possible thats the main thing for me.

If you look at East Kilbride lowland team they go from fun 4, soccer 7s, youth 11s and amateur side. The community get involved at all ages and support the club. Get the support at a young age you may have them for life.

1 minute ago, cloughy said:

If you look at East Kilbride lowland team they go from fun 4, soccer 7s, youth 11s and amateur side. The community get involved at all ages and support the club. Get the support at a young age you may have them for life.

I wasn't really thinking about things from a support point of view more producing players for our 1st team .Like all these youth set up its simple give the boys the chance if good enough to move up to junior bonus if 1,2,3, whatever make it into first team.

4 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Lee , red n black is putting it out there on an open forum that the roy are in trouble money wise ,then telling people to mind there own buisness an gettin all defensive , why say it in the first place ? Most people aren't deriving any pleasure from it , there only asking what the hells going on ?

Yes it's an open forum but don't come on demanding ' the truth ' or explanations like the roy are anything to do with you kilsyth ranger.

I apologise to you if i have came across poorly i will try harder in the future to be more civil i just see that kilsyth ranger name and see red sometimes :)

Am not demanding anything , u put it out there , i was only asking what was going on ? And unlike u i dont c the rob roy name an have a bad turn lol , your telling people your club are skint , so people are asking u why after the sale of the park etc this has happened ? A dont think a brick has been layed yet has it ? An the longer it goes on the more people will wonder an ask even more questions ? No one in there right mind would want to c another junior club go under , i no i don't , especially our local rivals .

Archived