Kirkintilloch Rob Roy 2016/17

LeeKRR1878

So what's the Kevin Watt slant all the time. My point is about over crowding the middle of the park. You have more than 2 strikers, when Fraser is not suspended or injured maxi plays a 5. Sometimes the pitch and opposition should be considered.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we certainly are a hard team to beat I don't care what anyone says. Against Troon we were only beaten by a single goal and were very unlucky not to get a goal or two of our own. I didn't make it to the Beith game so I can't really comment on it. But 2-0 isn't a hammering. If the team played poor against a strong side and only conceded 2 then really I'm not too concerned about that

Except I don't really think you had an off day against Beith, just outclassed or perhaps I will eat my words as the season progresses, somehow barring injuries (and we had a couple out against you including our captain) I doubt you will end above us in the league.

Except I don't really think you had an off day against Beith, just outclassed or perhaps I will eat my words as the season progresses, somehow barring injuries (and we had a couple out against you including our captain) I doubt you will end above us in the league.

Are you suggesting we are a poor side?

Nobody has said or expects to finish above Beith!

I am confused as to the issue! Fraz is a natural attacking midfielder and creative! can play no 10 when required and that is okay providing the then attacking midfielders are creative enough to get balls forward to him and striker wullie and Kevin or whoever!who is losing out to fraz being accommodated!! silly thing to say,manager does not just select players with the thought in mind "I better accommodate that player" managers don't just play to accommodate and I don't believe Maxwell is a favouring kinda guy.

what is the complaint here!

Fraser being accommodated? or your favourite player being played when the manager sees it tatctically suitable to play him or not?

I may also add beith beat us fair and square!We had a poor game but they will not finish above us or Talbot! my opinion and a wee bit of optimism but I was at game and we got it tactically wrong,and lessons to be learned.

I look forward to the quote on the page when I get it wrong but I doubt it very rarely wrong.

Then fraz as you call him should play as an attacking midfielder in a 4 with wullie up top with another striker that's just an oppinion perhaps not one that suits everyone but mine all the same and that's what the game is all about or so I have been led to believe

Team Player, I can't believe you think Beith will finish below The Roy. If you were at the game and most games this season you will see that Willie , Duff and Lee / Gavin are the main forwards that will open the defence. The back four is solid , the middle of the park / power house is not as fit , strong and Physical as other teams. Beith game they missed Gary's physicality but he is not fit at present. I,like Frazier but some how maxi has taken his edge from him which makes him less a player imo. I would like The Roy to become a bit stronger and win the midfield battle the 50/50s and the wide player to release the ball more often when a team mate is free. I honestly hope The Roy does finish top but in my heart of heart we make the same mistakes week in but some how get the result due to Willie.

Team Player, I can't believe you think Beith will finish below The Roy. If you were at the game and most games this season you will see that Willie , Duff and Lee / Gavin are the main forwards that will open the defence. The back four is solid , the middle of the park / power house is not as fit , strong and Physical as other teams. Beith game they missed Gary's physicality but he is not fit at present. I,like Frazier but some how maxi has taken his edge from him which makes him less a player imo. I would like The Roy to become a bit stronger and win the midfield battle the 50/50s and the wide player to release the ball more often when a team mate is free. I honestly hope The Roy does finish top but in my heart of heart we make the same mistakes week in but some how get the result due to Willie.

When you say Fraser edge has gone maybe the manager had words and told him to cool it a bit, not to go diving in needlessly and not to lash out. Reducing his chances of getting bookings and sending offs. If he did say something similar to that and I'm only guessing then that's fair enough it would then be up to Shaun to get that little bit sharper and let his football do the talking.
I got no problem with Shaun in centre midfield or that bit further forward.
Gary is a good experienced player but you will only get around 20 games out him not 30-35-40.
Young Jordan McGuire is a decent prospect but not sure of his position.
Luke seems to be a favourite every week , Luke for me lacks physicality for the middle of the pitch but is tidy on the ball.
It's highly unlikely we will finish above Talbot or Beith. Third would be a brilliant position for us. Top six would be excellent.
Out wide Gavin is good on the ball, great delivery but has his weaknesses.
Chris Duff is one of the best players ability wise in junior football if only we could get him to do it every week. Great player to have though.
Lee is a good wee player i like him lots.

To say we only get results because of Willie is very harsh.
The keeper keeps shots out that help us win. The defence keep it solid to help us win, the midfield do there thing to help us win the points and the strikers like Willie get the glory with the goals.
Be fair!

Redblack you make good points and yes the defence and goal keeper Jordan are playing there part. My gut is great players like kean, Scholes , souness all had an edge. If you take that way you have lost the soul of that player. Luke is a great passing player but lacks an edge needs to win more 50/50s imo. Gary looks like he is nursing an injury most weeks but has that edge. Great teams win the 50/50s and dominate the middle of the park in the air , on the ground and in the tackle. Wee lee is great and should play at a higher level but his decision making is poor holds on to the ball to much. Which is sad because he could play at a higher level.

Luke originally wasn't a centre midfielder.
Shaun was our 'big ' signing so much was expected of him. As far as I'm aware he missed pre season. I still think we will see much more from Shaun.
I agree with what you say about Lee but still great wee player for the Roy to have.
People had us down to get relegated think some comments are a bit harsh as nobody ever said or thought we would be perfect we have weaknesses and strengths like most teams.
Overall the management have done great this season let's keep it going! .

The management and shaun will know this . I am sure it will get sorted .

Shaun played for ashfield , irvine meadow and queens park around the time rangers were in the league. So he has played lower level junior , premier league junior and SPFL league 2. Not sure where he started as a youth.

Archived