• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
LeeKRR1878

One of the most heartbreaking tales in Scottish Football

I will be leading a campaign to return fallen giants Armadale to the glory they might have achieved, but didn't for a variety of reasons.

I look forward to volunteer park hosting Celtic and Rangers in the near future.

I only have two problems to overcome, because we've got a park. I currently lack funding and significant support. I won't let either stand in the way of my dream.

Safe terracing, I like it Sarg.

I'm with VT on this, they were a shambles of a club for 40 years before they finally took the goal post down.  Not a great lost to Scottish Football which some may say. Yes sad the the guys that stood on the terraces, but hardly heartbreaking for the rest of us.

Bit, like Forfar going bust, f**k it wouldn't be a great taste for our supporters, however who else would really give a f**k.  

This is just a rose tinted glasses, pishe.

I'm guessing by your username you were born after the club were finished? I think I read a bit on the group your talking about but I don't know much about it

No, the 69 in my user name does not refer to my date of birth.

I too have been for a wander round Cathkin and recommend it to everyone. 

Been to Cathkin many a time.

It's a park

I too have been for a wander round Cathkin and recommend it to everyone.

Why am I not surprised that you hang about among the foliage in parks?

A lot of their supporters are only in their 50s just now so to a lot of people it would be considered heartbreaking.

I'll be 61 tomorrow and started watching football at age 11. I never saw them play and can't remember them folding either.

Just like most... etc etc

I keep telling myself I will pay the place a visit the next time I am home. Might try and get myself out there the next time I am home.

I was home from Saturday until yesterday. I didn't bother going.

Used to drink occasionally in the Hi Hi bar in Gorbals. Old fashioned working man's boozers filled with pictures of Third Lanark. Juke Box was 20% Dean Martin and 80% Irish Rebs. Never saw Teddy Taylor the then Tory MP in it funnily enough.

Went up to see Cathkin park last weekend. Quite an eerie place, and when you go in the winter obviously the leaves on the trees are gone so you can really see the defined bowl of the old ground. I went after seeing the Cathkin redevelopment stuff on twitter, but having followed the account for at least a year I was disappointed at how little had been done. I suppose if it's just the one dude doing it then fair enough, but at that rate it'll take decades to "renovate" as only a tiny portion of the terracing had been fixed up. Would be a very nifty wee ground if it was done right.

11 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Went up to see Cathkin park last weekend. Quite an eerie place, and when you go in the winter obviously the leaves on the trees are gone so you can really see the defined bowl of the old ground. I went after seeing the Cathkin redevelopment stuff on twitter, but having followed the account for at least a year I was disappointed at how little had been done. I suppose if it's just the one dude doing it then fair enough, but at that rate it'll take decades to "renovate" as only a tiny portion of the terracing had been fixed up. Would be a very nifty wee ground if it was done right.

Heard rumours there might be a name change coming for the old ground

13 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Heard rumours there might be a name change coming for the old ground

Cathkin Nature Reserve or City Farm?

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Cathkin Nature Reserve or City Farm?

Whit?

21 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Whit?

It's got more chance of being a nature reserve than a football ground.

A Glaswegian football team without roots in bigotry and sectarianism? Never catch on.

2 hours ago, nsr said:

A Glaswegian football team without roots in bigotry and sectarianism? Never catch on.

And a big well done to the Jimmy Johnstone Academy for doing the work at Cathkin Park.

On 29/06/2016 at 00:02, smpar said:

I also found it rather amusing that - up until last month - a club that died a lifetime ago had won the Scottish Cup more recently than Hibs.

Bloody Rangers! They have to spoil everything