England vs Iceland

Don't think Iceland are getting the credit they deserve here. They were fantastic - an honest team that work really hard for each other. The no.7 was closing the England players down like crazy at the end, and that tackle on Vardy was just sublime.

Don't think Ragnar Sigurdsson is getting the credit he deserves here. He was fantastic. He was the number 6 and it was he who made the last-gasper on Vardy... And of course, scored the equaliser.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd expect so as well. They take a lot of the chances they get, and teams don't get much against them. I do suspect France will sneak it, but they're in the same boat as everyone else. They underestimate Iceland, they're out.

The won't underestimate them though, you saw the interviews with Evra and Henry, they were both well aware that Iceland could win and I think they give them the respect they deserve.

What really stood out was how comfortable this Iceland team were in possession. Three or four short passes and they played their way out of defensive areas at a fairly pedestrian pace.  Obviously they've done this throughout the tournament but it really stood out last night.

I followed Northern Ireland in France mate and had a terrific week or so. Brilliant set of lads!!

The thing about posters like you who bemoan the 'little England' syndrome are the ones who display the exact same narrow minded attributes when it comes to Scotland's view of the other home nations (particularly when it comes to football) but just don't see it.

The England football team is made up of overpaid, overrated, underachieving, arrogant, conceited big-time Charleys who think they're better than everyone else bar perhaps the true elite of Germany, Spain, Italy etc. and who thought all they had to do was rock up to Nice, sing GSTQ, have Iceland roll over and get their bellies tickled and move on to the QFs.

The England fans, a substantial proportion of them, are obnoxious, odious, xenophobic and violent yobs who take pride in insulting every country they ever visit, fighting with the locals and the police and smashing up whatever towns and cities have the misfortune of hosting them.

Outside of possibly Russia, I cannot think of a team or a set of fans in international football less worthy of support. This “home nations†crap means nothing to me – what, we're supposed to support them because they're geographically close to us on a map?

By the way, I was happy that Northern Ireland did well too as their players are the exact opposite of England's in terms of attitude and most of the fans seemed decent (though they should drop the "no surrender" add-on to GSTQ).

The England football team is made up of overpaid, overrated, underachieving, arrogant, conceited big-time Charleys who think they're better than everyone else bar perhaps the true elite of Germany, Spain, Italy etc. and who thought all they had to do was rock up to Nice, sing GSTQ, have Iceland roll over and get their bellies tickled and move on to the QFs.

The England fans, a substantial proportion of them, are obnoxious, odious, xenophobic and violent yobs who take pride in insulting every country they ever visit, fighting with the locals and the police and smashing up whatever towns and cities have the misfortune of hosting them.

Outside of possibly Russia, I cannot think of a team or a set of fans in international football less worthy of support. This “home nations†crap means nothing to me – what, we're supposed to support them because they're geographically close to us on a map?

By the way, I was happy that Northern Ireland did well too as their players are the exact opposite of England's in terms of attitude and most of the fans seemed decent (though they should drop the "no surrender" add-on to GSTQ).

Agree with all of this.

And if NI dropped the no surrender stuff they would lose supporters like Rab.

See when you start agreeing with half rice half chips , seek help lichtie , in all seriousness seek help

What did he say that you disagree with?

England are a team of big time Charlie's and the only fans to behave worse than them in France are Russia?

Also I don't see why some people seem to think Scottish fans should support other nations because they're geographically close either.

Think most people would agree with that tbf.

'From nothing, from absolutely nothing'

Erm.. No Steve it was actually a really good move from Iceland, great passing and movement. Imagine picking him to do the analysis on the game considering how shite a manager he was and how he failed beautifully as England boss

Be fair though. Without his expert insight we wouldn't know that Hart would be "disappointed that he's conceded that".

Archived