Conservative Leadership Thread

Sooky

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a suggestion that May supporters would prefer to see Gove on the ticket and may vote tactically to achieve this because they know he'll get gubbed.  I hope this doesn't happen as I think a May v Leadsom ballot to the membership will create greater divisions in the Tory ranks.

Looks like Gove badly misjudged this, thought he was sticking the knife in Johnson, which he was, but was committing political suicide at the same time through his treachery.  Great fun.

If you wanted to be a conspiracy theorist you'd say that Michael Gove was in fact a completely loyal wrecking ball for David Cameron and George Osborne. He tried to lose the referendum for Leave, then decapitate Boris and ensure an orderly hand-over to an out and proud, competent Remainer. The only bit of the plan that went wrong was Britain was stupid enough to follow Granny Danger's advice.

Or it's all just a shambles.

The latter,  g8ve is what he appears to be a raging little sociopathic British nationalist fuckwit with dreams of empire.   All stems from be in adopted that'll be here a psychiatrist would tell you his hatred of the world and poor people comes from. 

SO he spends his adult life plunging millions into poverty and driving disabled people omcommitmsuicide by the hundreds as part of a government of right wing ideologues.   It'san aabsolute nap.S

Crabb struck me as the candidate of the five most likely to widen the Tories' appeal beyond their traditional bases in the long-term. He'll likely have another shot when he's got more experience under his belt, and once he's broadened his support base among both his parliamentary colleagues and the wider membership. 

I don't even know where to start with Leadsom and Gove. Neither of them should be anywhere near a serious position of power and influence - especially Prime Minister. They would both be utterly dreadful. I don't like May, and she'll be less likely to get away with her usual trick of disappearing when the going gets tough, but surely she couldn't be as bad as those two clowns.  

As been mentioned, unless there's tactical voting going on by the Tory MP's today, it's May v Leadsom.  Final two will be known shortly after 16:00 today.

Current odds (next PM)

May - 1/4

Leadsom - 26/5

Gove - 19-1

Absolute state of this -

Hoping Gove has been able to win over some May backers to stop Leadsom making the ballot.

Oh good - the Tories have found themselves an 'anti-establishment' former banker who lies on their cv as a potential leader. Lovely.

Still prefer her to Gove tbh.

Thoroughly in team May now, which I never really thought I would be. Also, Leadsom still thinks marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Also, thank f**k we don't have the £3 membership thing that Labour do or UKIP supporters would be joining in their droves!

32 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Gove eliminated :lol:

Assassinated his pal for absolutely nothing.

Aye it's poetic.

I think that May will win but it will be interesting to see how close the vote is.  I can see her back peddling on Brexit if she does; that will be fun.

Thoroughly in team May now, which I never really thought I would be. Also, Leadsom still thinks marriage should be between a man and a woman.

Also, thank f**k we don't have the £3 membership thing that Labour do or UKIP supporters would be joining in their droves!

What do you have?

So it's a contest between a Poundland Margaret Thatcher and a "The Fly"-style failed attempt at cloning the old boot?

If Scotland rejects independence under either of these lunatics, we really ought to scrap the whole "country" thing.

Archived