France v ROI

Cerberus

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This, they know exactly what the consequences are for stopping a clear goalscoring opportunity in the box.

As an opposing fan, if a defender hacked down your striker when he was clean through and only got a yellow you would (rightly) be utterly seething.

Does the same apply for hand ball? That surely has to still be red and a penalty ( when it's a blatant attempt at a save I mean).

As desperate as you are for that to be true, Fake Sevco/Norn Ireland and fake Sellick/Southern Ireland fans are equally as pathetic as each other.

What are you on about you slavering welt, what on earth do " sevco/ northern ireland " have to do with france beating ireland :lol:

What are you on about you slavering welt, what on earth do " sevco/ northern ireland " have to do with france beating ireland :lol:

The obvious reason you and your "airdrie" supporting mate really want Ireland to lose.

It is the exact same reason the plastic paddys want Norn Ireland to lose.

The only thing I'm confused about is why you pretend to support other teams?

This, they know exactly what the consequences are for stopping a clear goalscoring opportunity in the box.

As an opposing fan, if a defender hacked down your striker when he was clean through and only got a yellow you would (rightly) be utterly seething.

I'm in the opposite camp on this issue. A yellow and a penalty is more than adequate. A penalty and a red card is two major punishments for one 'crime'. If the boy gets a yellow he won't be doing it again anyway. And I refuse to believe incidents will increase just because players know they won't get sent off, they'll still be giving away penalties.

Personally I hope it's a law that remains. There's nothing worse than seeing a 'keeper genuinely attempting to take the ball from a striker's feet and mistiming it, being sent off as a result.

A professional foul is still a red. I think deliberate hand ball is as well.

The rule was brought in to eliminate the double punishment from clumsy challenges. A red card and a penalty is far too harsh for the majority of incidents.

A professional foul is still a red. I think deliberate hand ball is as well.

The rule was brought in to eliminate the double punishment from clumsy challenges. A red card and a penalty is far too harsh for the majority of incidents.

So was the one in this game accidental? (Had it been in the box obvs).

The ultimate plastic paddy Townsend clinging onto the delusion that a 'single good ball' would keep their dross in the tournament now. Conveniently forgetting that their ten men would then have to hold out for more than three and a half seconds against the French in extra time. 

Archived