France v ROI

Cerberus

France are garbage 😂 What a squad they have tae. Giroud is like a lamppost up top atm no movement or f**k all.. Ireland are pretty solid and playing the game to a tee right now. Dunno if they can last the whole second half without conceding though, we'll see I suppose.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f**k sake

In comparison to what????

Real Madrid/Barcelona???

They're some of the best national teams in Europe and the World.

Aside from the Dutch, every team who failed to qualify would have made this tournament worse.

The standard of teams at this tournament has been very poor.

I think everyone is waiting for the supposedly "big" players to bring the tournament to life.

They haven't turned up at all. Brief flashes from some (Payet, Bale etc) but nothing sustained.

Id say there's very little between any of these teams. Genuinely anyone could win it.

Whilst the quality of teams hasn't been in touch with previous years I am actually really enjoying it.

Genuinely don't know who's going to win the tournament I think there are several contenders.  Great stuff.

Think people are busy comparing national teams to Champions a League teams.

Agree.  The way modern football is international teams are never going to reach the standard of the elite club sides.

I hate international friendlies but competitively I love international football and especially major tournaments,  Fantastic atmosphere and genuine upsets on a regular basis.

Annoys me when the sky sports generation just dismiss international football as shit.

They can't afford to take Giroud off: they'll end up camped in Ireland's half by the end of the game, and Gignac is an absolutely useless alternative as a target-man.

This has been a decent watch, perhaps because France aren't doing very well, Ireland know that they have a chance of getting a second so aren't just shitfesting. 

Agree. The way modern football is international teams are never going to reach the standard of the elite club sides.

I hate international friendlies but competitively I love international football and especially major tournaments, Fantastic atmosphere and genuine upsets on a regular basis.

Annoys me when the sky sports generation just dismiss international football as shit.

Agree 100 percent

The French have been horrible at passing the ball. It's going to take something much better to break through the two lines of Irish.

Edit to add finally a great delivery and goallllllllll!!!!!!

Archived