Sorry..

Nugent4nil

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is no Scottish played during the months of December to end of January they will be able to allocate league fixtures to clubs whos parks are likely to be playable as opposed to waiting on the Scottish game being on.

Here's how it could look it you replicated the East Region (sorry if my geography is a bit off with the Districts)

Superleague (2 relegated, one play off)

Auchinleck Talbot F.C.

Hurlford United F.C.

Kilbirnie Ladeside F.C.

Troon F.C.

Pollok F.C.

Glenafton Athletic F.C.

Beith Juniors F.C.

Kirkintilloch Rob Roy F.C.

Arthurlie F.C.

Shettleston F.C.

Petershill F.C.

Irvine Meadow F.C.

Cumnock Juniors F.C.

Largs Thistle F.C.

Kilwinning Rangers F.C.

Clydebank F.C.

Premierleague (2 promoted, 1 play-off, 4 relegated)

Blantyre Victoria F.C.

Kilsyth Rangers F.C.

Rutherglen Glencairn F.C.

Cumbernauld United F.C.

Shotts Bon Accord F.C.

Yoker Athletic F.C.

Greenock Juniors F.C.

Ardrossan Winton Rovers F.C.

Bellshill Athletic F.C.

Maybole Juniors F.C.

Renfrew F.C.

Maryhill F.C.

Wishaw Juniors F.C.

Rossvale F.C.

Girvan F.C.

Irvine Victoria F.C.

North District (2 promoted)

St. Roch's F.C.

Larkhall Thistle F.C.

Vale of Clyde F.C.

Thorniewood United F.C.

St. Anthony's F.C.

Dunipace F.C.

Forth Wanderers F.C.

Benburb F.C.

Cambuslang Rangers F.C.

Port Glasgow Juniors F.C.

Gartcairn F.C.

Lanark United F.C.

Glasgow Perthshire F.C.

Vale of Leven F.C.

Ashfield F.C.

Royal Albert F.C.

South District (2 promoted)

Darvel Juniors F.C.

Whitletts Victoria F.C.

Lugar Boswell Thistle F.C.

Kello Rovers F.C.

Craigmark Burntonians F.C.

Dalry Thistle F.C.

Annbank United F.C.

Muirkirk Juniors F.C.

Ardeer Thistle F.C.

Saltcoats Victoria F.C.

Johnstone Burgh F.C.

Lesmahagow Juniors F.C.

Neilston Juniors F.C.

East Kilbride Thistle F.C.

Carluke Rovers F.C.

Newmains United F.C.

What happens if the bottom 4 are all from one region ie north in premiership league then you would have an 18 and 14 team league thus making 34 and 26 league games the next season if you are seriously considering 4 leagues of 16 then you gotta do away with district leagues or in 5 yrs time you could have one of them maybe having 20 teams and the other 12 so it cud be superleague them premier league 1 2 and 3

If we ever get as far as having a national junior league please leave the arrangements for it to the East regional committee...I despair of the West.

I wouldn't place too much faith in the East, a few clubs are making noises about turning the clock back to the auld days as "too much travel", and apparently there's to be further "reconstruction" discussions over the next year. There are still plenty of dinosaurs moping around.

What happens if the bottom 4 are all from one region ie north in premiership league then you would have an 18 and 14 team league thus making 34 and 26 league games the next season if you are seriously considering 4 leagues of 16 then you gotta do away with district leagues or in 5 yrs time you could have one of them maybe having 20 teams and the other 12 so it cud be superleague them premier league 1 2 and 3

You move teams between Districts, but it normally pans out OK in the East.

I'd rather just 4 leagues but there's some travelling from Glasgow area to kello maybole and girvin

Largs to Girvan takes longer to drive them Ashfield to Girvan for example.

And Cumnock to Shotts takes only ten minutes longer than Cumnock to Largs.

I think too much is made of the distance between regional clubs sometimes.

I wouldn't place too much faith in the East, a few clubs are making noises about turning the clock back to the auld days as "too much travel", and apparently there's to be further "reconstruction" discussions over the next year. There are still plenty of dinosaurs moping around.

Sounds a backward step but you never know... At least the East are prepared to try new things never mind discuss them

Sounds a backward step but you never know... At least the East are prepared to try new things never mind discuss them

It's madness it's going to be discussed really, we now have a solid set-up which is attracting clubs from the EoS League, but a handful of clubs are moaning about travelling distances.

I can't see anything changing, and a change back to three Districts as it used to be (North, Central, South) causes a whole host of problems. It's a waste of everyones time but the management committee have agreed to look at it.

As for the West, as I said before, start discussing what changes will benefit clubs, pull a proposal together, start talking, and get a club to adopt it. By the time it reaches next years AGM everyone is fully aware of what is being proposed.

A 4 x 16 set-up in the West would give it a fresh start. 22 games to decide West Champions is not enough.

I apologise if I upset anyone or for that matter if I steal ideas that I’m about to mention in the following rant. I follow junior football, Arthurlie to be exact as most people on here know, I do a radio show promoting the juniors grade because I love it. There are people at Pollok, Auchinleck, Glenafton and the likes doing much more than I and they do it because they love, as me, this grade of football.

I must ….. Why the fook have the SJFA released fixtures via a ‘hidden’ section that only match secretaries can see, who in turn posted them as fixtures only to be told it was a test?

An absolute fannyspangle of events, YES do it as a test but let the club secretary’s know about it in advance? Common sense?

The Scottish Amateur Football runs the, IMO, best social media on Twitter, they are, like the juniors, based at Hampden, so why is ours so bad?

The season starts later every year then we moan about this and that……… its down to clubs to make the change. Rather than skirt about it I will be honest, St Mirren were going to bring their first team to Dunterlie Park, it would have been the St’s first pre-season game and being local would have generated a massive crowd but the fact that junior clubs aren’t allowed to play friendlies until the third Saturday in July fooked it all up.

As far as I can see some clubs will have played two league games come October? That’s just ludicrous…. Get the sectional league cup tae fook play league games. Scrap your the Ayrshire equivalent tae….. start earlier get the Scottish rounds 1.2. and 3 done before November and start back in February.

September weekend? We aren’t in the 70;s FFS get that done away with and put a fixture list out for the ENTIRE season, yes games WILL be called off but do a fixture list and come Christmas and New Year have local derby’s, make it bigger make it better make sense.

Evening Times cup IMO should be a season opener unfurl your flag on a summers day…. League and cup winners two groups of four one game against each then the 4th placed teams play off the 3rd, 2nd the 1st contest the final…… what an opener for the season IMO.

Lots of people on here have been very, over critical of the guys in the seats of power….. not me I personally thin the likes of Tam Johnstone are doing a fantastic job, the issue is that member clubs vote for the status quo so don’t blame them when it’s your and our guys that aren’t pushing for change, but change is something we need.

So what and how do we go about changing things?

As well as fannyspangle you could at least have called the adminstration cockwombles?

Provisional fixtures is a huge answer to our scottish cup problems over seasonal months .

Club A ï¸And club B in ï¸ï¸west super premier get drawn away to club C and D from up north .

As early as the wed/Thursday with 6 inches of snow up north we know our clubs scottish away matches have no chance , yet despite the ï¸west of scotland clubs in A and B having not have played one another in league fixtures the provisional fixture seldom happens !!!!!!!

Why ? It's common sense and it should always happen to keep things flowing , mind you when other clubs ive spoken to phone up to request it and are greeted down the phone with " what the f**k are you wanting " then God help our clubs Eh.

Provisional fixtures is a huge answer to our scottish cup problems over seasonal months .

Club A ï¸And club B in ï¸ï¸west super premier get drawn away to club C and D from up north .

As early as the wed/Thursday with 6 inches of snow up north we know our clubs scottish away matches have no chance , yet despite the ï¸west of scotland clubs in A and B having not have played one another in league fixtures the provisional fixture seldom happens !!!!!!!

Why ? It's common sense and it should always happen to keep things flowing , mind you when other clubs ive spoken to phone up to request it and are greeted down the phone with " what the f**k are you wanting " then God help our clubs Eh.

Common sense yes but the clubs themselves are not interested in this. A couple of seasons ago Talbot were drawn away to Kelty in the quarters of the Scottish. Kelty had terrible drainage problems at the time and the tie was postponed three weeks in a row (you may remember it was eventually moved to Ballingry). 

All three weeks Talbot had a perfectly playable park. During one of these weeks another team in the league also had no fixture and Talbot tried to arrange a league game. The other team point blank refused to play.

The only reason I can think of was they were in a relegation battle and maybe hoping to get Talbot later when Talbot would have a fixture backlog and perhaps a bit tired.

Common sense yes but the clubs themselves are not interested in this. A couple of seasons ago Talbot were drawn away to Kelty in the quarters of the Scottish. Kelty had terrible drainage problems at the time and the tie was postponed three weeks in a row (you may remember it was eventually moved to Ballingry).

All three weeks Talbot had a perfectly playable park. During one of these weeks another team in the league also had no fixture and Talbot tried to arrange a league game. The other team point blank refused to play.

The only reason I can think of was they were in a relegation battle and maybe hoping to get Talbot later when Talbot would have a fixture backlog and perhaps a bit tired.

Agreed and unfortunately clubs will opt to play /not play out of self interest but im sure that most of the time that most clubs would rather play than not play.

Remember Beith hastily arranged a game against Talbot at home in the league where we got beaten 2-3 ( I think ).

Latta shouted into our dressing room after the game and a few of our players took offence , we had a wee bust up in our dressing room and lost two cracking players on the back of it .

Sometimes it goes with you and other times against you ï¸however provisional games are definitely the way to keep fixtures flowing.

That's you in bother noo

If we ever get as far as having a national junior league please leave the arrangements for it to the East regional committee...I despair of the West.

I didn't see the season in the East wrapping up any earlier. 

Agreed and unfortunately clubs will opt to play /not play out of self interest but im sure that most of the time that most clubs would rather play than not play.

Remember Beith hastily arranged a game against Talbot at home in the league where we got beaten 2-3 ( I think ).

Latta shouted into our dressing room after the game and a few of our players took offence , we had a wee bust up in our dressing room and lost two cracking players on the back of it .

Sometimes it goes with you and other times against you ï¸however provisional games are definitely the way to keep fixtures flowing.

What did he shout?

Archived