Sorry..

Nugent4nil

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's went from " you will never win the scottish EVER " to ; " it's no better than a local cup final "

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's no all about yous. 😀

Kilbirnie got to quarters and could have reached final.... Had they won on pens after 90 trust me a would have said the sam.. Semis not played at decent neutral ground,final straight to pens, played on a carpet... It is losing credibility by the season. The league is where it's at Beith winning Super annoys me more than Beith winning Scottish .. Dalry reached the semis ffs.

It's no all about yous. 😀

Kilbirnie got to quarters and could have reached final.... Had they won on pens after 90 trust me a would have said the sam.. Semis not played at decent neutral ground,final straight to pens, played on a carpet... It is losing credibility by the season. The league is where it's at Beith winning Super annoys me more than Beith winning Scottish .. Dalry reached the semis ffs.

But the league is a bigger farce than the scottish mate due to the Ardagh cup at the start of the season taking precedence and the evening times JO vanity cup at the end of the season totally making a mess of the leagues credibility . :huh:

Getting rid of sectional cup and not extending league would mean some clubs could play less than 30 games a season. With a 30 game league season the least you would play would be 33.

Never been one to abolish Scottish replays but if we continue to play rounds in winter it would help with backlog and a longer term fixture list could be produced. To me the Scottish is losing credibility by the season, going straight to pens in a final cause the players might be tired classifies it no better than a local cup final.

Or put it another way 30 league games and the run beith had this year wud mean roughly 50 games and as far as I can remember beith only had one replay in cups and got bye in first round that's too many games in my opinion

...and how many games would Linlithgow have if they did the same as Beith...they play a 30 match league just now. Too much for West clubs but not for East. The more successful you are the more games you play. Had they reached final of Ardagh under current set up they would have played 7 more anyway to go with 22 league games plus runs in Scotish, West, Ayrshire ..

I just think 30 league games is too many when you have 3 quality cups and one that's used more as friendlies the problem is beith and Pollok finished there seasons on the 14 n 15th of June and under a 30 game league you wud have to play minimum 4 midweeks in first 2 month of season starting first saturday in August plus successful teams have senior Scottish cup ties in August and September the weather for me dictates that a 30 game league cud be a disaster

I just think 30 league games is too many when you have 3 quality cups and one that's used more as friendlies the problem is beith and Pollok finished there seasons on the 14 n 15th of June and under a 30 game league you wud have to play minimum 4 midweeks in first 2 month of season starting first saturday in August plus successful teams have senior Scottish cup ties in August and September the weather for me dictates that a 30 game league cud be a disaster

Successful teams will always play more games..never heard Beith complaining.

You play 26 games as is in Super 1st plus 4 at least in Central sectional cup.. all you would be doing is transferring those kick about cup games into competitive league fixtures. The top leagues plays 22 that's too short IMO you would have 8 extra but would be offset by not playing at least 4 in sectional cup. You would be guaranteed 15 home fixtures and full income from them . Clubs in top division will always play more fixtures than clubs in bottom division.. They are more likely to progress in cup competitions. Junior fitba has always been about cups always to the detriment of the league... The league games always seem to get in the way of the next round of some diddy local cup. The Ayrshire cup and the ADL should not really exist as there is now no Ayrshire association ditto Central. It is the west region and the lower leagues should be regionalised North /South like the East region does not Central /Ayrshire.

The East region is moving on we are living in the past.

In the East Juniors they play 30 league games plus the Scottish Junior Cup, the East Region Junior Cup, and either the Fife / Lothian Cup or the North & Tayside Cup. In the West the equivalent would be scrapping the sectional cups... which take 5 dates plus knockouts separate from the 22-26 league games... scrapping the Evening Times Cup, and perhaps starting a week earlier than now.

Then you would have 30 league games plus the Scottish Junior West, West Region Junior Cup, and either the Central Cup or the Ayrshire Cup. If they can do it in the East Juniors they surely can do it in the West, so I don't think that particular objection is very valid.

26 games is fine and scrap the sectional then your still playing same amount of games 30 too many you shud not be playing in June the Scottish cup final at end of may shud be last game of season beith and Pollok just had a 10 and a half month season some of players missed end of season because of holidays some of them just going on holiday now most of these players have families and nearly all have jobs what's wrong with just scrapping the sectional cup starting league in August and finishing the season in may

26 games is fine and scrap the sectional then your still playing same amount of games 30 too many you shud not be playing in June the Scottish cup final at end of may shud be last game of season beith and Pollok just had a 10 and a half month season some of players missed end of season because of holidays some of them just going on holiday now most of these players have families and nearly all have jobs what's wrong with just scrapping the sectional cup starting league in August and finishing the season in may

The problem is that with the Scottish being played during December - January they take prescience so if postponed clubs can go weeks or moths without a game, hence take the Scottish out of those months

Yet the East manage it

When was last time juniors finished before June?

If you take away Ardagh and don't extend leagues you could have ADL clubs maybe playing as little as 27-29 games in a season. You don't want clubs to finish too early either.

But there would still be postponement November to march

Yip there could well be however you could have a fixture list and if a game is postponed 1 week you simply move onto the next week's fixture . The Scottish takes precedence and no other games can be played until that one is sometimes waiting 3 weeks until a ground is playable .

Archived