Sorry..

Nugent4nil

does anyone ever raise this stuff at meetings or anything?

we seem to have a football forum full of people who have opinions on what could be done better but with no will to do anything about it beyond posting on here. That's not really a criticism of anyone in particular, just the overriding feeling is that of having read a lot of this stuff before and here we are looking at another season of the same old problems. 

The talk of boycotts and strikes is absolute daftness btw. I'm not even sure how a football fan would go on strike in the first place. Is there a TU rep I can contact? 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fannyspangle is herthas favourite word this is one of if not the best post I've seen on here Ive followed junior football on n off for nearly 40yr and I must admit used to love the regional when it was the Jackie scarlett cup but with the invention of the super leagues I now think its past its sell by date come October beith might have played one league game depending on senior Scottish then all you need is a bad winter and a wee scottish cup replay or two and before you know it its March and uve played 5 league games it's time for change surely if fans can see it then the people who run the game must be able to end of my rant

Yet the clubs did go for change.They voted through the St Anthony's proposal to change the league set up...only to see it forced into a revote where it was voted down. Perhaps clubs believe there is no point whatsoever in putting forward any motion for change as some reason will be found to declare any changes null and void.

The people that run junior clubs are not progressive people, they are scared of change.

Yet the clubs did go for change.They voted through the St Anthony's proposal to change the league set up...only to see it forced into a revote where it was voted down. Perhaps clubs believe there is no point whatsoever in putting forward any motion for change as some reason will be found to declare any changes null and void.

The people that run junior clubs are not progressive people, they are scared of change.

I think that is slightly unfair. I think there are many junior clubs (yours is one) who want things changed but there are more clubs who are happy with the status quo.

It's a democratic group at the end of the day and as much as it has frustrated me (lots of times) as a secretary I respect the views of the clubs who don't want change. It is up to the clubs that want change to come together and put forward these plans and convince people why the change is the way forward.

I also think fans should hold their committees & secretaries to account. I have know in the past secretaries who have voted against the wishes of their clubs. Fans elect the secretaries and if they don't feel they are doing what the fans believe is right then they should replace them.

does anyone ever raise this stuff at meetings or anything?

we seem to have a football forum full of people who have opinions on what could be done better but with no will to do anything about it beyond posting on here. That's not really a criticism of anyone in particular, just the overriding feeling is that of having read a lot of this stuff before and here we are looking at another season of the same old problems. 

The talk of boycotts and strikes is absolute daftness btw. I'm not even sure how a football fan would go on strike in the first place. Is there a TU rep I can contact?

I was not referring to fans striking....I was putting in context if clubs asked for change and it was completely ignored then said clubs could strike and stick it too them.. the idea of junior fans boycotting would only hammer there own clubs.

I think that is slightly unfair. I think there are many junior clubs (yours is one) who want things changed but there are more clubs who are happy with the status quo.

It's a democratic group at the end of the day and as much as it has frustrated me (lots of times) as a secretary I respect the views of the clubs who don't want change. It is up to the clubs that want change to come together and put forward these plans and convince people why the change is the way forward.

I also think fans should hold their committees & secretaries to account. I have know in the past secretaries who have voted against the wishes of their clubs. Fans elect the secretaries and if they don't feel they are doing what the fans believe is right then they should replace them.

Then clubs who don't want change are not run by progressive people.

Voting the St Ants proposal through then voting it down was farcical... certain people at the top didn't want change and clubs fell into line. Absolutely pathetic but totally in line with the people that run our clubs

Agree with everything you say. West region is run by dinosaurs who run league to suit themselves. 3rd sat in June rule is a joke. We had to wait 4 weeks without a game to play our play off matches at end of last season. Also had a six week spell during season where we played only one away match. League is run terribly with clubs being dismissed like spoilt kids when asking for information ie fixture dates etc. Fans haven't a clue when their team is playing from one week to next. None of this helps clubs financially or otherwise . I know there's cup replays and matches postponed but still can and needs to be organised better. I know officials at clubs including ours are worried about complaining or asking for change in fear of a backlash ie undesirable fixture list etc

Same pish,different year..........Start within your own clubs first and ask the questions about fixture lists,start dates, re-instatement rule etc etc. As far as I can see there is a constitution in place for the leagues/regions etc and any motions are proposed and voted for (or otherwise) by the clubs. If there is apathy from within your own club for these "issues" that irk the supporters so much then the likelihood of any change is zero. It`s not about complaining to get change it`s about process and from what I can see these meetings come and go and the officials from the member clubs do not raise any of these points. It seems the clubs are happy for the status quo to remain. The people who administer the game are elected by the clubs! If they aren`t happy then follow the process as laid down within the constitution and have them removed and replace them by due process. If the clubs really had any sort of appetite for meaningful change they would organise themselves accordingly and drive through any changes they feel would benefit the game. Until that happens you`re wasting your time complaining about people who administer the game. THEY`RE PUT THERE BY THE CLUBS THEMSELVES..... 

Same pish,different year..........Start within your own clubs first and ask the questions about fixture lists,start dates, re-instatement rule etc etc. As far as I can see there is a constitution in place for the leagues/regions etc and any motions are proposed and voted for (or otherwise) by the clubs. If there is apathy from within your own club for these "issues" that irk the supporters so much then the likelihood of any change is zero. It`s not about complaining to get change it`s about process and from what I can see these meetings come and go and the officials from the member clubs do not raise any of these points. It seems the clubs are happy for the status quo to remain. The people who administer the game are elected by the clubs! If they aren`t happy then follow the process as laid down within the constitution and have them removed and replace them by due process. If the clubs really had any sort of appetite for meaningful change they would organise themselves accordingly and drive through any changes they feel would benefit the game. Until that happens you`re wasting your time complaining about people who administer the game. THEY`RE PUT THERE BY THE CLUBS THEMSELVES.....

Yip the people that run the clubs ARE the problem. My club should be getting with other clubs like Arthurlie, Beith, Troon etc and putting forward proposals for change .

Then clubs who don't want change are not run by progressive people.

Voting the St Ants proposal through then voting it down was farcical... certain people at the top didn't want change and clubs fell into line. Absolutely pathetic but totally in line with the people that run our clubs

Fair enough. I wasn't there when that happened, but having read about it, it was poor by the powers that be.

I believe junior football has to change to go forward or we will be left behind by the rest of Scottish football. The window is closing fast and clubs need to realise this.

At the Scottish AGM it was discussed about how the SJFA, the regions and the clubs need to embrace social media. It's about 3/4 years to late but it's a start. The 1st thing mentioned was all draws being conducted on periscope so hopefully that will improve interaction with fans.

Which brings me back to the reason for me asking the question I did in my earlier post.

With each of the clubs having an AGM, do supporters ever ask these sorts of questions then? If not, why not?

The club should be representing the body of support when the time comes to be in front of the beaks. Much as I enjoy this forum, I doubt it can be seen as a serious method of communication to the SJFA, or the clubs for that matter.

And FOTJ, I think we had this difference of opinion at the same point last year. Go and support your team, and the opposition financially, in the Ardagh matches instead of sitting in the house checking twitter every few minutes thinking that your huff will get things changed. I'm doubtful that route will work.

And FOTJ, I think we had this difference of opinion at the same point last year. Go and support your team, and the opposition financially, in the Ardagh matches instead of sitting in the house checking twitter every few minutes thinking that your huff will get things changed. I'm doubtful that route will work.

Al do ma own Wee thing thanks very much bud as will most of the lads I go to the games with . I'm not paying £6 for a glorified friendly match simples . It might not mean much in the grand scheme of things but if more do it then the message might finally get through because as you said the powers that be seem blind to any other .

As I said I'm only a fan & not having a season ticket I'm not permitted at our agm . Think I will petition my friends to get 1 this year though so come this time next season we can have a voice

Al do ma own Wee thing thanks very much bud as will most of the lads I go to the games with . I'm not paying £6 for a glorified friendly match simples . It might not mean much in the grand scheme of things but if more do it then the message might finally get through because as you said the powers that be seem blind to any other .

As I said I'm only a fan & not having a season ticket I'm not permitted at our agm . Think I will petition my friends to get 1 this year though so come this time next season we can have a voice

That's the spirit!

It's pretty simple, the fans need to raise it at their AGM to get the club to take it to the regional one. If enough fans do it will have the backing of numerous clubs

Do all clubs have an AGM? Not aware of one at Lanark for example.

It's only a glorified friendly if your club treats it as such. If people are paying full price to watch a half-arsed second string team play then the fault lies with the clubs and their lack of respect to the opposition and game in general.

It's only a glorified friendly if your club treats it as such. If people are paying full price to watch a half-arsed second string team play then the fault lies with the clubs and their lack of respect to the opposition and game in general.

Think you will find that the vast majority of the clubs treat this cup in the same vein. It's gone stale a bit like the old regional cups like the North Ayrshire , East Ayrshire cups & we know what happened to them . Same fate should be afforded the Ardagh

It's the manager surely rather than the club who sets the agenda as to what team gets played? Any manager who wants to use it as 4 or 5 games to prepare for the league will not be told otherwise by a committee. Another factor is what happens if you lose a game early on. This will be of immediate apparence to the SPFL fans who are looking forward to their sectional cup. When you lose a game, the remainder of the fixtures become expensive friendlies.

Archived