Jump to content

East Region Premier Season 16/17


whitburn exile
 Share

Recommended Posts

Probably right Hibby9.

The guys that have been signed may have been told will get to play regular football and St Andrews have lost quite a lot and are maybe struggling to sign players that can allow them to challenge at the top,  maybe it's the best option for them at this time. I agree the quality is not the best and it will be a struggle but hopefully they can stay in the league and then try and kick on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He is a good lad and 2 them were at Thornton last year and defo not good enough and the boys fae Lochgelly prob worse than the other 2. Also signed Wee Keatsy who never got a game for bkuebell who prob needs to be playing. Know some of these guys well and these boys been promised they will play week in week out. Know boom well too but if these boys are in first team I think will struggle. Just my opinion tho. Nothing's against St. Andrews. I hope they stay up


Gilfillin is on loan from Kelty I think and when he played at Rosyth was a centre mid and not a right back like when I saw him at Thornton ,Perrie is a decent player who played in a lot of positions for Lochgelly and is decent enough that the haws tried to buy him last season,conner was hot and cold when he played Rosyth last season but has potential .ricky Patrick left to continue playing super league and if saints were still there I would think he would still be there.
Think St. Andrews will be up there but Tranent will win it
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saints have also signed Michael Fleming who imo is a quality defender. With Barry Sibanda up top they will always score goals but like been mentioned already, it's prob the tightest premier league at both ends. Can't see the 4 players mentioned above being 1st team picks every week though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sibanda has scored goals and will always get you goals but from what I remember is very much hot or cold.  Don't know the lad Fleming but the 4 signings will need to play most weeks I assume. Why else would they move to be bit part and St Andrews don't have a big squad with most left and a few wanting away or rumoured to be joining other Fife clubs in the area. They must have had around 6/7 left since end of the season so new recruits I expect would play and still need to add real quality. That's why I think they will struggle and I agree it will be a very tight league, but so has the last 2/3 years been tight. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with Manonthenspot also, 

cant see St Andrews doing anything of note other than fighting down the bottom half, and I also think they will be stuck in the premier for a while. The saving grace may be the rumours they will be taken over and formed with AM Soccer and potential Lowland league route. 

 Kennoway improving, Glens will be stuffy. Tayport will be in the top half but still not convinced will be challenging or that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Blue jean said:

Sibanda has scored goals and will always get you goals but from what I remember is very much hot or cold.  Don't know the lad Fleming but the 4 signings will need to play most weeks I assume. Why else would they move to be bit part and St Andrews don't have a big squad with most left and a few wanting away or rumoured to be joining other Fife clubs in the area. They must have had around 6/7 left since end of the season so new recruits I expect would play and still need to add real quality. That's why I think they will struggle and I agree it will be a very tight league, but so has the last 2/3 years been tight. 

 

 

Who's the 6/7 players ? Obviously Ricky has moved to bluebell, Aaron whitehead and Darren clarkson to lochee and Jamie mackie to Tayport . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 4 you have mentioned along with Lewis Elder is at Lochgelly, the boy brand is mates with my son and he is away to America. I am sure there are 1/2 more possibly Dundee or Perth clubs. I hear broughty are trying to get Sibanda through his brother as think he was wanting him at Cupar. 

So still a good few but the main losses are certainly Patrick, Whitehead and the young keeper Clarkson he was very decent when I watched the Kelty game, be interesting to see if anyone else leaves in the coming weeks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10 July 2016 at 21:37, victor meldrew said:

Saints have also signed Michael Fleming who imo is a quality defender. With Barry Sibanda up top they will always score goals but like been mentioned already, it's prob the tightest premier league at both ends. Can't see the 4 players mentioned above being 1st team picks every week though.

Fleming quality ur havin a laugh there mate !! couldnt even get in the squad at the haws , Oakley buy him and he helps take them down with the worst defensive record in the league he cant defend lol I watched him in the last game of the season against Jeanfield and all he wanted to do was blame everyone round about him hahahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lammy71 said:

Fleming quality ur havin a laugh there mate !! couldnt even get in the squad at the haws , Oakley buy him and he helps take them down with the worst defensive record in the league he cant defend lol I watched him in the last game of the season against Jeanfield and all he wanted to do was blame everyone round about him hahahaha

Fair enough of your opinion. Played with him in the super league though and he can certainly defend. Didn't watch him at Oakley so can't comment. No shame in not playing for Haws week in week out either, doesn't make him a bad player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair enough of your opinion. Played with him in the super league though and he can certainly defend. Didn't watch him at Oakley so can't comment. No shame in not playing for Haws week in week out either, doesn't make him a bad player. 


Fair point bud doesn't make him a bad player .
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11 July 2016 at 15:03, Macky1903 said:

Who's the 6/7 players ? Obviously Ricky has moved to bluebell, Aaron whitehead and Darren clarkson to lochee and Jamie mackie to Tayport . 

 Macky1903 would possibly mean there are more gone than what's been reported. 

The list below are decent enough junior players with experience, the current crop left possibly Wedderburn has decent experience but that's about it. The new signings I would not say are a better quality IMO and if they lose anymore I feel it will be a struggle all season. 

Whitehead, Clarkson, Patrick, Deane, Dobie,Brand,Elder,Mackie,Holden, McManus although the last 2 did leave last season to go to Jeanfield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10 July 2016 at 20:58, number4 said:


Gilfillin is on loan from Kelty I think and when he played at Rosyth was a centre mid and not a right back like when I saw him at Thornton ,Perrie is a decent player who played in a lot of positions for Lochgelly and is decent enough that the haws tried to buy him last season,conner was hot and cold when he played Rosyth last season but has potential .ricky Patrick left to continue playing super league and if saints were still there I would think he would still be there.
Think St. Andrews will be up there but Tranent will win it

Like I say I think they could go down again.lost a lot of players and replaced them with average Ammys.maybe that's why they were promised a game just to make sure St. Andrews had a team for this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back from a fortnights exile in coup torn Turkey. Will take in Lochee Utd v Tayport tonight.

St Andrews have now I believe returned all the missing children to Perth. The softboys as usual were feeling homesick after so many months in Fife. Does look like a long season for them based on what certain players told me of their opinion on management team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...