Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
whitburn exile

East Region Premier Season 16/17

Recommended Posts

2 relegations, committee have to hold their hands up and admit their mistakes. 

Fear for them if they go down now, needs new blood on the committee and desperately needs players wanting to play and clear leadership in the management setup.

Next club to to hit the wall...  I hope I am wrong. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The committee at St Andrews have a lot to answer for. No experience or understanding of football matters whatsoever. No forward thinking. No modern methods to attract investment. Players get a club relegated....but the downward journey is steered by committee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It requires a total overhaul, Superleague 18 months ago and strange decisions then, and 99% certain North League in next few weeks. 

2 Relegations and a committee who have made bad decisions in that time are to blame. 

As I said before, speaking to the few supporters I fear for their future as a club. 

Players will go and rightly so, but who would want to come and play in the North League and who can they attract. 

 

Too much bickering in the committee and too many silent assassins...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I right in saying that Whitburn's final 4 games are

dundee violet, Downfield. Arniston and Glenrothes??? 

 

They'll be confident of getting 2 points needed I'd imagine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pity St Andrews, too many thundercunts on here doing nothing but putting the boot in and sniping at those in charge rather than offering to do something to help them out.  Shame for them but that's football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, drs said:

I pity St Andrews, too many thundercunts on here doing nothing but putting the boot in and sniping at those in charge rather than offering to do something to help them out.  Shame for them but that's football.

I'd like to see St Andrews stay up personally but doesn't look likely. A lot of mates up there and have a lot of time for Morri. Don't know what's went wrong and thought the change in manager would've gave them a lift but found wind very hard to come by after having such a good start to season as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DRS 

i agree with you for once but I do believe help has been offered from a few good guys to go on committee with footballing knowledge and some business acumen, but it's never been taken up. Reasons only a select 1 or 2 know who seem to be making all the decisions and have done so for the last couple of years. 

Clearly they are blameless when speaking to them and it's everyone else's fault. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Victor 

Managers have chosen to let players go and brought players in. It has not worked at all, no heart in the squad, no fight and nothing from the sides at all. 

Yes a couple of games been unlucky here and there, good start people say, they played promoted teams and a Dalkeith side which changed effectively a whole squad, those same teams have improved as the season went on while the Saints gradually got worse each week. 

The signings have been poor and discipline in games poor and that comes from the sidelines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Blue jean said:

Victor 

Managers have chosen to let players go and brought players in. It has not worked at all, no heart in the squad, no fight and nothing from the sides at all. 

Yes a couple of games been unlucky here and there, good start people say, they played promoted teams and a Dalkeith side which changed effectively a whole squad, those same teams have improved as the season went on while the Saints gradually got worse each week. 

The signings have been poor and discipline in games poor and that comes from the sidelines. 

You'll have a better insight on the situation than me as only saw them 3 times this season so not in a position to have an opinion other than seeing results, reading reports etc. 

I'm sure with the budget Saints have though, IF they do go down then they'll be favourites to come back up, though north league is tougher than people think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Victor - The first 6 games I seen and we did ok won games yes, opposition was not great in fairness. Possibly that was a false hope, since then seen a couple towards xmas in which we were poor and seen the last 5/6 games. We played well against Kennoway and Arniston away in which we were unlucky. Sauchie away was terrible along with Tayport, Violet, Whitburn and Downfield on sat. 

I don't agree with your statement on budget, yes money been spent on wages and transfer fees from Barret and Morri but they have bought extremely poorly in my eyes and a lot of the committee from what they have said,  that being said however I do feel they say one thing to your face and another to someone else. 

Players will leave and for me it's right as the mentality is all wrong, but we won't come straight back up that's for sure, we need to start fresh again and that's a worry I have for our long term future in the junior game. 

The committee are nice people, but they all have the same common problems, that's speaking about everyone behind their backs and he said this and she said that. End of the day the chairman/treasurer has been making decisions and also trying to move his boy onto other clubs now for me that speaks volumes about where the club are at. 

On Sat a committee member who was watching the game 50 yards from us asked us after the game who won!!!!

That tells me he either drank too much or just does not care...

Edited by Blue jean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Am I right in saying that Whitburn's final 4 games are

dundee violet, Downfield. Arniston and Glenrothes??? 

 

They'll be confident of getting 2 points needed I'd imagine. 

Have I missed something, some announcement from ERSJFA.

By my reckoning the bottom 4 clubs are relegated from the Premier League to the relevant North/South division. 

This puts St. Andrews, Dundee Violet, and Armadale Thistle automatically down with Whitburn needing to secure 4 wins out of 4, and again by my reckoning the fixture against Glenrothes is the squeaky bum time, full points needed or the drop beckons if it hasn't already happened.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but it's been bugging my tits all weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue jean said:

It requires a total overhaul, Superleague 18 months ago and strange decisions then, and 99% certain North League in next few weeks. 

2 Relegations and a committee who have made bad decisions in that time are to blame. 

As I said before, speaking to the few supporters I fear for their future as a club. 

Players will go and rightly so, but who would want to come and play in the North League and who can they attract. 

 

Too much bickering in the committee and too many silent assassins...

Blue jean your alive.......

Still not commented on the Bluebell thread neither has your pal Boris to be fair maybe you haven't had the time yet.

why don't you volunteer to help saints if you really feel they need a punt and you are concerned for them rather than do what you usually do and slate every club, while supporting your own ego. Do you have the business acumen? are you a football man? If so offer to help them out 

I know a lot of the guys on the playing side at saints as well as Morri and duff. and they will be hurting. They will stick together whatever league they are playing in next season am sure with a couple of additions they will make amends for this season. 

PS you gonna tell me who the better candidate was other than stevie kay yet. Would be really interested in that observation ? Oh the bluebells are blue 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bluebell1

well and truly alive sir...

I hold my hands up and say yes you have had an exceptional first season, a lot of changes. I can only go on info given and it's my opinion there were very good candidates. Would they have had as good a first season well no crystal balls there but having seen a few super league games this season I do believe it was a fairly poor super league but you can only beat what's in front of you and Dundonald have picked up points when it's mattered and got that bit of a run which sets you up well.

Broughty started great and then went a few months without winning, Carnoustie were poor and never won for about 8 weeks and then went on a great run, Linlithgow have been poor all season and are were they should be at this stage but I believe they will get out of it. It has been an inconsistent season for a few teams and that's were others have capitalised. 

Putting 3/4 wins together Inbetween a couple of defeats and draws and then a wee run again can propel any team in this league. You must admit yourself how surprised you have been with the 1st season and the biggest test will be next year and progressing on that. 

Going on about your comment about helping them out, well that's been offered in the past about 3 years ago which was never really taken up, likewise speaking to a few who have expressed an interest in working and helping out but due to the current committee and nip picking along with inner unrest it's not something they would want to do at this time, however being local people and if things changed with a choice few they would gladly come on board. 

Me now helping out is not really an option as I can't commit, if it's dancing one night and football the next with the kids and juggling work being away more it's not a commitment I could maintain. 

In terms of managers I have not slated Morri in fact I said he did a great job at Dundonald but very strange how he left and that was the basis of the thread before how and why that had happened. 

Going back to Saints yes you will know a lot and I am not saying they are not hurting but end of the day it's the managements signings, transfers, players going and they have not been good enough. 

 

 

 

Edited by Blue jean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Blue jean your alive.......

Still not commented on the Bluebell thread neither has your pal Boris to be fair maybe you haven't had the time yet.

why don't you volunteer to help saints if you really feel they need a punt and you are concerned for them rather than do what you usually do and slate every club, while supporting your own ego. Do you have the business acumen? are you a football man? If so offer to help them out 

I know a lot of the guys on the playing side at saints as well as Morri and duff. and they will be hurting. They will stick together whatever league they are playing in next season am sure with a couple of additions they will make amends for this season. 

PS you gonna tell me who the better candidate was other than stevie kay yet. Would be really interested in that observation ? Oh the bluebells are blue 

 

 

 

The better candidate in Blue Jeans eyes wouldn't be Phil McGuire would it ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...