East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised at the drop in attendance at Tranent considering the huge crowd last season when they pipped us for the league. The lads played out a hard fought well deserved win. Looked like Tranent had lost a few players from last season. Hopefully we can start stringing a few wins a and build up confidence in the next few weeks. New manager should be in place soon. 

14 minutes ago, Gorgieman said:

Surprised at the drop in attendance at Tranent considering the huge crowd last season when they pipped us for the league. The lads played out a hard fought well deserved win. Looked like Tranent had lost a few players from last season. Hopefully we can start stringing a few wins a and build up confidence in the next few weeks. New manager should be in place soon. 

we have went back the way on last season i feel. i know the league is better but we seemed to be playing better stuff last year

DRS you make me laugh...

I am a saints fan and I speak my mind about what I see. Judging by performances in pre season and the majority of the 18 games last season and what locals say,  they were poor. The games this season I am glad they have got the wins as its a long hard season. 

The games this season they have played a virtually new Dalkeith side and lost deservedly. Followed by playing 3 of the promoted teams, Glens very poor Kennoway and Haddington in all these games I would not say they have been far the better team but do have a cutting edge in attack which the others don't. These games have been won on errors and Saints have made less of them which is pleasing. 

I never managed today's game but by speaking to people they have said Bathgate were poor but had chances in the game which could have altered it, the Beauty of opinions. 

Saints serious title contenders I hope they prove me wrong but certainly can't see it and still Believe they will struggle overall this season. 

The last campaign in the Premier  they set of like a train also but maintained it to gain promotion although stuttered the final 5 games or so. Can I see that happening again no not really, the players lack experience and the squad is not good enough in reserve. 

Thats the world of football and opinions unfortunately you dislike them regardless despite it not being the team you support and you have a lot to say about every other team...

Great win for the hoose

we have went back the way on last season i feel. i know the league is better but we seemed to be playing better stuff last year

How many games do you actually get along too ya deluded person? Absolutely cringeworthy. Let's just judge as per usual come what may.

What game were you watching? Fucking imbasile

20 hours ago, Macca1875 said:

How many games do you actually get along too ya deluded person? Absolutely cringeworthy. Let's just judge as per usual come what may.

i have been a season ticket holder for about 9 years but going home and away the last 5, have you been to as many? i hope ur right about may time, all im saying as recent performances have suggested we are not playing as well as last season. If you are telling me the management, suporters,committee and players are happy with recent results you must be living in a different Tranent to me.

On 10/29/2016 at 21:17, Gorgieman said:

Just getting back to their usual support I guess. Good win for Whitburn.

Saturday 5 November 2016
Armadale Thistle v Dundee Violet Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Dalkeith Thistle v Haddington Athletic Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Glenrothes v Bathgate Thistle Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Kennoway Star Hearts v Tayport Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
St Andrews United v Tranent Juniors Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png

Saturday 12 November 2016
Arniston Rangers v Dundee Violet Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Bathgate Thistle v Downfield Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Haddington Athletic v Kennoway Star Hearts Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Sauchie Juniors v Forfar West End Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Tayport v St Andrews United Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Tranent Juniors v Armadale Thistle Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png
Whitburn Juniors v Dalkeith Thistle Kick Off: 2.00pm smallPrinter.png      Analyse.png

Much better display from the team this week against a decent Bathgate side, no much to talk about in a fairly even first half with neither keeper being tested. Our 2 best chances fell to the manager ,  firstly an effort that Gavin Hastings would have been proud of then hitting the post when it looked easier to score .We took the lead our work rate deserved 10 mins into the second half though with good link up play resulting in a cool finish from mutch. Bathgate levelled 10 mins later, our lack of a big strong centre back allowing the smallest boy on the pitch to head home. Man of the match Napier restored the lead but jono missed the chance  to put the game to bed shortly afterwards, ballooning another effort 10 feet over the bar from 6 yds with only the keeper to beat. Napier showed the out of form striker where the goals are though with a rasping volley near the end to seal the 3 points.

I can't argue with much if any of that. The right team won as I thought we were poor on the day. The first half was dreadful. I would add though that there were a couple of decisions in the game that were really poor. Firstly, the opener was offside. Both teams filmed the game and it's clear as day. I know the refs can find offside hard to call though. The foul given against Iain Griffin for the free kick that led to the third goal was another awful decision. I mean really poor. The ref had a great view as well. Having said that the boy Napier finished it brilliantly and in general had a smashing game. He's a terrific player. Disappointing to see Jono resorting to diving to try and win a penalty given he's the manager now but I suppose for that split second he's a striker trying to win the game first and a manager second.

A word on the pitch. That surface was a disgrace. I can accept that you can't expect a bowling green and it's difficult to get a great pitch at this time of year but it looked like it hadn't been cut in at least a fortnight. Having said that, it was the same for both teams and I've no complaints with the end result.

Don't usually want to comment on here about things that happen in our game but to come on here slagging Johno off for "diving" when there was only 1 person booked for diving in the game and it was your player!!! We could mention the fact that your linesman/secretary twice put his flag up when ball nowhere near out of play!!!! Agree the pitch was in poor condition, actually the worst it's been this season as it has been very decent, didn't really suit us either but we managed to adapt. Your managers interview after it said it was embarrassing to come to Glenrothes and get beat after we lost heavily last week......seriously, that's a poor statement to make imo. All teams are more than capable of beating each other in this league as has been shown. 

I think if you consider that 'slagging' then you might need to grow a thicker skin.  Yes, our player was booked for diving.  I think though that the fact the referee failed to take into account that the boy lost a boot because his foot had been stood on, accidentally by the way, might suggest that was harsh.  It certainly didn't come off of its own accord.  If anything Mr M above me gave Jono more of a roasting - largely tongue in cheek I'm guessing.  

And the manager was criticising his own sides display as embarrassing.  Whilst your side was coming off a hiding we had actually played very well the week before against Arniston and the drop in level of performance and poor attitude was what he was talking about.  Again, thicker skin might be required.

Just now, hibby9 said:

Also heard st Andrew manager boom was sacked and now on there comitee. And morri who was bluebell manager last season had took over

Think Boom actually resigned mate, but rest is true. He's on committee now and Morri has took over. 

Archived