East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about midfield and attack?

Any further speculative stuff on Thomson and perhaps Riordan or is it just speculation?!

Midfield is mostly the same. 1 new addition and 1 who can't make it because of work commitments. Up front there's 1 in and 2 away in flynny and joe Murray retiring 😜

Any further speculative stuff on Thomson and perhaps Riordan or is it just speculation?!

Midfield is mostly the same. 1 new addition and 1 who can't make it because of work commitments. Up front there's 1 in and 2 away in flynny and joe Murray retiring 😜

3 defenders signed.

3 defenders signed.

heard yi the first time pal 🙈lol

heard yi the first time pal 🙈lol

U keep saying that we only won the league by 3 points. Use had 5/6 games in hand against teams that had little or nothing to play for other than Blackburn. Use beat us once out of 3 attempts and let's be honest we absolutely pumped use. We missed a penalty had a perfectly good goal disallowed and hit the woodwork twice. Use scored a last minute goal. We had Ryzo out that game injured and the other 2 games he played against use he had Gary brass in his back pocket. We had a free week the first week of the season other than that I think we had were front runners the whole season. We were beating 3 more times all season against jeanfield and auchinleck which we should have got something from both games and beating by Bonnyrigg after being down to 10 men after 7mins. Not saying we would have got anything out of the Bonnyrigg game cause they were a class above. We were certainly a better team than Whitburn last season.

Belter read my post again I don't deny you weren't a good football team but pointing out that only winning by 3 points is not a mile.

heard you the first time pal 🙈lol

Belter tea my post I say the points total doesn't show won by a mile. I did not say you were not a good footballing team

U keep saying that we only won the league by 3 points. Use had 5/6 games in hand against teams that had little or nothing to play for other than Blackburn. Use beat us once out of 3 attempts and let's be honest we absolutely pumped use. We missed a penalty had a perfectly good goal disallowed and hit the woodwork twice. Use scored a last minute goal. We had Ryzo out that game injured and the other 2 games he played against use he had Gary brass in his back pocket. We had a free week the first week of the season other than that I think we had were front runners the whole season. We were beating 3 more times all season against jeanfield and auchinleck which we should have got something from both games and beating by Bonnyrigg after being down to 10 men after 7mins. Not saying we would have got anything out of the Bonnyrigg game cause they were a class above. We were certainly a better team than Whitburn last season.

Good try belter,Tranent were only 3pts in front of Whitburn at seasons end,a season where Whitburn played the first 3 months of it "away" from home,a great achievement imo!!

They have around 7/8 defenders I'm sure in the squad ATM as they have signed 3 for this season and not offloaded any, how many does a team need?

Quality over quantity mate. I could get ten of my mates and say I have ten strikers but they could all be terrible? Signed 3 already is a good sign, only know one of them and he is of good quality so that's a startðŸ‘ðŸ¼

New additions Tranent, Whitburn and Downfield will make this league the most interesting and exciting one again this season. All 3 are well run and ambitious clubs. As much as I would like to see St. Andrews make another quick return to the super league, their signings and reported targets thus far don't fill me with much hope. Tayport holding talks with a player who was relegated back to the Mickey Mouse league with Thornton and another who couldn't get a regular start at the minnows who struggled to get out of it tells you all you need to know about their chances too. Relative of mine tells me Kennoway Star have secured the services of Craig Johnstone from Arbroath and resigned Kevin Byers, but Jimmyg is getting a bit carried away thinking they are the Fife side who could finish in the top 3. Unless of course he was referring to the Glens who have extended the contracts of the chairmans chauffeur and bodyguard. One of whom conceded 10 goals in a cup tie and the other who would struggle to score in a brothel these days. White Star and the rest of the management team to be gone by Christmas. I'VE TOLD YOU SO.

So you've mentioned Jack conceding 10 in a cup game against the best side in the east region, but no mention of the fact that I'm sure he had the most clean sheets in the league!!! Your posts border on the side of bitterness towards the glens. Everyone and their dug knows you, white star and various other usernames are the same person!!! Glens will have a young squad this season I think, in what is probably the tightest premier league since it started. Just need to wait and see how they get on, but management team will give it everything they have, that's for sure!

Haddington Athletic are very pleased to announce Brian Johnston and Kevin Twaddle as co-managers following the departure of Johnny Harvey. Our sincere thanks go to Johnny, not least for giving me the opportunity to post somewhere other than the South Division thread :D 

Archived