East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take away the surprise then-- st.andrews or tayport?

Canny see kennoway or Glenrothes being in the promotion mix--no offence to any of their followers.

But yes as pie n beans said Whitburn could even do ok,Haddington maybe though inclined to feel arnistons late run won't go into next season.

Some clubs still got signing targets to get on board so it's definitely not clear cut and with 3 down from last year,the 2 south promoted sides and eg Haddington n bathgate probably challenging you could be talking 7 or 8 from a league of 16 all looking to make the top 3.

Is it still Dave baikie at tayport?

If so aye he knows the game.

Whitburn under the radar a bit but quietly fancied.

Anyone know new guys they've added to strengthen what was a good 3rd tier side last year? Ie think they'll need some new blood to be top half of premier?

Aye Tranent will do well but better standard too in premier mind so won't find it as easy as last year.

By the way davie Robb aye forgot about oven stone!

Aye also ex east fife but as you say as a good young manager probably getting help behind the scenes with db.

By a mile? Really? Only 3 points in at the end.

Yes. They absolutely tore us to shreds, Whitburn did beat us twice but apart from the boy Gary up front I didn't think they were great. Tranent have brought in a good defender in Kerr from arniston, which they needed big time. Much better side than Whitburn IMO

Dont get me wrong would love it if we got promoted but given recent experiences to me stability is the key. With regards to your comments about Tranent winning by a mile the fact they only won by 3 points doesn't paint that picture (not denying they were a good football team last season)

Would say that's fair, 4 going down is a lot. Stay up and consolidate yourselves this year and push on next.

Dont get me wrong would love it if we got promoted but given recent experiences to me stability is the key. With regards to your comments about Tranent winning by a mile the fact they only won by 3 points doesn't paint that picture (not denying they were a good football team last season)

I know they didn't win it by a mile, but in terms of being the best team I felt they were miles ahead of everyone ability wise.. They need to improve defensively going into the premier, but they have and probably will even more before the season begins, fancy them quite strongly.

Sure the relegated 3 from superleague plus eg bathgate Haddington will be aware of the potential from Tranent and be up for it.

6 league games in 2 and a half weeks before August is out so teams that start fittest and best should be there for the long haul

I know they didn't win it by a mile, but in terms of being the best team I felt they were miles ahead of everyone ability wise.. They need to improve defensively going into the premier, but they have and probably will even more before the season begins, fancy them quite strongly.

They have around 7/8 defenders I'm sure in the squad ATM as they have signed 3 for this season and not offloaded any, how many does a team need?

U keep saying that we only won the league by 3 points. Use had 5/6 games in hand against teams that had little or nothing to play for other than Blackburn. Use beat us once out of 3 attempts and let's be honest we absolutely pumped use. We missed a penalty had a perfectly good goal disallowed and hit the woodwork twice. Use scored a last minute goal. We had Ryzo out that game injured and the other 2 games he played against use he had Gary brass in his back pocket. We had a free week the first week of the season other than that I think we had were front runners the whole season. We were beating 3 more times all season against jeanfield and auchinleck which we should have got something from both games and beating by Bonnyrigg after being down to 10 men after 7mins. Not saying we would have got anything out of the Bonnyrigg game cause they were a class above. We were certainly a better team than Whitburn last season.

Archived