East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

We (Sauchie)have asked I believe Downfield to move the game to the Friday night, however I believe Downfield have good numbers coming to their place for hospitality that day, and rightly so would not want to miss out on the chance of extra income which I would suggest most other clubs would be the exact same, ourselves included. So there is not an issue in the slightest with anyone at Downfield

It is a huge shame if our supporters that have followed us all over the place this year miss out on the chance of watching us potentially lift the league trophy for one reason or another.

What I am at a loss to understand is in our last 4 games we had a team from Dundee to play home and away which is strange enough, and one of these game had to be a midweek and we were given a home fixture against Dundee last Wednesday,we then asked if we could switch the tie and we would go up there last Wednesday, which would mean we had an opportunity if we managed to get the points required to win the league at home this Saturday in front of a home crowd and were told no.?????

I cant understand the logic of this at all but maybe its just me..........

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We (Sauchie)have asked I believe Downfield to move the game to the Friday night, however I believe Downfield have good numbers coming to their place for hospitality that day, and rightly so would not want to miss out on the chance of extra income which I would suggest most other clubs would be the exact same, ourselves included. So there is not an issue in the slightest with anyone at Downfield
It is a huge shame if our supporters that have followed us all over the place this year miss out on the chance of watching us potentially lift the league trophy for one reason or another.
What I am at a loss to understand is in our last 4 games we had a team from Dundee to play home and away which is strange enough, and one of these game had to be a midweek and we were given a home fixture against Dundee last Wednesday,we then asked if we could switch the tie and we would go up there last Wednesday, which would mean we had an opportunity if we managed to get the points required to win the league at home this Saturday in front of a home crowd and were told no.?????
I cant understand the logic of this at all but maybe its just me..........

It's just you[emoji6] [emoji8]

2 minutes ago, Nutshell said:

Hearing whispers about the sauchie manager and that he has resigned. Can this be confirmed. Hope not for our sake. Big challenge next year and we need him at the helm.

Why would a Manager walk after winning a league? 

Confirmed by a player they were all told tonight as a committee member has told fans so the manager told the players tonight he will leave after the final game next week at downfield. Something's happened must of. We have just won a league title again

Here's how it's looking, 10 Lothians clubs confirmed, and plenty of East Lothian derbies.

Arniston Rangers

Bathgate Thistle 

Blackburn United

Dalkeith Thistle 

Dunbar United

Fauldhouse United

Haddington Athletic 

Musselburgh Athletic

Tranent Juniors 

Whitburn Juniors 

Glenrothes 

Tayport 

Thornton Hibs

Downfield 

Kirriemuir Thistle

Newtongrange Star or Forfar West End 

1 hour ago, shuggie123 said:

Whitburn 2 Glenrothes 2. 

Barring a 10 goal defeat next week, Whitburn secure Premier League football for next season.

Hopefully won't have to endure another season like this one.

Whitburn manager leaving?

Archived