East Region Premier Season 16/17

whitburn exile

2nd season will be what it is to be honest. We certainly won't be resting on our laurels. Lots of experience at bluebell in terms of junior football and we are fully aware what needs to be done to try and take us to the next level. Both on and off the park.

As for the standard in superleague a wouldn't say poor but would say that it's certainly not as high as it was.  However, Kelty and Bonnyrigg are 2 really good sides and would compete for the title in any superleague throughout the years.

Its a shame you don't have the time to help your local side but maybe refraining from slating them on forums would assist them going forward. Only my opinion to be fair.  The People running the club, players and management will be giving there all. Sometimes you hit dips but that should make you more determined and focused to get things right and prove people wrong. Am sure that will be the case at saints certainly from the football side anyway.

As for the bell looking forward to continually proving the doubters and haters wrong next season again.

oh the bluebells are blue

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not go as far as saying I slate them, fact is it's a honest opinion and it isn't good enough both on and off the park. That falls down to management and committee, I am only speaking out about what others say and do and that comes from committee members and several supporters. 

Meetings and discussions falling on deafs ears, voices not being heard or 2-3 working against others. Now I know all committees don't get on, problem with St. Andrews everyone you speak to is on the committee which is a problem in it's self, and too many not interested in either taking the club forwards or more concerned about their own wee patch on the committee, then slag each other off as and when they want to be heard. 

I can say more but it would be wrong to do that, but do I think the players are good enough no I don't, do I think signings were correct no I don't, will some leave yes most likely. The committee backed all of what's happened the last few years or some did and others didn't but again it's who holds the highest power and influence over 2/3 but they have to take their fair share of the blame. 

As a saints player i can reassure anyone with any doubt that the feeling from the changing room is not to put blame on the commitee or the management team or anyone else for that matter... as a squad of players we understand that we have not been anywhere near good enough and have failed this club as most of us are new signings including myself and its something we are definatly not proud of! 

If the outcome of the season is relegation which looks likely then there is noone to blame but ourselfs but i for one will be staying to right these wrongs from this season and get st andrews back to where they should be and that is the opinion shared by most of the boys in the changing room!

anyone looking to blame other people should look no further than the players as we feel it is us that has let the club down!!

Well said Deekwallacebluebell

i believe the players do carry a shoulder of blame, and rightly so. 

However the downward spiral has been a combination of poor choices from committee & Management over the last 2 seasons. 

The commiitee issues are a lot longer than that however and it has never really been a working committee as to many Of them want to speak about one another. 

Half if not more are never there so how can it be a proper working committee with the clubs best interests. 

Granted all may be nice enough but lack severe knowledge in the running of a club. 

Its went on far too long and I fear it may never change until the club is effectively on its knees. 

Tranent came to beechwood last night scored two and done well first half to keep sauchie at bay. Second half was a different story sauchie battered tranent but failed to capitalize. Credit to tranent if they had played like that all season they may have been in the mix.

Dundee violet at home Wednesday.
Anniston away Saturday
Dundee violet away
Downfield away

You'd think that with Sauchie being the likely champions they could have held off with your last home game until the last match. Give you the chance of celebrating getting the trophy at your own ground. Obviously not a done deal yet, and it could still go wrong for you, but that's the way it's looking.

Anyway, good luck for the remainder of the season, I know a few Sauchie fans and like to see the team do well.

Just the shambles of an organization that can give fixtures in advance to allow clubs to plan ahead to allow best chance to maximize income and your team wins a league title and the league come along pull out a wee table at an away ground and present the trophy. Shambles. Last game should be at home. Not rocket science.

7 hours ago, Nutshell said:

Just the shambles of an organization that can give fixtures in advance to allow clubs to plan ahead to allow best chance to maximize income and your team wins a league title and the league come along pull out a wee table at an away ground and present the trophy. Shambles. Last game should be at home. Not rocket science.

Can feel your frustration.

Same happened to us in season 14/15, had 3 games left 2 home 1 away. You've guessed it 2 home games were cast 1st then away to Lochee last game to lift a cup off a wee table.

Lochee got a pay day with a healthy travelling support, another Dundee club will possibly have a title party from yourself.

35 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

Congratulations to all at Sauchie. Well deserved. 

Yes, congratulations Sauchie.

Whitburn almost secured the win that would have seen them safe from relegation. Three times ahead, but pulled back each time, the 3rd equaliser coming just 5 minutes from the end. 1 point now needed from the last 2 games.

Sauchie seemingly asked for next weeks game at downfield to be Friday night instead of cup final day to get more of their fans along to celebrate. Surely this benefits downfield more than a Saturday game.

Archived